Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Natalie Portman denies ever dating Moby; calls him a creepy old man

I think they’re both telling the truth except in his wishful thinking he thought they were dating and she calls it hanging out a few times. Either way he should have at least told her he was putting her in the book, and if he didn’t it makes me think it’s because deep down he knew she wouldn’t agree with his characterisation. He comes off as a little pathetic especially given the age difference.
    Last edited by sputnik; May 27th, 2019 at 10:35 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I think I was living with someone of 36 when I was 21 & he’d been after me for around 3 years....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    He comes across as creepy whether they really dated or not, so all this insisting does him no favours and in fact makes it worse.

He would be better off approaching the issue with self-deprecating humour and say something like, 'I'm pretty sure we dated but I can understand why she would want to repress the memory.' But I guess we can't expect even that much humility from someone who just published his second memoir.
    Narscasists don’t have either a sense of humour nor humility!?!

He's skeevy. He's using some pieced together hang outs with a teenage actress that he saw as dating to sell a book and didn't even inform her (or anyone else he talks about apparently) about it. Then when she denied it, he whined and tried to prove it, making the whole thing skeevier.
    Kittylady likes this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I think I was living with someone of 36 when I was 21 & he’d been after me for around 3 years....
    And my first serious relationship started when I was barely 19 (though we met a little earlier when I was still 18) and he was almost 30 year old. I don’t find age differences inherently skeevy, everyone is different. It still doesn’t change that I think moby built this up in his head into more than it ever was for Portman. I don’t think I “dated” everyone I made out with a few times.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Met him before he was famous. Had a friend that picked him up for some rave event at a crappy club and interviewed him in mid 90's. He liked the youngins, male or female.
    Waterslide likes this.

In the May 2002 issue of Vogue Portman called actor/musician Lukas Haas and musician Moby her close friends. She was linked to Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine, but he claims they are friends.
    It sucks when you look back and realize the guys you thought were your friends were really just trying to get in your pants.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    It sucks when you look back and realize the guys you thought were your friends were really just trying to get in your pants.
    If it’s taken her 17 years to realise that about Adam Levine she doesn’t deserve your pity.
    weathered1, Beeyotch and holly like this.

fgg

Moby cancels book tour after Natalie Portman controversy

Moby canceled his book tour on Wednesday amid backlash over a claim in his book that he once dated Natalie Portman during his short-lived success as a musician.

The electro-pop artist posted a message on his Instagram page that tried to address the fallout from his autobiographical tome entitled “Then It Fell Apart.”

“I’m going to go away for awhile,” the musician wrote. “But before I do I want to apologize again, and to say clearly that all of this has been my own fault.”

The website for his scheduled tour said “moby is canceling all upcoming public appearances for the foreseeable future.”

Moby, 55, had included an anecdote in the book about meeting Portman at one of his concerts when she was 20 years old and he was 33. He claimed she flirted with him and they dated.

In response, Portman later told Harper’s Bazaar that she had only been 18 when she met the musician and he was “creepy.”

In his Instagram message on Wednesday, Moby conceded that he should have reached out to the actress before publishing about their interaction.

“I am the one who released the book without showing it to the people I wrote about. I’m the one who posted defensively and arrogantly. I’m the one who behaved inconsiderately and disrespectfully, both in 2019 and in 1999,” he said.

“There is obviously no one else to blame but me. Thank you, and I’m sorry.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/05/29/moby-...n-controversy/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

He sounds contrite in that apology. He could have turned this around though and continued on. People love it when someone who screws up, owns it and can laugh about it.
    idunno likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Elite Member

Not to worry. I'm sure he'll write a third biography soon.
    deenz and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

I wonder how our current President would have handled this.....?

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    He sounds contrite in that apology. He could have turned this around though and continued on. People love it when someone who screws up, owns it and can laugh about it.
    Yes he really does sound apologetic, and i almost feel bad for him! He kinda sounds all "poor me" though like now he's trying to get people to feel sorry for him.
    I noticed that he continues to fudge the ages so he's still being dishonest. I just looked up both his & Natalie's birthdates and there's a 16 year age difference, so if he was 33 then she was only 17! That's pretty gross.
    Kittylady likes this.

He’s a total narsscist and she is a revisionist with regards to her history.

Maybe not but they totally remind me of a couple (or ex-couple) I know.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I wonder how our current President would have handled this.....?
    He would likely be looking for a way to have Natalie deported back to Israel.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Hahaha, Page Six burned him with the "his short-lived success as a musician" bit. Good one, Page Six.
    holly and Mrs P like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information