Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Monaco's Princess Charlene Is Pregnant

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Monaco is a Principality, so no Kings and Queens, just (fake) princes and princesses. Aren't they descendants of pirates?
    The Grimaldis originated in Genoa. They were in maritime trade for generations, pirates probably.

ETA: They're actually not Grimaldis anymore. A few times thru their history there was no male heir and the females husband adopted the name.
    snoopqueen likes this.

A*O

Yes, total Eurotrash. If Prince (not king) Rainier and Onassis hadn't transformed Monaco into a tax haven for the mega rich and married Grace Kelly I suspect Monaco would have been absorbed into France a long time ago.
    Linne and snoopqueen like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I'll put my bet in that they are fraternal twins. If she had IVF and is having twins they are going to be fraternal.
    I win!!!
    snoopqueen and sluce like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Monaco is a Principality, so no Kings and Queens, just (fake) princes and princesses. Aren't they descendants of pirates?
    Aren't most royals the descendants of pirates and murderers? Killing, raping and pillaging is how most got their kingdoms.
    sluce and mostroop like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    The Grimaldis originated in Genoa. They were in maritime trade for generations, pirates probably.

ETA: They're actually not Grimaldis anymore. A few times thru their history there was no male heir and the females husband adopted the name.
    Prince Rainier's dad, Prince Pierre, Count of Polignac, had to do this when he married Rainier's mother Princess Charlotte.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

It's a boy AND a girl for Princess Charlene! Monaco royal gives birth to twins

• Princess Charlene, 36, gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl, this evening
    • Born at Princess Grace Hospital - named after their grandmother
    • Babies have been called Jacques and Gabriella
    • Jacques will be heir, in line with male priority of Monaco's succession law
    • Babies are the first Grimaldi twins born since the 13th century
    • 42 cannon shots rung around Monaco confirming their arrival

Published: 11:15 EST, 10 December 2014 | Updated: 20:37 EST, 10 December 2014

Princess Charlene of Monaco today gave to give birth to twins – a boy called Jacques and a girl called Gabriella.
    Gabriella was born first at 5.04pm, and Jacques at 5.06pm, but it is Jacques who will be the future Prince of Monaco, because of the Mediterranean principality's male inheritance laws.
    They are the first children for the 36-year-old former South African Olympic swimmer, who married Prince Albert II, 56, three years ago.

Birth: Charlene, who has given birth to twins, was last seen on the balcony of the Palais Princier last month

In hospital: Princess Charlene was admitted to this morning

Marking the arrival: Forty-two shots rang out to announce the birth of the twins

Ready for the first glimpse: Photographers gathered outside the Princess Grace Hospital - named after the twins' grandmother

Global event: The press gather after it was announced the princess gave birth this evening

He was by her side today, as the children were delivered at the Princess Grace Hospital, which is named after Albert's mother, the late Hollywood star, Grace Kelly.

Soon after 7.30pm, 42 cannon shots rung around Monaco, confirming that the babies had been born.
    Albert had arranged the 42 shots, in place of the 21 that would boom for a single baby.
    It was the first time Charlene has become a mother, while Albert is the father of at least two children considered 'illegitimate' by the House of Grimaldi.

They are Jazmin Grace Grimaldi, his 22-year-old daughter with a Californian woman, and Alexandre Coste, his 10-year-old son with a former flight attendant from Togo, in West African.
    DNA tests were used to confirm Albert's status as father in both cases, following protracted legal battles involving the billionaire royal.
    A palace source confirmed Jacques will be the Principality's future ruler, and inheritor of the tax-free fortune which goes with it.
    The babies are the first twins in the royal household, which dates back to the 13th Century.
    Heir: The baby boy and girl are the first children to be born to the couple - and the heirs to Monaco

Prince Albert made it clear that if a boy and girl were born, the boy would become the royal heir, in line with the male priority of Monaco's succession law.

Albert has admitted that he did not know the sex of the children before birth: 'It is one of the beautiful surprises that life offers us,' he said.
    Only one woman has ever reigned over Monaco, Princess Louise-Hippolyte, but she died months after assuming the throne in 1731.
    It was in 2002 that Monaco's Parliament was directed by the royal family to change its constitution to allow royal power to pass from a reigning prince with no descendants to his siblings - potentially Albert's two sisters.
    This would have ensured the continuation of the Grimaldi dynasty if Albert never produced a legitimate heir.
    It would also ensure that his other children did not stake a claim to the throne in future years.

They are awaited like the messiah ... Everyone is talking only about that.'
    'Two babies for the price of one. I think it's very good for the image,' added Adelaide de Clermont-Tonnerre, editor-in-chief of the celebrity weekly Point de Vue. 'With twins, there's always an extra interest.'
    The babies will be the first twins in the royal household, which was established in the 13th century, but they will not share the throne.

Had they both been of the same sex, the first one out would have taken the throne but because the Monégasque twins are a boy and a girl, the boy will automatically inherit.

It's a boy AND a girl for Princess Charlene! Monaco royal gives birth to twins | Daily Mail Online

So what if it was 2 girls?
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

If they had a boy in the future, it would still go to him. In the current scheme of things, Caroline is older than Albert, and Albert is the ruling monarch. If they have no sons, I think Albert has to just stick around for 150 years until one's born (or something).
    Nevan likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Silver Member

Turkey baster/IVF for sure but now what are they going to do about the rest of the frozen embryos...they always keep a few in the freezer.

czb

how do you know there were any left over?

I don't know for sure if these babies were IVF or not (and it certainly doesn't matter. it's a wonderful thing for people that it helps ), but I have fraternal twin siblings, and they were born long before IVF existed. it does happen.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

czb

^^^ yeah, but your parents probably actually had SEX. do you really think charlene does that walrus?

At the stage they were at in their marriage, I don't think that they were going to be given anymore time to let nature take its course (if they were even actually doing that). Sticking some already fertilized embryos in her increased their chances tremendously. That country was desperate for an heir!!

And I agree with whomever said they tested the embryos for gender. Why not? They could afford it.

Will I be dead before this kid takes the throne? Is there an actual throne?

It's a folding chair. Monaco is a very small country
    BelledeJour, effie2, czb and 8 others like this.

you bitch,there is tea running out my nose and it hurts..

Thread Information