Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Natalie Portman bests Keira Knightley & Lindsay Lohan for Wuthering Heights role

How about James McAvoy as Edward Linton? Oh, no, wait - Ewan McGregor!
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by penname View Post
    How about James McAvoy as Edward Linton? Oh, no, wait - Ewan McGregor!
    McAvoy would be better. Linton is kind of soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    McAvoy would be better. Linton is kind of soft.
    In comparison to Heathcliff, yes. But there should be some credibility for choosing Edward over Heathcliff (besides his status). I mean: would you choose McAvoy over Farrell?!?
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by penname View Post
    In comparison to Heathcliff, yes. But there should be some credibility for choosing Edward over Heathcliff (besides his status). I mean: would you choose McAvoy over Farrell?!?
    Cathy's reasons for choosing Linton was his status and money, with which she intended to help Heathcliff, and the fact that he was non-threatening pussy-boy.

And uh, no I wouldn't personally choose McAvoy over Farrell.

Natalie is ok. Her last movie The Other Boleym Girl was bearable. I'm sooooo glad Keira Knightley didn't get the part. Sick of her mouth-breather poses. Makes me want to punch her in the mouth!

I can't think of anyone fierce enough to play Cathy and Heathcliff. They need to cast some hot unknowns. Natalie Portman is too bland and wooden. I could kind of see Colin Farrel as Heathcliff cuz he is dark and brooding. But he doesn't have that killer element to him. He always strikes me as a goofball.

The actress who plays Anne on The Tudurs might be a good Cathy. She plays a cruel beauty very well. It would be tough to find someone good.

Does anyone remember when MTV did a remake of it? Erika Christianson was Cathy.

How about Helena Bonham-Carter for Cathy? (Although she might need some clever lighting as she's older than the others.) But she otherwise looks the part. And she can certainly act crazy enough...

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Helena is 42, much too old for the part. Actually, and don't start the shooting until I find some cover, Angelina Jolie would be perfect. She's crazy and intense and her accent in the Tomb Raiders movies didn't suck. Really, think about it.

ETA: Plus, she's such a beauty you could absolutely believe Heathcliff would be obsessed with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    ^^Helena is 42, much too old for the part. Actually, and don't start the shooting until I find some cover, Angelina Jolie would be perfect. She's crazy and intense and her accent in the Tomb Raiders movies didn't suck. Really, think about it.

ETA: Plus, she's such a beauty you could absolutely believe Heathcliff would be obsessed with her.
    Yes Helena is too old. Angelina would be a good choice. Now a really strong, ruthless and passionate Heathcliff. He has to be dark and brooding.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Yes Helena is too old. Angelina would be a good choice. Now a really strong, ruthless and passionate Heathcliff. He has to be dark and brooding.
    Now that we've settled Cathy!

I still say Joachin Phoenix. Get thee to the gym dude, and lay off the booze and coke, stat!

Hang on, hang on. First of all, can Joaquin even do an English accent? And second, I'm not entirely sold on having two Americans playing England's most passionate hero and heroine. It kind of goes against the grain. No offence meant!

How about Gerard Butler as Heathcliff (if he can get rid of the Glasgow accent)?
    Last edited by Tati; April 12th, 2008 at 12:39 PM.

Vivenne Leigh was English and she played Scarlett, who is the definition of a true Southern Belle. As well as Leslie Howard, who played Ashely Wilkes. Also, Nicole Kidman and Jude Law are not American but played the leads in Cold Mountain. Why can't American have a go at playing other countries favorite characters?

Also, I like the idea of Angelina being Cathy because of her personality, or at least her old one, but I don't know if she can handle the accent.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ agreed with Jolie

but Heathcliff has to be dark and tall and be able to stand up to Jolie - if he could pull off a English accent I'd say Javier Bardem or a brooding Jude Law?

Javier could work since Heathcliff is suppose to be dark in complexion as well as personality, but I don't think he's that tall and he has a thick spanish accent. I'm still sticking with Phoenix.

I cannot get on board with Angelina Jolie as Cathy....she can't act ...to quote Dorothy Parker "She runs the gamut of emotions from A to B"

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information