Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Model Stefanie Sherk, wife of actor Demian Bichir, dead at 37

Unfortunately it sounds like she was found in the pool and later passed away in hospital.
    Those must have been a horrific eight days for all concerned.

An LAPD spokesman confirmed to DailyMail.com that police were called to an address in Sherman Oaks at 7:28pm on April 12 to reports of a possible drowning. Bichir, 55, revealed the heartbreaking news in an Instagram post on Wednesday, paying tribute to his 'beautiful, angelic and talented' wife.
    Not specifying a cause of death, he announced with 'inconceivable pain' that Stefanie had died 'peacefully' on April 20.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Virginia Woolf killed herself in a similar manner, but in a river instead of a pool
    There is an argentine poet, Alfonsina Storni, that killed herself like this in the ocean.
    There is a beautiful and sad song inspired by her:
    witchcurlgirl and Waterslide like this.

It's very sad indeed. Coincidentally, I happened to come across his brother's IMDB by accident (Bruno Bichir) and it shows he lost his wife in 2005. I don't know any details but I find it extra shattering that both brothers have lost a wife and both at fairly young ages, too.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

aww he played esteban reyes in weeds. he was an evil sexy dude. i'm so sad for him. i wish i could comfort him in these trying times.
    firebrat1229 likes this.

fgg

Demian Bichir's Wife Died by Suicide, Suffered from Depression and Insomnia

The wife of Oscar-nominated actor Demian Bichir was sleeping only 2 hours a night and detoxing off anxiety meds before she took her own life ... according to her autopsy report.

Model Stefanie Sherk was discovered by her husband April 12 at the bottom of their pool in Sherman Oaks, CA with weights strapped to her back and ankles, and despite efforts to resuscitate her ... she never regained consciousness and died at the hospital 8 days later.

According to L.A. County Coroner ... Sherk was 2 days into detoxing from Xanax at the time of her death but was also suffering crippling insomnia due to her sleep aid, Lunesta, which had lost its efficacy.

The Coroner says she also had a history of depression and experienced "recent suicidal ideations."

Sherk's depression got worse at the end of 2018 following the deaths of her grandmother and her dog. She reportedly called a friend just 9 days before her suicide and described how she wanted to kill herself ... but the friend talked her out of it and notified the family.

The Coroner's report ultimately revealed Sherk's cause of death was "the result of the effect of lack of oxygen, mainly on the brain, produced by a purposeful drowning episode."

Days after Sherk's death, Bichir wrote ... "It is with inconceivable pain that I announce that on April 20, 2019, our dearest Stefanie Sherk, my beloved and loving wife, passed away peacefully. It has been the saddest and toughest time of our lives and we don’t know how much time it will take for us to overcome this pain. Stefanie’s beautiful, angelical and talented presence will be immensely missed.”

Stefanie was 43.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/30/demia...ression-xanax/
    Brookie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Poor lady and her poor family left behind.
    Lalasnake likes this.

That sounds like an unplesant, possibly lengthy, way to go.
    Novice likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

'Canadian model Stefanie Sherk 'was found weighed down at the bottom of family's swimming pool' by husband Demián Bichir as her death is probed as a possible suicide'

Call me crazy, but I'd have worded that so it didn't sound like the husband was weighing her down.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    'Canadian model Stefanie Sherk 'was found weighed down at the bottom of family's swimming pool' by husband Demián Bichir as her death is probed as a possible suicide'

Call me crazy, but I'd have worded that so it didn't sound like the husband was weighing her down.
    In all seriousness, when you quoted that, I thought it was going to be followed with an announcement that Demian had been arrested.

I love this guy, too. He was a great in a small role in "Hateful Eight" as "Bob". And "Alien Covenant" as one of the colonists. Very versatile actor.

Bronze Member

I feel very bad for the hell that this poor woman went through. The suffering of quitting benzodiazepines is unbearable. I once went cold turkey off of a decade-long very high dose of Klonopin. (I had no choice; i was in jail.) It was torture. I'm glad i got off it though, and never looked back. And what a horrible way to go--drowning yourself. Wow. She had an immense urge to destroy herself and just end it. And she was so beautiful, and was loved. Very, very sad.

Congrats K-piece for staying off the benzos,
    twitchy2.0, Novice and Brookie like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information