Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81

Thread: 'Motherhood has never been my ambition,' says Renee Zellweger

  1. #31
    Elite Member LaFolie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    floating...
    Posts
    6,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    I'm sorry that some of us desire more in life than to be barren, cold career women. It's incredibly rewarding to raise children to be upstanding invididials who will contribute towards society. And it's not like you can't work and have kids. The shock Some of us just know what really matters in life - and that's family. Maybe you'll block out the feminazi propaganda you were fed and figure it out someday.

    You're so judgmental!!
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

  2. #32
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19,837

    Default

    Good for her! It's better not to follow the trend, or give in to
    expectations, than to do like most others and do as badly at
    parenthood as an alarming number of those others.

    Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    I'm sorry that some of us desire more in life than to be barren, cold career women. It's incredibly rewarding to raise children to be upstanding invididials who will contribute towards society. And it's not like you can't work and have kids. The shock Some of us just know what really matters in life - and that's family. Maybe you'll block out the feminazi propaganda you were fed and figure it out someday.
    Holy crap! Uhm, the term "family" does not limit itself to offspring!
    I would rather have seen that MANY people who have procreated,
    had been barren instead, the way they FAIL to raise their kids to
    become "upstanding, contributing" members of society!
    This message is coming to you from a MOTHER.
    Last edited by HWBL; April 5th, 2008 at 06:34 PM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  3. #33
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,716

    Default

    I'm a mother too but I don't consider it to be the sole purpose of my existance. I wish a lot more women would refrain from breeding having seen the utterly crap job so many of them do whether they are 'cold career women' or SAHMs. If you raise great kids, good for you. If you decide against having them at all, good for you. If having children really is the ultimate achievement then the rest of your life must be pretty shallow and unfilfilled.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  4. #34
    Elite Member january's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I'm a mother too but I don't consider it to be the sole purpose of my existance. I wish a lot more women would refrain from breeding having seen the utterly crap job so many of them do whether they are 'cold career women' or SAHMs. If you raise great kids, good for you. If you decide against having them at all, good for you. If having children really is the ultimate achievement then the rest of your life must be pretty shallow and unfilfilled.
    Preach on! I love my husband to death and I have no desire to have kids. If that makes me a "cold, barren career woman" than so be it. At least I am happy with my life choices! My definition of "family" extends far beyond just children, I have a great family life - the fact that some women feel the need to put other women down who choose different life paths then them, to me shows their own insecurities in their own life choices. I don't give a shit what you do, I respect mothers who raise great kids, I respect working women, I respect women who are out there getting an education and doing their own thing....why should it bother someone else if someone decides not to have children? If they don't want them, thats a good thing that they are being responsible and not reproducing.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

  5. #35
    Elite Member LaFolie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    floating...
    Posts
    6,402

    Default

    Are you sure you're replying to the right person, January?
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

  6. #36
    Elite Member january's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,255

    Default

    Yeah, I was saying that A*O was absolutely correct in what she was saying, maybe I just didn't make sense because I am so tired
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

  7. #37
    Elite Member LaFolie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    floating...
    Posts
    6,402

    Default

    Oh, ok, I thought you were attacking her because you'd mistaken her for Purple Rain!
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

  8. #38
    Elite Member WhateverLolaWants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13,660

    Default

    I like sharing my kids with my friends who don't want children of their own. We're one big happy family. I have total respect for people who know themselves well enough to know they don't want kids. Some people have them because they feel they are expected to and then they and the children are miserable
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

  9. #39
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    You're so judgmental!!
    Really, and this poster isn't?

    It's never been an ambition of mine either. It always annoys me when someone primary ambition is to get married and have babies. talk about setting low goals.
    Honestly, I followed the path society tells us to. I got good grades in school, went to a great university, and got a great paying job. But corporate life just left me so unfufilled. I am so much happier in life now that I am a mother to my children, and doing what I am really passionate about - working for a charitable organization.

    I just hate all these women who look down on women whose first priority is their children. I had a childless professor in college become outraged after reading an article stating that many women attending elite universities only plan to work until they get married and have children. And I got that same kind of snide attitude from jive. Women aren't failures in life if they choose to balance career and children, or even forego having a career to take care of their children. Women who look down on stay-at-home mothers are the real judgemental snobs.

    And I could care less what any poster's reasons for remaining childless and barren are. I could care less what other people do with their lives. I'm just sick of all of the childless women flocking to every topic about a celeb who doesn't want kids in order to bash mothers. No one is judging them. They are the ones who seem to be going out of their way to justify their lifestyle choices.

  10. #40
    Elite Member january's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,255

    Default

    So why then would you say its "feminazi propoganda" to not want children? Or feel like family isn't important to the childless woman? That indicates that you feel like women who remain childless are brainwashed.

    I totally agree with you on your points that mothers should not be judged. I think its a worthwhile and noble job to be a mother, and one of the hardest. But you seem to be doing much judging yourself, I would think that much would be obvious if you just skim through your own post.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

  11. #41
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,716

    Default

    Using emotive words like "barren" doesn't help your argument either. You strongly imply that you think women who choose not to have kids for whatever reason are not fulfilling their destiny somehow. Just because God gave us a uterus doesn't mean we have to use it.

    And some of the WORST mothers I know are those who had kids because it was kinda expected of them and then decided to go back to a fulltime career.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  12. #42
    Elite Member ManxMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lemuria
    Posts
    7,662

    Default

    Purple Rain sounds either defensive as hell or rather trolly....I mean come on, continuing to use the word "barren" while claiming not to care if other women don't have kids....using the word "feminazi"....yeah, you're being deliberately insulting and provocative. Just because we agree with the stance that a woman shouldn't go along with society's impetus to have children if she doesn't want to, doesn't mean we're judging your life. Get over yourself.

  13. #43
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    I also think that just because purple rain met two women who may have been somewhat skewed in their perceptions of motherhood, that is no reason to assume all women who don't want children think that way. I know I don't. Lots of my friends have kids, some don't, I don't, and frankly, it doesn't matter one iota to me or them. It's about personal choice, period.

  14. #44
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    Really, and this poster isn't?



    Honestly, I followed the path society tells us to. I got good grades in school, went to a great university, and got a great paying job. But corporate life just left me so unfufilled. I am so much happier in life now that I am a mother to my children, and doing what I am really passionate about - working for a charitable organization.

    I just hate all these women who look down on women whose first priority is their children. I had a childless professor in college become outraged after reading an article stating that many women attending elite universities only plan to work until they get married and have children. And I got that same kind of snide attitude from jive. Women aren't failures in life if they choose to balance career and children, or even forego having a career to take care of their children. Women who look down on stay-at-home mothers are the real judgemental snobs.

    And I could care less what any poster's reasons for remaining childless and barren are. I could care less what other people do with their lives. I'm just sick of all of the childless women flocking to every topic about a celeb who doesn't want kids in order to bash mothers. No one is judging them. They are the ones who seem to be going out of their way to justify their lifestyle choices.
    Enlighten me, how does someone choose to be barren?
    Isn't that a term we use for women who are unable to conceive, not because they choose to remain childless?
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  15. #45
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,801

    Default

    I'm just stunned that someone out there still seriously uses the word "barren."
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Renee Zellweger at the Oscars
    By angelais in forum Just Plain Scary
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: April 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM
  2. Renee Zellweger
    By mrs.v in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2008, 11:30 PM
  3. Renée Zellweger is happy and she knows it
    By Honey in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: March 24th, 2008, 01:37 PM
  4. Renee Zellweger: 'I didn't sleep for four years'
    By Honey in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 13th, 2007, 05:48 PM
  5. Renee Zellweger 'lucky to be alive'
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 13th, 2006, 03:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •