Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Monaco's Princess Charlene Is Pregnant

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I don't know for sure if these babies were IVF or not (and it certainly doesn't matter. it's a wonderful thing for people that it helps ), but I have fraternal twin siblings, and they were born long before IVF existed. it does happen.

I have no problem with it at all, I think it is wonderful that people with difficulty conceiving have more options now to have children.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    how do you know there were any left over?
    My BFF is a fertility doc. It is standard procedure as the retreival if eggs is such a laborious process and in case the pregancies doesn't succeed or the challenged couple/person wants future children especially if the mother is a little bit older.

It can cause a dilemna as they eventually ask you what to do with the additional embryos (if there are some). Most choose to destry tyem if they are finished having a family, some will donate them to infertile people.

czb

^^^ IF there were viable eggs left, then maybe they would freeze them. big IF.

not all fertility protocols produce a large number of eggs. quality vs quantity in some cases.
    sluce likes this.

They were desperate for a legitimate heir, they probably gave them a year tops to try on their own. I bet they've had multiple failed IVF's, these twins could be from frozen embryos.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I don't know for sure if these babies were IVF or not (and it certainly doesn't matter. it's a wonderful thing for people that it helps ), but I have fraternal twin siblings, and they were born long before IVF existed. it does happen.
    i have fraternal twin siblings too, boy and girl. and my mom's a twin with my uncle. what are the chances of that?
    but since we're speculating, i think it's pretty well known they've been trying and doing ivf for a while now. according to my friend, they already knew she'd have trouble getting pregnant even before they got married, and albert didn't care that much if they couldn't have a kid. and it makes sense if you think about it, if he really cared about his duty he'd have married any one of his many girlfriends decades ago.
    llamamama likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

^^^ actually, in your mom's case, it makes sense. the chance of having fraternal twins is hereditary on the mom's side.
    sputnik and Lalasnake like this.

A*O

Producing fraternal twins via IVF is relatively "easy". They just fertilise and implant two different embryos (having checked the genders first no doubt in this case). Identical twins happen when one egg "splits" in two which is much more difficult to do artificially.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Albert has kids already so I can see why he wouldn't care in a fatherly sense but in a hereditary sense, he would probably have gone for royal offspring one of these decades even if he was in his seventies. Still might happen.

^^^^
    i think what my friend meant was that ultimately if the throne went to caroline's oldest, he didn't see it as the end of the world.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Until the oldest married Tatiana de Santo Domingo,Albie detests her and Carolina,s hopes she will reform her junkie son by breeding non stop are proven false..So maybe Albie had to breed after all..

^^^
    fair point.
    effie2 likes this.

i know..lol my nephew saw him dragging his carcass late afternoon last week,he was looking bad.

^^^^
    i wonder if the santo domingo chick is as bad as andrea?
    snoopqueen likes this.

No,they say she is vegetarian,gym fanatic and clean living lover.There was rumor she was also super religious..

huh. she must really love being titled then because god knows she didn't need the money.

She doesnt,he does..her family was not happy..and if my friend EVER catches me spilling the beans she will never talk to me again..i innocently fish the info,she has no idea how i use SOME of it..
    ConstanceSpry and sluce like this.

Thread Information