Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: New biography details David Bowie's versatile sex life and wild orgies

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Merriweather always had such great acts. I saw Madonna and her opening act was the Beastie Boys. She had a hard time living up to them. I also saw Public Image Ltd, Eurythmics, Echo and the Bunnymen, he B-52's, New Order, Depeche Mode, Nik Kershaw (no one knows him), Elvis Costello, Aztec Camera, too many to list. I loved that area because we got really good shows. 9:30 club was also awesome.
    I don't know how Merriweather still exists with what has been done in that area. This company moved in and basically bought up the whole town, and built condos on every square foot of land around Symphony Woods. It's just crazy. But there is still just enough space for concerts and Wine in the Woods.

David Bowie and Tina Turner. Sorry can't post.

Tina Turner & David Bowie - Tonight (Live) - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't know how Merriweather still exists with what has been done in that area. This company moved in and basically bought up the whole town, and built condos on every square foot of land around Symphony Woods. It's just crazy. But there is still just enough space for concerts and Wine in the Woods.
    Really? I haven't been there for years. I used to love it there. I went to the mall about 5 or 6 years ago on one of my trips home. I always loved Columbia because it had so much to do, but it was tucked away in all of these trees. Very pretty.

I've seen Bowie 3 times...in the late 70s, at the Arie Crown Theater in Chicago--somehow ended up with tickets to both shows so I went 2 nights in a row with different people. (Didn't mention to the guy on the second night that I'd already see it ) Great, great venue, small enough that there's not a bad seat and good acoustics (I also saw Bryan Ferry there which was another concert highlight of my life) Saw DB again during his Serious Moonlight Tour in 1983, it was at one of those big stadiums (the Rosemont I think) so it wasn't as great for me. But I still have the "Let's Dance" buttons I bought, around here somewhere.

Since no one has mentioned these songs yet, I have to do a shout out for Golden Years as a fav (although I can't hear it anymore without seeing Heath Ledger's dance scene from A Knight's Tale in my mind-not that it's a bad thing) and my all time favorite DB Song...I dunno, but just hearing Hot tramp I love you so! takes me on a sentimental journey.

KrisNine likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I like a lot of his kooky shit, too. I like the song Andy Warhol Hang on to Yourself, Oh You Pretty Things, John I'm Only Dancing. I liked him so much that I went to see Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence.

The first time I remember seeing him was a video on some Saturday music show...it was Jean Genie. Not anything like the music I was listening to at the time lol, but I loved it. A friend of mine's older brother had some of DB's albums so that's when we were formally introduced...then there was David Live, Diamond Dogs. The cover art on that LP, wow. Still have that here somewhere too.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Haven't seen anyone mention 'Life On Mars'. One of my faves.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

My favourite Extras episode was Bowie with Ricky Gervais. I love the bit on the DVD extras where they interviewed him, I love his tongue in cheek style:

It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by firebrat1229 View Post
    Haven't seen anyone mention 'Life On Mars'. One of my faves.

Oh Gods! We went to one of our mate's gigs and the house band (who were singing during the mid-set break) started butchering that song. We had to get up and go outside while it was on. It was too painful to have a middle aged man in a cheap suit trying to do Bowie.

My other half is a big David Bowie fan, particularly the Eno era stuff, but has never got to see him live. The closest he's managed is getting matey with Steve Strange (who was in the Ashes to Ashes video) but he still can't bring himself to ask what DB is like as a person lol.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Hit By Ban Bus!

He could still get it, I thank the movie Labyrinth, for bringing him to my attention . I don't find him attractive at all, but I think he is insanely sexy. It might be the whole androgynous thing, or the squirrely Brit thing.
    Callalily likes this.

fgg

David Bowie rejected star who had plastic surgery to woo him

David Bowie once dashed the hopes of a star who desperately wanted to sleep with him, even though she had plastic surgery in anticipation of the occasion.

Wendy Leigh’s “Bowie: The Biography” reveals that “by 1977, Elizabeth Taylor and David had bonded,” when one of Taylor’s friends — actress Loretta Young, in her 60s at the time — saw a picture of Bowie, and told Taylor, “I want to be with him. Can you arrange it?”

The book adds that when Young, “vibrant and vivacious, despite her age,” was told he wouldn’t be in LA for months, she replied, “Good, that gives me time to prepare,” and went about “an exercise regime” and getting “nips and tucks on her body and her face.”

But when the magic moment finally arrived, Leigh reports Taylor as telling friends, “Loretta was very aggressive and said [to Bowie], ‘I’ve gone to a lot of trouble to meet you tonight.’”

Bowie, who “had a propensity for strong women, but not aggressive ones,” shot back politely, “You shouldn’t have gone to the trouble my dear. I only like black women and Asian men.”

David Bowie rejected star who had plastic surgery to woo him | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Where was that CDAN BI about Sulu and Uhura hooking up with an A-list international rock star?

I thought that was Patty Duke.

Anyway, Bowie has fabulous bone structure and elegance, sort of like Tilda Swinton. I could look at them all day, wish they'd make a movie together.
    70sRock and Lalasnake like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I always liked the way his anisocoria (uneven pupils) makes him look even more like a beautiful alien.

Love Bowie and his older music.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Cat People ♫
    Callalily and Trixie like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information