Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Motley Crue Is Retiring

Lol, I saw G& R play a club in Brooklyn, L'amour. I saw everyone there on their way up.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Where's Jade?? She's going to be heartbroken.

I'm not a glam rock, hard rock, heavy metal kind of girl, but I saw Motley Crue in concert several years ago. They're actually pretty good.
    Yeah. I went to see them and KISS on the Monster tour last year. Despite the age, and the fact that Vince's voice is fucked, they still put on a good show. Yeah, it's a bloated slightly underwhelming version of the show they used to put on at their peak, but its still better than the majority of bands out there.

If I have a job by the time their farewell tour (assuming it's global) makes it down under I'm going.
    JadeStar70 likes this.

Anyone that is a fan of the band has to admit Vince's voice is shot, AND he drops words from the songs!! That drives me nuts! How can he not remember the words if I can?!? But, they have such great energy and do give you one hell of a show.

I felt my youngest girl was to young to go last time....so I am happy she is going with us this last time.

He has been doing the whole let the crowd sing most of the song thing for many years now. I'm not even sure it is his voice that is shot or if he is just so horribly out of shape that he can't breathe enough to get the words out. Nikki and Tommy are great and hell so is Mick even with what his body is going through.
    JWL likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I agree, Chick!!

I listened to the press conference at home last night, and they said it may be 2 years of touring before they are totally kaput. But it sounds like 2014 is a tour in the states, and 2015 is world wide.

I haven't listened to them since Dr Feelgood came out, but I do give them credit for being the band that introduced me to metal - a sort of gateway band for me. I have everything that Sixx:AM has released, and I love Nikki's books. (He was actually my inspiration for taking up photography). But yea, I think this announcement is a good thing. They're leaving a tremendous legacy behind and I think Nikki has better irons in the fire. Poor Mick's a trooper but needs to retire and the other two barely register on my 'give-a-fuck' meter.
    [On Terry Richardson] "Dude is like a human version of a white, windowless van...." ~ Michael K.

I never laughed so hard in my life as when someone YEARS ago on this site or maybe one of the long-defunct gossip sites mentioned Mick Mars' condition, and that he looked like one of those "dried apple people." I had to google that:

Going to hell, I am indeed!
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Got my tickets yesterday for the Hollywood Bowl date.

I might enlist the help of my stylist to get my hair sprayed to proper hair-metal heights for the occasion.

Vince Neil better bust his ass getting in shape *and* work on his voice to gimme a good show.
    gas_chick likes this.

You're going to need to go old school. Aqua net!

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

JWL

Aqua Net and an air gun!

Geebus in that pic above their tombstones, Lee and Mars actually look like they've risen from the dead! ps - The Dirt was a great read I only read it two weeks ago.

Got my tickets, too. Didn't get the seats I wanted, but we have a group of 10 going...so it was a bitch to find that big of a section together. The concert sold out here FAST!!! I am happy to just be going. It will be a blast!

The Dirt is a good book. You should read The Heroin Diaries. It is good, too.
    sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Got my tickets, too. Didn't get the seats I wanted, but we have a group of 10 going...so it was a bitch to find that big of a section together. The concert sold out here FAST!!! I am happy to just be going. It will be a blast!

The Dirt is a good book. You should read The Heroin Diaries. It is good, too.
    thanks for the heads up. just purchased a copy from ebay. hope it's as good as the dirt!!

It is more of the story inside Nikki's head during the years, and his battles with his addiction to heroin and everything else under the sun. It is sad how low a person sinks with addiction and scary realizing all a person goes through. It is really amazing this guy even lived. I'm glad he cleaned up years ago and hope he keeps winning the daily fight.

Poor Mick looks 90 years old.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information