Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: More revelations from Britney Spears' Rolling Stone article

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I don't buy the "Lynne pushed her into becoming a child star" bit. I think Britney desperately wanted to be a star, she craved the spotlight and attention herself, it wasn't pushed on her. Even in videos of her performing as a child, you can see her face damn near lit up and she was ALIVE when she was on stage, she loved it. Lynne's mistake was allowing her to pursue stardom and exploiting that without making sure her other emotional needs were met. Lynne dropped the parenting ball big time there. Now Britney probably equates public attention with love and acceptance. Both she and her mother are fucked up.
    Ok, she might have been a little girl who loved to perform, and loved the attention, but she had no concept of what being a "star" meant. Just because your kid wants something, doesn't mean they should have it, with no boundaries.

And there's no doubt in my mind that Lynne pushed Jamie Lynn to follow in Britney's footsteps, whether she wanted it or not. Obviously that ain't workin' out so well either.

Well, both girls payed her back.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    oh my god.

thanks for the link. some of these pics bring back memories...
    She was, at one point, just cuter than a puppy dog. Short hair works on her. Cute in a "sop her up with a biscuit" sort of way. Then it seems she wanted to get "edgier" ala Xtina and it just got interpreted as trashy. She could never go back to the cute, innocent phase if she wanted to. And that was what she represented. I remember my 40-something year old Air Force sergeant had her "Oops" poster taped to his bunk in Kuwait. I thought it was beyond gross. Imagine all those creepy old men lusting over you. No wonder the innocent thing didn't last. I at least give her credit for trying to stop the illusion.

God know my 20's were full of "who the hell am I, really" angst. I can't imagine having millions of dollars at my disposal, the world clamoring for pics of my every move (and kind of loving the attention), and no one around to keep me grounded. I would have turned to drugs, shaved my head and gone bananas, too. Authenticity don't come easy.

^^ I 100% agree with everything ou said!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I don't buy the "Lynne pushed her into becoming a child star" bit. I think Britney desperately wanted to be a star, she craved the spotlight and attention herself, it wasn't pushed on her. Even in videos of her performing as a child, you can see her face damn near lit up and she was ALIVE when she was on stage, she loved it. Lynne's mistake was allowing her to pursue stardom and exploiting that without making sure her other emotional needs were met. Lynne dropped the parenting ball big time there. Now Britney probably equates public attention with love and acceptance. Both she and her mother are fucked up.
    I agree 100%.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Human beings = lemmings.
    Hey, let's not insult the lemmings. They were actually forced off that cliff!

I read the article. It was pretty much a rehash of what I've heard before. But K-Fed's nickname is "Meat Pole?" That confirms a few rumors about him.

Did anyone else get a obituary feel from that picture timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpig View Post
    Did anyone else get a obituary feel from that picture timeline?
    I did.. I thought hmmm, sometime we'll see this on all the tv stations.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    i agree.
    "Spears with Mick Jagger at the MTV Video Music Awards on September 6, 2001 in New York. Spears covered the Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction" on Oops! ... I Did It Again, but when she once found herself in an elevator with Jagger, she didn't know who he was. Spears made a similar gaffe while promoting Britney in 2002, telling a reporter she covered "I Love Rock 'n Roll" because she loved Pat Benatar.

oh my god.

thanks for the link. some of these pics bring back memories...

this one is so cute:

You know, I never took that much notice of her... but these photos... I find them quite disturbing as I can't see that they are of the same person.

Oh, & the above just confirms that her "people" didn't brief her properly before sending her out to the press!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information