Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Natalie Portman bests Keira Knightley & Lindsay Lohan for Wuthering Heights role

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ hey I cleaned it up for you.. you should see all the stuff I was thinking. It's nice to see a hot guy that acts like a guy - that still has his hair - tell me could you not just much on those lips? Oh mercy... yummy

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Oh yes, the lips are good, the lips are really goooood.

If you two could kindly keep your minds above your waists at this time of day.... *adjusts collar* We British aren't used to this kind of talk you know.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^But you see, as a housewife whose kids are all finally in school all day, my mind stays in the gutter from 7 am to 3 pm. My husband reaps the benefits. 8-)

I don't think I have seen but one movie that she didn't butcher, and that was The Professional.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    ^^ hey I cleaned it up for you.. you should see all the stuff I was thinking. It's nice to see a hot guy that acts like a guy - that still has his hair - tell me could you not just much on those lips? Oh mercy... yummy
    Yes he is hot and perfectly broody.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I don't think I have seen but one movie that she didn't butcher, and that was The Professional.
    I agree. She's sucked in everything but that. I think it was more Jean Reno than anything else though. He was great.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I agree. She's sucked in everything but that. I think it was more Jean Reno than anything else though. He was great.

Oooh, I love him...He's one of my favorite ugly/hot guys. Is there a male version of jolie laide?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh my gosh!
    I'm a freaking genus (I had to look up how you spell genus) I've just come up with the next reality show.

No really!!

A director like Steven Speilberg allows fans to vote for the best actor for the job. The producer's would give you a list of names and if we didn't like them we could do a write in vote and if that person got enough votes they would add him to the list along with those the producer picked out. Is that not genus? Of couse Natalie P may never work again... My job as the inventor of the next most popular game would to be to consol the loosers...if I so desired.. heavy on the word desire... pant pant

penname - you Brits don't think of sex in the morning? um OK but why? The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

How about James Purefoy as Heathcliff?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^because everyone knows he's Marc Anthony.. and he's short...and he's 44 years old btw love your avatar!

Just cast unknowns, give other actors/actresses a chance. Especially if you're going to remake something, it'll be easier to see the character with a new face. It is much harder, no matter how good a thespian you are, to make the viewers to forget your name.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^With the massive proliferation of gossip, it is hard to seperate a lot of stars from their roles. I remember a lot of mainstream criticism of Angelina Jolie in A Mighty Heart for this very reason. Overexposure can kill an acting career, so stars serious about their acting should make it their business to stay out of the gossip milieu as much as possible.

I was thinking of the same thing. For example, Brad Pitt. After Mr. and Mrs. Smith and the whole Jolie/Aniston media flare, no one seems to acknowledge how good an actor he was. Same goes for Tom Cruise once he became a Scientologist.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^I know he's not in the gossip rags/sites a lot, but every time I see Denzel Washington in a role, most recently American Gangster, all I can think is "Denzel Washington, Movie Star". I think he's just coasting on his persona in a lot of his latest efforts.

Brad Pitt is a very good actor. Anyone who has seen Fight Club just couldn't deny that. I think he is aware of his publicity problem and tries to pick films that are far removed from his perceived persona, and I applaud him for that.

Agreed.

Totally agree with you on Denzel. His films are starting to be almost indistinguishable now.

So even if you avoid tabloid rags, you can still get typecasted or 'overused'. For example, I know a lot of people were hoping that Johnny Depp would play The Joker. As much as I like him, thats too much an obvious choice you know? Thats why I like Nolan's chose Heath Ledger. I remember when everyone's reaction when it was denounced as a rumor and it was confirmed. All the Batman fanboys were going insane. What an 180 once the HD trailer came out I like the characters Johnny plays, he has a hell of a resume, but wouldn't it be nice - just once - to play a particularly non eccentric role? I don't mean dull and atypical, but something less subdued?
    Last edited by bychance; April 20th, 2008 at 02:47 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information