Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: More revelations from Britney Spears' Rolling Stone article

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Is it out now? Or do we have to wait?
    I'm not sure when it comes out exactly...anyone have any ideas??
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Sounds like next month's issue...wait, the date near the masthead says Feb 21.

Bronze Member

in that blender article she actually sounds intelligent. right around that time, where she broke up with justin and in the zone was coming out, was when i think she started to lose her mind. you can see little signs of it everywhere. but i think it could have been channeled into artistic expression, like, if she had been able to do what she wanted in her everytime video or on her albums. i think it's highly likely she worked really hard on her career (songs, dancing, touring) and she had a lot of ideas but she was so tightly controlled that she got fed up by not being able to make her own decisions about her music that she tired of it altogether. which is what happened to her motivation and ultimately her career.

one sad thing to come out of this rs article is that she equates being sexy/slutty with being grownup.

oh shit - that Rolling Stone article is 10 pgs, they just said on Access Hollywood.

If the masthead date says Feb. 21, I say it might leak in its entirety by next week. Or at least I hope so.

Silver Member

Well if it's the Feb. issue. I think it should be out now. But I don't know as I don't read Rolling Stone. But you might check at the store to see if it's in

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    oh shit - that Rolling Stone article is 10 pgs, they just said on Access Hollywood.
    Whoa, thats alot of attention for her. I bet shes thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    It doesn't sound like the ideal childhood, but I've known people with way worse than that.

You got that right, kids never knew their parents, kids abandoned and a ward of the state, kids born addicted to drugs, etc. etc. etc.

^Exactly. Her Mum pushed her to make shitload of money - poor thing.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Sure lots of people have shitty childhoods and lots of people react to them differently. The thing with Britters is that her entire childhood was played out for the benefit of the press so every time she makes a mis-step it's recorded for all the world to see and then judged accordingly. She hasn't the skills to deal with anything, it appears. I'm still feeling sorry for the girl because I do think she's crackers.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I think I might have to go to my local bookstore and order a starbucks drink. While I enjoy reading the 10 page article.

*** I still think she is responsible for her own happiness. She is old enough now, where she has the resouces to really get good professional help. That some people in the world get afford.

Really. I bet half the people here have childhood stories that would curl your toes, and way worse than "I worked 20 hour days for 3 days straight."
    Hey, I did that last week! Where's my millions in exchange for it?

The thing with Britters is that her entire childhood was played out for the benefit of the press so every time she makes a mis-step it's recorded for all the world to see and then judged accordingly.
    Bullshit. People please keep repeating this: SHE WAS SEVENTEEN WHEN "BABY ONE MORE TIME" CAME OUT AND SHE GOT FAMOUS. Quit rewriting history to turn her into someone like Ron Howard or Shirley Temple who were national stars before they started first grade.

And we don't see Ron out every night running from gas station to gas station acting like a fuckwad.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Bullshit. People please keep repeating this: SHE WAS SEVENTEEN WHEN "BABY ONE MORE TIME" CAME OUT AND SHE GOT FAMOUS. Quit rewriting history to turn her into someone like Ron Howard or Shirley Temple who were national stars before they started first grade.
    Erm, I'm not rewriting history. She has been onstage more or less since she was four years old. She may have been under teh radar for alot of people but she was working. Mickey Mouse Club, New York stage, etc.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^^ I agree with Butt. Before she hit it big with One More Time, Lynne had dragged her from mall to mall for years. Even in between MMC and her first hit single, when she supposedly "went to school like a regular girl" in Kentwood, Lynne would make her do one performance after the next on weekends.

Already back then her parents earned money with her. If that isn't pressure then what is?

From the Blender article:

Her survival mechanism has been to build a hard exoskeleton. She admits she has a trick of retreating into herself. She has, she says, “a really good way of escaping in my head. I’ve always done that. Otherwise I’d go freakin’ crazy.”

I once read that children who get raped do that during the act. This escapist behavior can lead to mental illness, namely schizophrenia. It's called dissociative disorder.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information