Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Model Maggie Rizer's Golden Retriever Dies on Airline Flight

One of the reasons my partner and I have vetoed moving out of the country permanently is that we're too scared to fly internationally with our cats.

I really wish there was a pet-friendly passenger ship that went across the Atlantic. I know there's at least one pet friendly cruise line where you can go visit your pets in the kennel area.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

That's so sad, RIP beautiful Bea

^^Oh man, she was such a beauty. Okay...now I'm choking up.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    One of the reasons my partner and I have vetoed moving out of the country permanently is that we're too scared to fly internationally with our cats.

I really wish there was a pet-friendly passenger ship that went across the Atlantic. I know there's at least one pet friendly cruise line where you can go visit your pets in the kennel area.
    Cunard is the only company that allows pets but they have to be kept in kennels (you can visit). Other cruiselines allow service dogs and some people try hard to get their "sleep apnoea cat" on board Some succeed.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Well that really sucks.

ETA I used to fly within the US with my cat. I was told not to take him out of the cage which was under the seat in front of me, but I did take him out once or twice just to reassure him. So, so sad. ^

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post

Well, export health certificates are generally only valid for ten days (to travel from one country to another) to prevent the disease status from changing radically while traveling from one country to another (see previous post regarding holding animals etc at borders). Its about preventing the spread of diseases, I guess I'm the only on that remembers the Colorado Beetle thing?

Also, try getting your animals into Australia. Now, they're strict!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Well, export health certificates are generally only valid for ten days (to travel from one country to another) to prevent the disease status from changing radically while traveling from one country to another (see previous post regarding holding animals etc at borders). Its about preventing the spread of diseases, I guess I'm the only on that remembers the Colorado Beetle thing?

Also, try getting your animals into Australia. Now, they're strict!
    I remember all whole cast of The Lord of the Rings had to give away their animals back home because of the commitment of almost 2 years in New Zealand. NZ won't let in foreign animals, at all.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I can't imagine her pain when she found out. The guilt too! Good for her for making it public and fuck that airline! Disgusting!

I once flew KLM in a plane where there was a puppy in the cabin. He was the cutest little thing. During takeoff he started whimpering really loud. Everybody was going "awww, poor pup"It was a nice change from all the screaming babies.
    Beeyotch and Honey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I remember all whole cast of The Lord of the Rings had to give away their animals back home because of the commitment of almost 2 years in New Zealand. NZ won't let in foreign animals, at all.
    I don't wish to be an arse, but that isn't true (the bolded bit), NZ accept animals & pets from the UK so maybe they just don't accept them from the US? (It's possible due to rabies status I guess?).

It's I'd always worth asking the question of the local country.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    they will, but it takes forever and it's a really complicated process, and animals have to be in quarantine for months.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

[QUOTE= Also, try getting your animals into Australia. Now, they're strict![/QUOTE]

Troof! Australian Customs and Agriculture once cut the sole off the bottom of my flip flops because it had gum stuck on it (which might have foreign seeds in it!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information