Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Natalie Cole: Amy Winehouse's Grammy wins send a 'bad message'

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I have a sinking feeling that my secret is out amongst those near and dear.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^^^
    oh, my near and dear know only too well.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Oh Natalie..STFU!!! It's and award for Musical Achievment.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Amy may be screwed up but no one can deny the fact that she has amazing talent

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

me too. i'm always on the side of the rebellious going against the current. i definitely have authority issues. most people wouldn't guess that of me in real life since i'm generally pretty quiet.
    It's always the quiet ones we need to keep an eye on.....

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Actually it was adding machines and unfortunately the business was sold before he had a chance at the money. His parents weren't poor but they weren't rich either. They did, though, keep him on a 200 dollar a month allowance until he was roughly 40-years-old. And yes, he did jones quite a bit but considered that part of the experience. I love Burroughs. Actually, I love anyone who lives their life as a big fuck you to society. I don't know why this is, although I assume I must have 'authority issues'.

Yeah, he was skeevy but still lvoe the book.
    I stand corrected about the adding machines, perhaps I should have just said office equipment. Most junkies don't get $200 a month from anyone, which in those days was a considerable sum. Most junkies are always broke, even ones with trust funds. His parents were no longer rich, but they certainly weren't poor and Burroughs had an Ivy League education, a "grand tour" of Europe afterward, and the family name to draw upon. I also have his biography, Literary Outlaw by Ted Morgan, on my bookshelf.

Burroughs was not a nice man, but I still say he had a better life than most junkies, jonesing or otherwise.

I don't agree that he wasn't a nice man. He struck me as a very complex man struggling with his issues. A fuck up in some ways but infinitely interesting...and I'd rather be interesting than nice.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

being a junkie/addict doesn't make you an evil person - it just means you're dealing with some fucking demons. my brother's wife just had a baby that tested positive for drugs, once CPS became involved, the mother left the hospital - abandoning the baby, my brother will take custody of the child even though it is believed that it isn't his. Believe it or not, the childs mother isn't the devil, she's a good person with a bad fucking habit. A habit that led to her turning her back on her children (this one is her 3rd - my brother already has the other 2) - as a mother, I can't imagine what kind of hold something would have to have on me that I would leave my baby...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    what about the many, many who've done the drugs and lived? Keith Richards, Mick, Nikki, Tommy - fucking practically anyone who is connected with Rock & Roll (actually ALL music). For me, it isn't so much the drug thing as Natalie's hypocrisy - apparently, it knows no bounds. You don't badmouth people for using drugs when you've done the same shit. Natalie is certainly no better - she's just hating 'cause Amy kicked ass at the Grammys. At least the skinny little crackwhore appears to be getting help and she didn't ride into the music business on her daddy's coattails.
    Babygirl, there's not much you can teach me about the music biz and the people connected with Rock & Roll. My dad was a founder of I.R.S. records, and I spent most of my childhood around talented junkies......Iggy, John Cale, Lou Reed, The Ramones, .....I was just at the Siouxsie Sioux show at Irving Plaza on Saturday night (although she's no junkie)

However, my original point in this thread, before all this drug talk was that the Grammy's are irrelevant. They have proved this over and over again. So what does it possibly matter what Natalie Cole thinks, or whether or not Amy "deserved" the awards.....It's all bullshit. The only things that matter are the $$$. It's a business.

And while I like to use drugs and do so, anyone who is a junkie really isn't giving a big old "fuck you" to the world and to authority. The are giving a "fuck you" to themselves. Addicts ain't happy, and up close it's a vile existence, no matter how people romanticize it.

I like Amy, she's talented. But I think she's not long for this world.

And please don't use those Motley Crue poseurs in the same sentence as Keith . They aren't fit to lick his balls.

and Burroughs was the execption, not the rule. Carly Simon said "There are no old junkies, they either give it up or they die" regarding her hubby at the time James Taylor.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Babygirl, there's not much you can teach me about the music biz and the people connected with Rock & Roll. My dad was a founder of I.R.S. records, and I spent most of my childhood around talented junkies......Iggy, John Cale, Lou Reed, The Ramones, .....I was just at the Siouxsie Sioux show at Irving Plaza on Saturday night (although she's no junkie)

However, my original point in this thread, before all this drug talk was that the Grammy's are irrelevant. They have proved this over and over again. So what does it possibly matter what Natalie Cole thinks, or whether or not Amy "deserved" the awards.....It's all bullshit. The only things that matter are the $$$. It's a business.

And while I like to use drugs and do so, anyone who is a junkie really isn't giving a big old "fuck you" to the world and to authority. The are giving a "fuck you" to themselves. Addicts ain't happy, and up close it's a vile existence, no matter how people romanticize it.

I like Amy, she's talented. But I think she's not long for this world.

And please don't use those Motley Crue poseurs in the same sentence as Keith . They aren't fit to lick his balls.
    Keith might argue that point .. he'd probably let him lick his balls if he were high enough. I mean, didn't he snort his DAD??
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Keith might argue that point .. he'd probably let him lick his balls if he were high enough. I mean, didn't he snort his DAD??

ok, you've got me there

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

being a junkie/addict doesn't make you an evil person - it just means you're dealing with some fucking demons. my brother's wife just had a baby that tested positive for drugs, once CPS became involved, the mother left the hospital - abandoning the baby, my brother will take custody of the child even though it is believed that it isn't his. Believe it or not, the childs mother isn't the devil, she's a good person with a bad fucking habit. A habit that led to her turning her back on her children (this one is her 3rd - my brother already has the other 2) - as a mother, I can't imagine what kind of hold something would have to have on me that I would leave my baby...
    that's an awful thing. poor baby.

That relates back to my point that junkies aren't giving authority and the world a big "fuck you". In this sad case, this little baby is the one that got a "fuck you"

It's vile, and no one should romanticize it.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    that's an awful thing. poor baby.

That relates back to my point that junkies aren't giving authority and the world a big "fuck you". In this sad case, this little baby is the one that got a "fuck you"

It's vile, and no one should romanticize it.
    It's completely vile. Vile for the baby, that baby's brother & sister who have to wonder where the mother & their new sister is, vile for the 16 year old kid I met 10 years ago when she started dating my brother, vile for my brother who married his little sweetheart and is now raising their children without her. I used to hate her for it - now, I hate it for her. The bright side, I guess is that the baby is somehow normal and has passed all her little tests. I don't know how, baby's are more resilient than we give them credit for being, I guess.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

I'm not romanticising addicts or drug users, I'm just saying I'm inclined to like them better than the Pollyanna's out there.

--Sinclair Lewis

I mean, didn't he snort his DAD??
    i hope DAD stands for some type of drug

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information