Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie Cole: Amy Winehouse's Grammy wins send a 'bad message'

There's Beyonce's name again unfukwittable
    & not a single fuck was given...

Hit By Ban Bus!

i agree with natalie. that was my same reaction when i saw amy winning too many grammy's or just one. *rolling eyes*

It should have nothing to do with anything but talent. Which Amy has, despite her other issues.

If they used sobriety as a criteria for these awards, there wouldn't be any recipients. STFU you old sea hag.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    How exactly has she not earned her awards? She wrote and performed her music herself and she is certainly the best out of all the new artists, so WTF is NC talking about exactly?
    Thank you!

If these awards were based on the musicians' personal lives/addictions none of them would win.

(Like Raspberry and Crackho said. )

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    If they used sobriety as a criteria for these awards, there wouldn't be any recipients. STFU you old sea hag.
    Ha, exactly. Plus, it's not like Amy showed up all fucked up and stumbling around. She looked cleaner than I've seen her in ages, she gave a nice performance, and she was very humble and gracious about winning.

No matter what her personal problems are, she won the awards based on her talent, and Natalie Cole should be smacked for disrespecting her that way.

Hit By Ban Bus!

J-E-A-L-O-U-S much?

I do have to say, though, that Natalie Cole looks a great deal younger than 58.

I'm not old enough to know who Natalie Cole is so can someone give me some info on her?. As for praising Alien Head and arm-pit flasher [Rihanna & Beyoncé] haha!! they are as manufactured as they get!!

Amy performed sober which had to have taken so much courage for her.

She was amazing!

^She's the daughter of singer Nat King Cole, but if you're too young to remember Natalie, you probably wouldn't remember him either.

Here's her wiki page, unreliable as it may be...there's a nice section about her drug problems though.

Natalie Cole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ cheers!

Natalie Cole took a dim view of Amy Winehouse's awards sweep at the Grammy ceremony earlier in the evening:

"I don't think she should have won. I think it sends a bad message to our young people who are trying to get into this business, the ones who are trying to do it right and really trying to keep themselves together," said Cole, 58. "We have to stop rewarding bad behavior."
    Bad behaviour??? Look who the fuck is talking about bad behaviour??? This insipid opportunistic cow should do some serious eating of words at that statement...d'you think she was'nt cracked outta her mind when SHE had her first big success? Uh, YEAH....and this was by her OWN admission!

On the seriousness of Winehouse's troubles, Cole observes, "I'm sorry. I think the girl is talented, gifted, but it's not right for her to be able to have her cake and eat it too. She needs to get herself together. I mean, she could die. This isn't something that's cute and fun just to throw around in the press. The girl really has a problem, and I think for those of us who have been in the business long enough, we know the sacrifice it takes. This is about discipline and hard work, and you don't get to just do your drugs and go onstage and get rewarded."
    Again, who the fuck made YOU moralist of the year? One should'nt go round throwing stones around one's own glass house, dearest.

Regarding her performance and summation of her talent:
    "Her performance was fine.....I don't take anything away from her talent, but I just feel like she's stepping into a place that she hasn't earned yet."
    Has'nt earned it yet??? Are you fucking kidding?? That's about as hypocritical as you can get, lady....you won YOUR first grammys at the same stage of YOUR career ripped to the tits on pretty much the same chemicals as Amy...if this is the way you feel, then do the right thing and give back your awards, ya has-been.

As for whom Cole would have lavished with Grammy gold, the singer replied, "Rihanna, even Beyoncé. "I just feel like they're ready to go the long haul. You can tell how hard they work, they're great people, their heart is in the right place. These are the people we should be praising, these are the people we should be encouraging."
    Oh, yeah....like these silcone laden cows can write their own material, sing live without um "enhancement" or even make one MOVE without a carload of tapeloops, backup singers, makeup artists, songwriters, hairdressers, managers, illusionists, publicists feeding fake accolades about non existent talent to the press and to hide THEIR various drug enhanced peccadillos and
    nasty, unsavoury little dalliances....the perfect examples we need to show up and comers about what it takes to make it in the biz. Who needs genuine talent anymore when you've got all that sort of help to make it, right? All ya gotta do is to know which dicks to suck, who's face to fuck and a boatload of plastic surgery and yer on yer way.

I don't condone Winehouse's personal habits by any means, but what I do support is the fact that she's exactly the sort of talent that should be the majority in the music business today. People like Beyonce, Rhianna, Brit Brit, Jessica and every fucking Boy band that ever existed have done more damage to the credibility and artistry of music than anyone possibly could imagine....sorry, but mp3s and illegal downs are not the culprit when it comes to the ills of the record companies...they've destroyed their own livelihoods by shoving these horrendous "performers" down our throats and expecting us to blindly abide by whatever they see fit to produce. Now, when a real artist manages to slip thru the cracks you've got idiotic crack-head has-beens like Natalie Cole preaching about who does and does not deserve success.....um, look in the mirror, Nat...your idea of "artistry" is relying on the talents of your own dead father for a hit single. Tell me again what you think about what constitutes real talent.

Natalie is just angry that no one pays any attention to her and she had to pimp her father to be successful.

This old, former dope fiend, should stop playing pot called the kettle and go into the studio. That might help her gain the attention and recognition she obviously craves.

Amy 100% deserved every damn Grammy she got.

Quote Originally Posted by maxeythecat View Post
    I don't condone Winehouse's personal habits by any means, but what I do support is the fact that she's exactly the sort of talent that should be the majority in the music business today. People like Beyonce, Rhianna, Brit Brit, Jessica and every fucking Boy band that ever existed have done more damage to the credibility and artistry of music than anyone possibly could imagine....sorry, but mp3s and illegal downs are not the culprit when it comes to the ills of the record companies...they've destroyed their own livelihoods by shoving these horrendous "performers" down our throats and expecting us to blindly abide by whatever they see fit to produce. Now, when a real artist manages to slip thru the cracks you've got idiotic crack-head has-beens like Natalie Cole preaching about who does and does not deserve success.....um, look in the mirror, Nat...your idea of "artistry" is relying on the talents of your own dead father for a hit single. Tell me again what you think about what constitutes real talent.
    All so true!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information