Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Mischa Barton hospitalized for mental evaluation

schizo??
    Squish likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    at least she's working and not doing the international boat whore circuit like Lohan. (?)
    Oh man, that is funny. And sad. Incredibly sad. I hope Miss Mischa gets the help and support she needs.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

it feels wrong looking at these pictures. i wish her all the best.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Actress Mischa Barton has an explanation for why she ended up in the hospital on Thursday morning and she says it's a "lesson to all young women out there."
    In a statement, the O.C. star told People her drink was spiked with GHB the night before.

On the evening of (January) 25th, I went out with a group of friends to celebrate my birthday. While having drinks, I realized that something was not right as my behavior was becoming erratic and continued to intensify over the next several hours, Barton said in the statement.

She voluntarily went with the ambulance crew to Cedars-Sinai, where she spent the night. "I was informed by their staff that I had been given GHB," she said, referring to gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, commonly known as the "date-rape drug."

"After an overnight stay, I am home and doing well, Barton continued. I would like to extend a big thanks of gratitude to the professionals at Cedars-Sinai for their great care and professionalism. This is a lesson to all young women out there, be aware of your surroundings.

Pitch Perfect star Rebel Wilson reported a similar drink-spiking incident in Los Angeles in March.
    "Hey guys, but especially to all the girls out there, please be super careful about what you drink when out at clubs and bars at night," she tweeted. "I never thought it would happen to me."

Mischa Barton says spiked drink spurred hospital stay

I don't buy it. She was with her friends? They allowed her to be home alone during this?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I don't buy it. She was with her friends? They allowed her to be home alone during this?
    I was spiked in a club many years ago. My so-called friends carried on partying while I slumped in a corner gibbering. People are arseholes sometimes.
    BITTER, Annika, Wisher2 and 7 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I am certain that someone put something in my drink once...I couldn't sleep and my heart was racing and I broke out in a cold sweat...still don't know what it was. Another good reason to stay out of bars. Two of the bartenders I worked with and their BFs were into speed/meth/coke. It could have been anything.
    panic likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    it feels wrong looking at these pictures. i wish her all the best.
    I know. I feel sorry for her or anyone in a mental break.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I got spiked twice. The first time was a "joke" by my friends in college because I barely drank and didn't touch any drugs. Turns out they gave me something I'm allergic to, some type of speed, and I ended up in the ER on a heart monitor all weekend. The second time I have no idea who it was, just out with co-workers. That one scared me even more.
    panic and Lalasnake like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I got spiked twice. The first time was a "joke" by my friends in college because I barely drank and didn't touch any drugs. Turns out they gave me something I'm allergic to, some type of speed, and I ended up in the ER on a heart monitor all weekend. The second time I have no idea who it was, just out with co-workers. That one scared me even more.
    I hope you sent your "friends" the hospital bill! What idiots! They could've killed you!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

We all lived in the dorms. The college paid the tab and never said a word about it. I think they were worried about being sued.
    Wisher2 likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

As if I didn't already think that most people are arseholes...
    Wisher2 likes this.

My daughter's so called friends got high with her and dumped her unconscious in her grandmother's driveway. Thank God Mama was taking her trash out to the bin or else we would have lost her that night. People are assholes to give any type of drug to anyone without their knowledge or consent. It goes way beyond law, but just an evilness that just makes me sick.
    Kittylady, panic, rollo and 2 others like this.

fgg

Mischa Barton Thanks Fans for ‘All the Love’ After Incident at Her Home, Hospitalization

On the mend! Mischa Barton took to Twitter on Tuesday, January 31, to thank her fans for their support after her recent hospitalization.

“Thank you so much for all the love guys. It means the world to me. There is too much going on in the world so I appreciate this more than ever,” the 31-year-old actress wrote. She added in a second tweet, “From the bottom of my heart. We shall over come.”

The O.C. actress was voluntarily hospitalized on Thursday, January 26, for mental evaluation after police responded to her West Hollywood home. Barton’s friends and neighbors told police that they were concerned with her odd behavior, and in a TMZ video of the incident, Barton is seen leaning over her fence incoherently rambling and screaming. In the clip, she appeared to be yelling bizarre things about the world ending and referring to her mother as a “witch.” At the end of the video, the recent Dancing With the Stars contestant fell backward off the fence.

Barton was released from Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai hospital on Friday. She told People that she was drugged while celebrating her birthday (which was a few days earlier on January 24) with friends. “While having drinks, I realized that something was not right as my behavior was becoming erratic and continued to intensify over the next several hours,” she said in a statement. “I voluntarily went to get professional help, and I was informed by their staff that I had been given GHB. After an overnight stay, I am home and doing well. I would like to extend a big thanks of gratitude to the professionals at Cedars-Sinai for their great care and professionalism. This is a lesson to all young women out there, be aware of your surroundings.” Since the ordeal, the Notting Hill actress has also posted a mysterious photo of a doll meditating on social media on Sunday.

Mischa Barton Thanks Fans for ?All the Love? After Hospitalization - Us Weekly
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

IDK you never know. At my bachelorette party my 40 year old mom of 3 straight laced but fun friend suddenly was dancing with strange men and acting into them NOT her she was newlywed herself to a great guy and this is NOT how she is- EVER. We strongly suspected she was drugged. When we realized it was serious we called her husband to bring her home she did end up shouting odd things people who went home with her said
    Wisher2 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information