Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie Cole: Amy Winehouse's Grammy wins send a 'bad message'

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Elite Member

I think what Natalie meant was, "the grammy should have gone to an American Junkie, not an English one".

nat dear, return ANY money you made during your high days. bitch
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyMoon View Post
    I think what Natalie meant was, "the grammy should have gone to an American Junkie, not an English one".

Amy never let little nearly kids drown.

Cole continued to spiral out of control - including one incident where she refused to evacuate a burning building, and another where her young son Robert nearly drowned in the family swimming pool while she and her first husband, the late Reverend Marvin Yancy, were on a drug binge.

Nor did she win awards for music that was originally conceived by her dead father.

Cole may be best remembered for her 1991 album, Unforgettable... with Love, featuring her own arrangements of her father's greatest hits. Ironically, during her early career, Cole was reluctant to capitalize on her father's name, and wanted to forge her own identity by going after the soul market in earnest. For many years, she also found the prospect of recording her late father's songs too painful on a personal level.
    Her decision to record the songs was a chart success; the album sold over 7 million copies in the United States alone, and won Cole several Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year, Record of the Year, and Best Traditional Pop Vocal Performance. The album featured a duet, the title track, with her father, created by splicing a recording of his vocals into the track. As a single, it reached #14 on Billboard Magazine's Hot 100 chart, and went gold.

"Unforgettable" is a popularsong written by Irving Gordon. The song was published in 1951.The most popular version of the song was recorded by Nat King Cole in 1951, with the famous arrangement written by Nelson Riddle. Forty years later, after his death, the recording was edited to create a duet with his daughter, Natalie, which won three awards at the Grammy Awards of 1992: Song of the Year, Record of the Year and Best Traditional Pop Vocal Performance.

Just saying.

^ Good post. Natalie Cole's just another disgruntled hypocrite.

What's not earned about Amy's awards???

She is a great singer, she writes all her own songs (unlike NC, Beyonce or Rhianna) and she has genuine talent and hands-down the best album of the year.

Why can't people just congratulate her on a job well done and leave it at that instead of trying to rain on her parade.
    vaya con dios

Quote Originally Posted by maxeythecat View Post

Oh, yeah....like these silcone laden cows can write their own material, sing live without um "enhancement" or even make one MOVE without a carload of tapeloops, backup singers, makeup artists, songwriters, hairdressers, managers, illusionists, publicists feeding fake accolades about non existent talent to the press and to hide THEIR various drug enhanced peccadillos and
    nasty, unsavoury little dalliances....the perfect examples we need to show up and comers about what it takes to make it in the biz. Who needs genuine talent anymore when you've got all that sort of help to make it, right? All ya gotta do is to know which dicks to suck, who's face to fuck and a boatload of plastic surgery and yer on yer way.

I don't condone Winehouse's personal habits by any means, but what I do support is the fact that she's exactly the sort of talent that should be the majority in the music business today. People like Beyonce, Rhianna, Brit Brit, Jessica and every fucking Boy band that ever existed have done more damage to the credibility and artistry of music than anyone possibly could imagine....sorry, but mp3s and illegal downs are not the culprit when it comes to the ills of the record companies...they've destroyed their own livelihoods by shoving these horrendous "performers" down our throats and expecting us to blindly abide by whatever they see fit to produce. Now, when a real artist manages to slip thru the cracks you've got idiotic crack-head has-beens like Natalie Cole preaching about who does and does not deserve success.....um, look in the mirror, Nat...your idea of "artistry" is relying on the talents of your own dead father for a hit single. Tell me again what you think about what constitutes real talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissVenus View Post
    What's not earned about Amy's awards???

She is a great singer, she writes all her own songs (unlike NC, Beyonce or Rhianna) and she has genuine talent and hands-down the best album of the year.

Why can't people just congratulate her on a job well done and leave it at that instead of trying to rain on her parade.

I'm not a Beyonce fan, but I had to stop you right there. lol Beyonce ALWAYS sings live, and more or less always sounds like the original track. When she was younger in a girl group with her cousins (and friends) her father used to make them run while singing, which is why she sounds so good in her performances. Rihanna also sings live, from what I've seen. And yes, Beyonce WRITES ALL OF HER MUSIC.

OMG Smoky what have you done to me

Every fucking boy band that ever existed? Thats a bit of stretch right? The Beatles, the Jackson 5, New Edition, heck even Hanson (who played their own instruments, for example) are mucho talented and don't deserve to be shunned as 'damage' and credibility the music industry has. In fact, the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    I'm not a Beyonce fan, but I had to stop you right there. lol Beyonce ALWAYS sings live, and more or less always sounds like the original track. When she was younger in a girl group with her cousins (and friends) her father used to make them run while singing, which is why she sounds so good in her performances. Rihanna also sings live, from what I've seen. And yes, Beyonce WRITES ALL OF HER MUSIC.

i was ready to go to bed when i saw this. i wish i had more time, but she's been 'caught' not writing some of her songs. here's a link. there's more, i'll look again tomorrow. FOXNews.com - Beyonce Takes Credit for 'Writing' Songs - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment
    also there are a ton of stories out there that tell about her lip synching. good nite, i'm so tired!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

True dat. Just one example: Ne-Yo wrote Irreplaceable

Silver Member

Did she not have a drug problem?

Gold Member

Go snort another line biatch. Amys vocal blow hers out the water. Natalie is just bitter, she's a fycking cokehead.

Every fucking boy band that ever existed? Thats a bit of stretch right? The Beatles, the Jackson 5, New Edition, heck even Hanson (who played their own instruments, for example) are mucho talented and don't deserve to be shunned as 'damage' and credibility the music industry has. In fact, the exact opposite.
    When I refer to Boy bands, I'm talking about the MANUFACTURED ones...the New Kids on the Block, Take That, N'Sync and all the other ones that were slapped together by some pathetic overweight pedophile hustler looking for a quick buck on the backs of a bunch of naive, marginally talented teenyboppers working for slave wages. The Beatles were NOT a manufactured band my darling...they not only got together on their own, they booked their own gigs (in the earliest days, that is), they wrote their own songs, played and sang LIVE and played their own instruments without an entire warehouse of help...in short, they actually CREATED something without any cheats and bullshit....please tell me which member of New Edition or Backstreet Boys can claim that? As for Beyonce, I'm glad to hear she can actually sing, but I'm sorry...I find the songwriting claim a bit dubious at best. I did a quick looksie round the 'net and needless to say for someone who claims to write her own stuff, she's got an awful lot of co-writers....warning sign right there.

OMG Smoky what have you done to me

Um, do we really want to get into a comparative analysis of Back to Black with Bootylicious?
    vaya con dios

"I don't think she should have won. I think it sends a bad message to our young people who are trying to get into this business, the ones who are trying to do it right and really trying to keep themselves together," said Cole, 58. "We have to stop rewarding bad behavior."
    Natalie is ALWAYS coming out to talk about other singers drug problems, especially if it's somebody more successful than she is. I remember she used to ramble on about Whitney's problems, and now she's moving onto Amy. It's like she forgets that she used to be a junkie herself.

And before she starts talking about who shouldn't have won a Grammy, she should think about all the Grammy awards she was rewarded with when she was pimping out her father.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information