Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 120

Thread: Natalie Cole: Amy Winehouse's Grammy wins send a 'bad message'

  1. #91
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,884

    Default

    I have a sinking feeling that my secret is out amongst those near and dear.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  2. #92
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    57,452

    Default

    ^^^
    oh, my near and dear know only too well.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  3. #93
    Elite Member TheONe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    5,507

    Default

    Oh Natalie..STFU!!! It's and award for Musical Achievment.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

  4. #94
    Elite Member PinkCadillac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,434

    Default

    Amy may be screwed up but no one can deny the fact that she has amazing talent

  5. #95
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

    me too. i'm always on the side of the rebellious going against the current. i definitely have authority issues. most people wouldn't guess that of me in real life since i'm generally pretty quiet.
    It's always the quiet ones we need to keep an eye on.....

  6. #96
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Actually it was adding machines and unfortunately the business was sold before he had a chance at the money. His parents weren't poor but they weren't rich either. They did, though, keep him on a 200 dollar a month allowance until he was roughly 40-years-old. And yes, he did jones quite a bit but considered that part of the experience. I love Burroughs. Actually, I love anyone who lives their life as a big fuck you to society. I don't know why this is, although I assume I must have 'authority issues'.



    Yeah, he was skeevy but still lvoe the book.
    I stand corrected about the adding machines, perhaps I should have just said office equipment. Most junkies don't get $200 a month from anyone, which in those days was a considerable sum. Most junkies are always broke, even ones with trust funds. His parents were no longer rich, but they certainly weren't poor and Burroughs had an Ivy League education, a "grand tour" of Europe afterward, and the family name to draw upon. I also have his biography, Literary Outlaw by Ted Morgan, on my bookshelf.

    Burroughs was not a nice man, but I still say he had a better life than most junkies, jonesing or otherwise.

  7. #97
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,884

    Default

    I don't agree that he wasn't a nice man. He struck me as a very complex man struggling with his issues. A fuck up in some ways but infinitely interesting...and I'd rather be interesting than nice.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  8. #98
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    being a junkie/addict doesn't make you an evil person - it just means you're dealing with some fucking demons. my brother's wife just had a baby that tested positive for drugs, once CPS became involved, the mother left the hospital - abandoning the baby, my brother will take custody of the child even though it is believed that it isn't his. Believe it or not, the childs mother isn't the devil, she's a good person with a bad fucking habit. A habit that led to her turning her back on her children (this one is her 3rd - my brother already has the other 2) - as a mother, I can't imagine what kind of hold something would have to have on me that I would leave my baby...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  9. #99
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    what about the many, many who've done the drugs and lived? Keith Richards, Mick, Nikki, Tommy - fucking practically anyone who is connected with Rock & Roll (actually ALL music). For me, it isn't so much the drug thing as Natalie's hypocrisy - apparently, it knows no bounds. You don't badmouth people for using drugs when you've done the same shit. Natalie is certainly no better - she's just hating 'cause Amy kicked ass at the Grammys. At least the skinny little crackwhore appears to be getting help and she didn't ride into the music business on her daddy's coattails.
    Babygirl, there's not much you can teach me about the music biz and the people connected with Rock & Roll. My dad was a founder of I.R.S. records, and I spent most of my childhood around talented junkies......Iggy, John Cale, Lou Reed, The Ramones, .....I was just at the Siouxsie Sioux show at Irving Plaza on Saturday night (although she's no junkie)

    However, my original point in this thread, before all this drug talk was that the Grammy's are irrelevant. They have proved this over and over again. So what does it possibly matter what Natalie Cole thinks, or whether or not Amy "deserved" the awards.....It's all bullshit. The only things that matter are the $$$. It's a business.

    And while I like to use drugs and do so, anyone who is a junkie really isn't giving a big old "fuck you" to the world and to authority. The are giving a "fuck you" to themselves. Addicts ain't happy, and up close it's a vile existence, no matter how people romanticize it.

    I like Amy, she's talented. But I think she's not long for this world.

    And please don't use those Motley Crue poseurs in the same sentence as Keith . They aren't fit to lick his balls.

    and Burroughs was the execption, not the rule. Carly Simon said "There are no old junkies, they either give it up or they die" regarding her hubby at the time James Taylor.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  10. #100
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Babygirl, there's not much you can teach me about the music biz and the people connected with Rock & Roll. My dad was a founder of I.R.S. records, and I spent most of my childhood around talented junkies......Iggy, John Cale, Lou Reed, The Ramones, .....I was just at the Siouxsie Sioux show at Irving Plaza on Saturday night (although she's no junkie)

    However, my original point in this thread, before all this drug talk was that the Grammy's are irrelevant. They have proved this over and over again. So what does it possibly matter what Natalie Cole thinks, or whether or not Amy "deserved" the awards.....It's all bullshit. The only things that matter are the $$$. It's a business.

    And while I like to use drugs and do so, anyone who is a junkie really isn't giving a big old "fuck you" to the world and to authority. The are giving a "fuck you" to themselves. Addicts ain't happy, and up close it's a vile existence, no matter how people romanticize it.

    I like Amy, she's talented. But I think she's not long for this world.

    And please don't use those Motley Crue poseurs in the same sentence as Keith . They aren't fit to lick his balls.
    Keith might argue that point .. he'd probably let him lick his balls if he were high enough. I mean, didn't he snort his DAD??
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  11. #101
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Keith might argue that point .. he'd probably let him lick his balls if he were high enough. I mean, didn't he snort his DAD??

    ok, you've got me there



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  12. #102
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    being a junkie/addict doesn't make you an evil person - it just means you're dealing with some fucking demons. my brother's wife just had a baby that tested positive for drugs, once CPS became involved, the mother left the hospital - abandoning the baby, my brother will take custody of the child even though it is believed that it isn't his. Believe it or not, the childs mother isn't the devil, she's a good person with a bad fucking habit. A habit that led to her turning her back on her children (this one is her 3rd - my brother already has the other 2) - as a mother, I can't imagine what kind of hold something would have to have on me that I would leave my baby...
    that's an awful thing. poor baby.

    That relates back to my point that junkies aren't giving authority and the world a big "fuck you". In this sad case, this little baby is the one that got a "fuck you"

    It's vile, and no one should romanticize it.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  13. #103
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    that's an awful thing. poor baby.

    That relates back to my point that junkies aren't giving authority and the world a big "fuck you". In this sad case, this little baby is the one that got a "fuck you"

    It's vile, and no one should romanticize it.
    It's completely vile. Vile for the baby, that baby's brother & sister who have to wonder where the mother & their new sister is, vile for the 16 year old kid I met 10 years ago when she started dating my brother, vile for my brother who married his little sweetheart and is now raising their children without her. I used to hate her for it - now, I hate it for her. The bright side, I guess is that the baby is somehow normal and has passed all her little tests. I don't know how, baby's are more resilient than we give them credit for being, I guess.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  14. #104
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,884

    Default

    I'm not romanticising addicts or drug users, I'm just saying I'm inclined to like them better than the Pollyanna's out there.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  15. #105
    Silver Member GawsipRawksz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I mean, didn't he snort his DAD??
    i hope DAD stands for some type of drug

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 11th, 2008, 12:54 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 27th, 2008, 04:05 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 9th, 2008, 11:24 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: December 6th, 2007, 09:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •