Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Natalie Portman denies ever dating Moby; calls him a creepy old man

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Yea I was so confused by this headline when I saw it on E earlier.

A. Who cares?
    B. Why does Natalie care so much to even say anything about it/bring attention to it because again, who cares?

I don't get why he would lie and I don't necessarily think that she's lying so I just think it's overall a weird ass story.
    Seriously, if somebody would link me with dating Moby I would do the same.
    czb, yanna, Ravenna and 4 others like this.
    -

I can totally see him being this delusional.

He previously said he was ‘disappointed to be heterosexual’ because dating women was ‘really hard.’
    He said: ‘I would have crushes that wouldn’t be reciprocated or get into the wrong relationships

Now I gotta hear from Christina Ricci, who he also thinks he dated when she was 20 and he was 35.

Maybe try some female (or male?) your own age next time?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    Seriously, if somebody would link me with dating Moby I would do the same.
    I mean I definitely get that he is a total sleeze bag but if she didn't say anything would any of us had known that he even put a book out? Either way he certainly isn't doing himself any favors in writing about it or responding to it, but it's bringing him attention he doesn't deserve.

And I'm sure I'll get called out for victim shaming or something and that's not what I'm trying to do here it just seems like Natalie would have much more interesting things to do with her time UNLESS someone actually approached her and asked her about it, but I got the sense she just voluntarily came out and refuted this claim.

I imagine Christina hasn't said anything because she's off laughing about what a delusional sleeze he is while going about her usual day.
    Waterslide likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

He comes across as being halfway to being an Incel and that only the benefits of fame stopped him going the rest of the way.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I mean I definitely get that he is a total sleeze bag but if she didn't say anything would any of us had known that he even put a book out? Either way he certainly isn't doing himself any favors in writing about it or responding to it, but it's bringing him attention he doesn't deserve.

And I'm sure I'll get called out for victim shaming or something and that's not what I'm trying to do here it just seems like Natalie would have much more interesting things to do with her time UNLESS someone actually approached her and asked her about it, but I got the sense she just voluntarily came out and refuted this claim.

I imagine Christina hasn't said anything because she's off laughing about what a delusional sleeze he is while going about her usual day.
    Maybe she doesn't care if attention's brought to it, and she's just pissed off (or creeped out) enough about this sleazebag claiming they dated when she was a teenager that she wants to say something about it. And seriously, even if they did date (which I don't believe), who posts as proof a shirtless pic of themselves with the person in question, when that person is vehemently denying they dated you. And using the words 'creepy' and 'inappropriate'.
    Trixie, Kittylady, Ravenna and 1 others like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

He was interviewed on the Wendy Williams show a few weeks ago and they showed that shirtless picture. So it's more than just in the book, he's using his "relationship" with her to promote it.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

"Always in Your Mind", adapted by Mohandas K Ganja, no rights reserved

Moby, I didn't love you
    I said no as often as I could have
    And maybe I shouldn't greet you
    When you were shirtless - that was a gaffe
    When I got papped next to your pubescent chest
    I knew I'd be maligned
    o
    But it was always in your mind
    It was always in your mind

I know I’m going to be the voice of dissent here but I think that they did date. Moby was *massive* internationally.
    She is just trying to re-write her public history due to embarrassment etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I know I’m going to be the voice of dissent here but I think that they did date. Moby was *massive* internationally.
    She is just trying to re-write her public history due to embarrassment etc....
    Thank you both for saying what I was thinking, but didn't want to say because I don't want to be accused of victim shaming either. I seem to remember her giving interviews about dating him at the time and I have no problem admitting that I might be senile and wrong about that fact, but it's also a strange thing to have stuck in my mind all these years. Anyway, if she wanted to put the record straight, couldn't she have just put out a statement through her people that it didn't happen instead of calling him a creepy old man? I'm not saying that he wasn't a creepy old man, or that he was totally appropriate, but it's just a weird way to talk about this. On the other hand, he could probably do himself a favor and drop it...and on the other other hand, they both kind of seem like assholes, albeit for different reasons.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Yeah she could but then who would the arsehole be??? Lol!

I think that’s why I believe Moby.

oh and I found this gem

Relationships

Portman keeps her personal life as far away from the media spotlight as possible. She has always had many close male friends and rumored suitors who are frequently named as her boyfriends; the unverified gossip is often repeated as fact in tabloids and biographies. In reality, Portman has dated a couple of her college classmates, and has had alleged romantic links with actors including Liron Levo, Jake Gyllenhaal,, Hayden Christensen, and Gael García Bernal. In the May 2002 issue of Vogue Portman called actor/musician Lukas Haas and musician Moby her close friends. She was linked to Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine, but he claims they are friends. Recently, she is reportedly dating Nat Rothschild, of the famous multi-billionaire, Jewish banking family. But despite the rumors of her and Rothschild, Natalie has been spotted lately with Gael again. The two were seen kissing in London and Natalie has stated she has had an "intimate" realtionship with him before.”
    Last edited by Novice; May 25th, 2019 at 03:40 AM.
    o0Amber0o and Waterslide like this.

Elite Member

He only thought they were dating. Asshat. Instagram-non-apology-apology that I can't C&P at the link.
    https://jezebel.com/moby-is-sorry-1835034937

Moby Is Sorry

Moby, a man who erroneously believed he dated an 18-year-old Natalie Portman when he was a 33-year-old man, is sorry that he continued to insist they dated when she unambiguously said they did not.

In a May 25 Instagram post titled “from moby, an apology,” he recognized “that many of the criticisms leveled at me regarding my inclusion of Natalie in Then It Fell Apart are very valid,” though nowhere in his apology does he admit that the two didn’t date.

In his second memoir Then It Fell Apart, he wrote that he “tried to be Natalie’s boyfriend” and mentions the two of them kissing and sleeping next to one another in her Harvard dorm room. In response, Portman said he was, “an older man who was interested in me in a way that felt inappropriate.”

Last week Moby posted several truly awkward photos in order to prove that he dated Portman; however, those only served to make the situation look even skeevier. Now, two decades, a memoir, and a lot of backlash later, Moby says he gets why everyone is so grossed out, writing, “Also I accept that given the dynamic of our almost 14 year age difference I absolutely should’ve acted more responsibly and respectfully when Natalie and I first met almost 20 years ago.” But he does still seem to be hanging onto his claim that Portman was 20 in 1999 when, according to IMDB, she was born in 1981, while Moby was born in 1965.

He also apologized for not giving everyone he included in the book, including Natalie Portman and Lana Del Ray, a heads up that he was going to be writing about them.

Edit: This post has been edited to point out that Moby’s apology did not include a retraction of his claim to have dated Portman.

Why is he the asshat? She’s re-writing her history...

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Why is he the asshat? She’s re-writing her history...
    By Moby's own account:
    1) They kissed a few times and had one non-sexual sleep-over. That's hardly dating.
    2) The age difference makes him a creep.
    3) He should have told her, he wrote about her and given her a chance to react to it, before he published it.

Sounds to me like he is the one rewriting history.

Potatoes- potatoes....

The book will have gone through the publishers legal department at an early stage and there is plenty of photographs of them together at the time.

He comes across as creepy whether they really dated or not, so all this insisting does him no favours and in fact makes it worse.

He would be better off approaching the issue with self-deprecating humour and say something like, 'I'm pretty sure we dated but I can understand why she would want to repress the memory.' But I guess we can't expect even that much humility from someone who just published his second memoir.
    crayzeehappee, idunno and Beeyotch like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information