Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mink eyelashes, cleavage buffing, underarm Botox - the stars prepare for the Oscars

Quote Originally Posted by kalirga View Post
    Good lord. All that so people like us can sit on our arses eating Hot Fries, making fun of you, judging you, laughing at you? You have to be crazy to want to be a celeb.

"About eight to 10 injections in the area can do the trick. The Botox lasts for up to a year-and each treatment costs £500. "But when you're wearing a £10,000 gown it's worth it to stay dry, plus it saves on the cost of deodorant and dry cleaning,' said Dr Jessica Wu, a dermatologist who treats celebrities."

10 injections at $500 a pop totals $5000. It's worth half the cost of the gown?? Pffffft. Antiperspirant costs $4 and you get a whole stick!
    botox costs 500$ per vial and doctors aren't allowed to use leftovers on other patients. and one vial is enough for a lot of injections. with 500$ you can do a whole face, injecting it in various places. and it's enough for both armpits.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

You're so knowledgeable Sputnik!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

^^^^
    lol i'm pretty sure i learned that here on GR or some other gossip site
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

YOU know that none of them eat prob 3 days before the big day either

What a waste of money IMO they don't look any better than then men/women I see everyday. But if it makes them think they do what the hell, it keeps people working.

You have to be crazy to want to be a celeb.
    I firmly believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by karistiona View Post
    Hmm yeah it is a bit excessive, but these people all have money to burn so why not try these ridiculous ways of making yourself beautiful.
    Based on many years of reading InStyle, I understand that many of these treatments are free in exchange for publicity, like being featured in InStyle.

"I have had designers demanding liposuction for an actress who didn't look as good in their gown as they wanted her to.
    Fashion designers tend to ignore the fact that clothes are made to be worn by people and not by coathangers. This is ridiculous.

If you think about it, it's pretty bizarre. All these plastic, hungry actresses on a mix of Xanax and Coke stumbling around on the Red Carpet in their million dollar gowns, just to look good for this event.

Botox isn't just used forforeheads any more. It also prevents sweat stains around armpits. About eight to 10 injections in the area can do the trick
    Injections in the armpits? Celebrietes are crazy!
    There is no way I am having a needle close to that area, unless it for curing a serious health problem!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    Injections in the armpits? Celebrietes are crazy!
    There is no way I am having a needle close to that area, unless it for curing a serious health problem!

i actually considered it a few years back, i sweat a lot during the summer and this seemed like a good option, as nothing else seemed to work

And you know, i noticed all their effort too.

Not.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    i actually considered it a few years back, i sweat a lot during the summer and this seemed like a good option, as nothing else seemed to work
    Isn't that painful?
    I have no trouble with injections usually, as I am a blood donator and am used to a big needle being put in my arm, however armpit area seems so painful

On the other hand (and sorry for double posting, but I just realised that!), how can they have these creatures killed jsut for big, unnatural eyelashes?

Whenever I see 'cleavage buffing' in the subject line, I get an image of someone going at their boobs with a piece of sandpaper.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    Isn't that painful?
    I have no trouble with injections usually, as I am a blood donator and am used to a big needle being put in my arm, however armpit area seems so painful
    dont think the pain would bother me if longer term it worked, im fed up of having to change clothes about 3 times a day in the summer, less ruining tops cos of sweat marks
    what makes it all worse is i live in scotland and we really dont get that much of a summer but that dont make a big difference

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information