Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Minnie Driver: producer said I wasn’t ‘hot enough’ for ‘Good Will Hunting’

czb

skylar saperstein is a local physician. i don't think she's a plastic surgeon like wiki says, i thought she did a residency in ER? anyhoo, here's a pic of her back in the day:

this proves rock stars really do get the hot chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    skylar saperstein is a local physician. i don't think she's a plastic surgeon like wiki says, i thought she did a residency in ER? anyhoo, here's a pic of her back in the day:

I can't stand Minnie, so I was really digging deep to say something nice at least about her in GWH, but if that's who her character is based on, then no.

Putting my dislike of her aside for a second, she didn't ruin GWH. However, I'm curious if her not being hot enough is a direct quote from the producer or if this is her paraphrasing. She is not the first person - man or woman - who wasn't "hot enough" for a role and got it anyway. And plenty of people find her attractive, so sometimes this kind of thing sets my teeth on edge. It's like when that Anna Kendrick chick was on the cover of Elle and went on and on about how everyone thinks she's ugly and she's OK with that. Just shut up with that crap.
    Last edited by Waterslide; October 17th, 2016 at 04:12 PM.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

haha. i'm neutral on minnie, don't really remember much about her except that for a while, she seemed to always be vocal about how she got dumped. seemed kind of pathetic. i do think she was good in GWH. and the thought of either brad or leonardo (not sure which was slated to be the harvard student) is laughable.

^I think she's been good in most things I've watched her in (see I can say something nice and be rational, lol), but she irritates me. She does seem a bit pathetic and it seems like most of the sound bytes I get from her are whining about one thing or the other.

And...I would rather watch her in that movie than Brad, especially. That is just ridiculous.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

i thought the casting in GWH was fine. i did initially have an issue with minnie's lack of hotness, primarily due to how hot the real skylar is. but matt dated the real skylar and picked minnie, so my opinion doesn't really count.
    Waterslide, Angeli and panic like this.

I think Minnie is as pretty as this chick plus her taste in little men must really suck.
    Sorce and redcat like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

czb

i agree with you about her taste in men.

but this is a candid shot. i think skylar is way hotter than minnie.
    dexter7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Her face shape is too distinctive. It's never going to be versatile enough to be believable in loads of character roles. I don't think she's pretty either so you do need one or the other.
    She's also very tall. There's a lot of short guys in Hollywood, including many romantic leads.
    rollo, Mrs P, Seapharris7 and 1 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I think she's pretty. I was always quite neutral about her but I like her after following her on twitter for quite a while. She seems nice and pretty normal.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    According to Charlize theron if you are hot you're still screwed. As for Minnie, I think she's forgettable. Her acting sucks more than her looks.

Add Halle Berry to that list

I think Minnie is pretty. I've not seen her in a lot of movies so I don't have much of an opinion about her acting. I have no issue with GWH's casting though. And Brad Pitt? Ha.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

I read she moved into cosmetic surgery back in 2009. Not hard to "switch" your speciality. Some additional training or fellowship programs.

czb

yeah - she did the switch. a lot of docs are making the switch to in-office cosmetic injectibles. certainly easier hours than ER ...

yeah - she did the switch. a lot of docs are making the switch to in-office cosmetic injectibles. certainly easier hours than ER ...
    Far more lucrative as well. Most docs are in a system that pays them flat salary. So whether they see 200 patients this week or 5 it's the same check at the end of the week. Cosmetic surgeons make money hand over fist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information