Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Monica Lewinsky Considered Suicide and 4 Other Revelations

She would have made more money if she'd sold purses (or dresses for that matter) with "designs" on them.

I agree with everyone that has stated she thought (and probably still thinks) it was twu wuv. Big dummy.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I believe she thought it was true love too. She was young and very stupid. Plus he is so charming and had led on better, more intelligent and mature, women too. He sent her gifts so I'm sure she assumed she mattered to him. Remember the one who had all the plastic surgery, probably paid for by the Republicans. This article from last summer is pretty funny.

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/23/the_..._are_they_now/
    Tuesday, Jul 23, 2013 06:54 PM EDT
    The Monica Lewinsky scandal: Where are they now?

15 years later, the former White House intern turns 40 -- what are the other players up to now?
    Prachi Gupta

Prepare to feel old: Monica Lewinsky, the White House intern with whom Bill Clinton had an affair in 1998, turns 40 today. The scandal, which landed Clinton in an impeachment trial, forever changed the course for several members of his administration. Fifteen years later, some have moved on, some are still trying to move on, and some have passed on.

Paula Jones
    Life after the Clinton trial was not good for Ms. Jones, whose original sexual harassment lawsuit first set in motion the chain of events that led to his impeachment trial. The trial left the Arkansas state employee buried under legal fees and a damaged marriage. She posed nude for Penthouse magazine in 2000 and had a “Celebrity Boxing” match with Tonya Harding a few years later, but has led a relatively quiet life since then. According to the Arkansas Times, Jones — who has remarried — is “a quiet suburban mom with a job in a medical office.”

Monica Lewinsky
    After a scandal that left her known for “something that isn’t great to be well-known for,” the 25-year-old intern entered upon an apology tour with an interview with Barbara Walters and a biography. She then attempted a series of careers, including being a handbag designer in New York City, hosting a reality TV show, and getting a master’s degree in social psychology from the London School of Economics.

At 40, however, Lewinsky keeps a much lower profile. She is rumored to be shopping around a $12 million dollar book deal, but continues to decline interviews with media outlets.

Ken Starr
    Ken Starr, whose investigation of Clinton led to the former president’s impeachment by the House (though he was later acquitted by the Senate) also authored the infamous “Starr Report,” but has since moved on from the public realm for academic and private client work. In 2004, he became dean of Pepperdine University’s Law School and now serves as the 14th president of Baylor University in Texas.

Betty Currie
    As Clinton’s personal secretary, Currie was one of four people called to testify during his impeachment trial. Though she maintained that she was unsure of the extent of Clinton’s relationship with Lewinsky, she organized meetings between the two and delivered gifts sent from Clinton to Lewinsky. She’s kept a low profile since, however, surfacing briefly in D.C. in 2008 to help President Obama transition into office. Currie now lives in Maryland and serves on the Alcohol Beverage Board in St. Mary’s County.

Socks the cat
    Though not directly involved in the scandal, Socks, Chelsea Clinton’s cat, undoubtedly offered the Clintons some comfort during the trial. Sadly, Socks was euthanized in 2009 after a tough battle with cancer. He lived out his last days with Betty Currie.

Linda Tripp
    Tripp, Lewinsky’s friend and co-worker at the Pentagon who surreptitiously recorded phone calls with Lewinsky, lost her job on the last day of Clinton’s term. Now 63, Tripp is married to her childhood boyfriend, Dieter Rausch, and the two run a novelty gift shop called the Christmas Sleigh in Middleburg, Va.

Cheryl Mills
    Mills, who served as the deputy White House Counsel for Clinton and defended the former president throughout his impeachment trial, remains fiercely loyal to the family. Recently named one of 50 Politicos to Watch by Politico, Mills served as Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s Chief of Staff.

Bill Clinton
    With his impeachment long behind him, and his wife taking over the political reins, the former president now spends his time on Twitter, calling Justin Bieber, and regretting signing DOMA into law.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I did something like this when I was 19. Had a "thing" with a VP of the insurance company I was with - he was lovely to look at and great in bed. We actually spent a lot of time together and I was really hooked. You just don't think very far ahead sometimes when you're that age, and he was probably flattered that someone my age would be attracted to someone his age (35). It ended when he took a promotion with another company across the state. I had no illusions of being Mrs anybody, and was basically having a lot of fun, even though I knew I wasn't supposed to be doing it. And it didn't hurt that he was in a position of authority; it was part of the attraction.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Then there's Gennifer Flowers who has her own website promoting herself where some claims to fame include:

-Gennifer's name appears on the Internet over one million times. She was the #1 most Googled name in July 2008.

-Her first appearance on CNN's Larry King Live in the mid-1990s was the highest rated episode of King's show up to that point.

-Her appearance on Spain's De pe a pa show was the second highest rated shown the program's history, topped only by an appearance by former dictator Augusto Pinochet

-Gennifer's two-hour special on Milan's Stirpe Real show, broadcast on Italy's #1 private network, was the highest rated episode on the series.

-Gennifer's appearance on the Frank Skinner Christmas Show on Britain's BBC1 received an astounding 39.6 audience share.

-When she was interviewed for CNN's Hardball with Chris Matthews, she tripled the ratings, prompting the show's producers to re-air the episode an unprecedented 15 times in one week.

Gennifer Flowers Official Site

She just fails to mention that the attention she received was for having an affair with Clinton, not because of her talent.
    rollo likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Socks the cat
    Though not directly involved in the scandal, Socks, Chelsea Clinton’s cat, undoubtedly offered the Clintons some comfort during the trial. Sadly, Socks was euthanized in 2009 after a tough battle with cancer. He lived out his last days with Betty Currie.
    Aw. RIP Socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I did something like this when I was 19. Had a "thing" with a VP of the insurance company I was with - he was lovely to look at and great in bed. We actually spent a lot of time together and I was really hooked. You just don't think very far ahead sometimes when you're that age, and he was probably flattered that someone my age would be attracted to someone his age (35). It ended when he took a promotion with another company across the state. I had no illusions of being Mrs anybody, and was basically having a lot of fun, even though I knew I wasn't supposed to be doing it. And it didn't hurt that he was in a position of authority; it was part of the attraction.
    You were way smarter than this twat.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    You just don't think very far ahead sometimes when you're that age
    this reminds me of an episode of oprah (shut up!) i saw about teenagers (13-15ish) who wanted to have a baby. the girl was like "we're going to be together forever". oprah asked the guy how long that was and he said "probably two years". the girl was shocked.
    sluce likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I was one of the many, many (shallow) women who after seeing Monica in the Barbara Walters interview, frantically searched online to find out what kind of makeup she was wearing. And it appeared a few days later that she was wearing Club Monaco and I called and they told me exactly what she was wearing and I actually bought the lipstick, liner and gloss. It really was nice.
    sluce and Jazzy like this.

I have never understood the scandal. Most Presidents fuck around. What has that to do with the jobdescription. It she were harassed or under-aged. But it was consensual and she was an adult.

Maybe she didn't swallow because of the calories?
    Brookie and *DIVA! like this.

Haven't you heard? Swallowing BURNS a million calories!
    sluce likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Haven't you heard? Swallowing BURNS a million calories!

I thought it went on the face for looking forever young

that's a choice you gotta make: burn calories or look younger...
    effie2 likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

The Body or Face dilemma. She obviously went for the face
    effie2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    I was one of the many, many (shallow) women who after seeing Monica in the Barbara Walters interview, frantically searched online to find out what kind of makeup she was wearing. And it appeared a few days later that she was wearing Club Monaco and I called and they told me exactly what she was wearing and I actually bought the lipstick, liner and gloss. It really was nice.
    I was probably the only dim bulb that actually bought The Tripp/Lewinsky Tapes. Yep on cassette, WTF was I thinking……..least you got to look pretty, all I got was a headache.
    Last edited by Jazzy; May 10th, 2014 at 12:01 PM.

I read the Ken Starr report... Always said that cigar must have been Cuban or she wasn't you know cause it didn't crumble
    Jazzy and sputnik like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Linda Tripp always gave me the creeps.
    Jazzy likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information