Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Natalie Portman bests Keira Knightley & Lindsay Lohan for Wuthering Heights role

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ ditto on Emily Blunt, she would be better than Natalie.. we could dirty up Tom Welling? How about Hugh Jackman? Or Ed Norton he can play anything.

Me too on Emily Blunt. Not sure how well she can act, but I agree that she does look the part.

And Sasha, it's been a loooong time since I read the book, but I don't remember Cathy being that refined. Am I wrong?

Peach - Edward Norton is too old (otherwise, nice idea), ditto Hugh Jackman (although you can still have him for your own personal research purposes ). As for Tom Welling (pauses to wipe drool from chin), nice fantasy but how can I put this - no, no, NO!
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Yea, Johnny is too old now that I think about it.
    Cathy wasn't very refined, that's part of the reason why her father couldn't understand her or love her.

Is Emily Blunt the actress from "The Devil's Wears Prada", the english assisstant?

A*O

Hate to say this but scuzzy Colin would be perfect as Heathcliff. As for Cathy, she isn't particulary upper crust or refined, just a yeoman farmer's daughter really. But she is crazy so Britney is my vote.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I'm just glad they didn't cast Kiera. The people who keep casting her in classic heroine roles need to be shot.

And Lindsay? What a joke. I wouldn't cast her in any classic plays. Well, maybe as an alcoholic syphilitic, she could carry that off.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Hate to say this but scuzzy Colin would be perfect as Heathcliff. As for Cathy, she isn't particulary upper crust or refined, just a yeoman farmer's daughter really. But she is crazy so Britney is my vote.

I thought about that too but they'd have to get a midgett to play his love interest and I don't see Colin as manly. Maybe he could play a street urchin in Olliver or is that one L? We don't get many Olivers or Colins here.

Lets see Sir Lawrence was 32 when he played Heathcliff (yes go ahead and laugh I looked it up) Hugh Jackman is 39 and so is Ed Norton. Tom Welling is 31, if he can be superman he can be Heathcliffe and if he sucks we won't notice because he's so hot.

Natalie is all wrong for the part. If you think Keira is a Ikea then Natalie is the American version.

GaPeach all this time I thought you were talking about Natalie Dormer. Okay you mean Natalie Portman. I completely agree.

Natalie Dormer would be a perfect, crazy wild Cathy. She is so good as scheming, heartless Anne.

They probably would have to hire an unknown as Heathcliff. Anyone known that could do it is too old.

I guess Kate Winslet was busy.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Kate would be perfect

Hit By Ban Bus!

[quote=bellini;1154563]

Natalie Dormer would be a perfect, crazy wild Cathy. She is so good as scheming, heartless Anne.

quote]

ya know Dormer even looks like Merle Oberon.

How pathetic that we can't think of one guy good enough to play Heathcliff.... Cillian Murphy? Oh gosh he's got eyes to die for.

I'm a Star Wars fan but I have to be honest and say Natalie Portman is so limited and not much of a box office draw.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^It is sad we can't think of an actor good enough to play Heathcliff. H'wood has become a wasteland of limp, doe eyed twinks.

^^
    True. God I hope they don't pick some Zac Efron type guy to play Heathcliff (so that the teens can be into the movie).

okay another one from The Tudors but he's so good!

Henry Cavill

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    okay another one from The Tudors but he's so good!

Henry Cavill

YES!!!!!!!!

I was thinking that last night while I watched the show, he broods well, he's British and he's so hot he makes my thighs quiver!!!!

he gets my vote!!!!!!!!
    he's about the best thing on the show!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!

I was thinking that last night while I watched the show, he broods well, he's British and he's so hot he makes my thighs quiver!!!!
    Crikey, Peach - steady!
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information