Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Miley Ray Cyrus in new provocative photo 'scandal'

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I don't care if a woman walks through a supermax prison in only pasties and dental floss, no man has the right to touch her unless she says he can. NO ONE should ever be raped.

If saying Miley needs it to learn not to dress a certain way, maybe someone who would say that needs it to happen to them to see the err of the logic in that statement?

You know what? I have had it happen to me. I have a fucking SHITLOAD of anger toward things like this. I realize it's not the type of clothes they wear that makes the man rape them. But they're doing NO favors to themselves when they're 15 and exposing certain parts of their skin the way that they do. The way teenage girls dress today is degrading to me. They use sex appeal to look good, and that just isn't right.

I think with the logic that I have, and to me, it makes sense. Maybe I'm just another fucked up sociopath, who fucking knows, but people need to start being more aware of what's around them. And Miley doesn't give a shit, she just wants people to jack off to her picture.

I know you didn't know. But don't you assume that I haven't had it happen to me just because I've said some of the things that I have. I know how much it sucks to have it happen, to feel like scum, and to have extreme self confidence issues after the fact.

But whatever, the way I think isn't normal anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    You know what? I have had it happen to me. I have a fucking SHITLOAD of anger toward things like this. I realize it's not the type of clothes they wear that makes the man rape them. But they're doing NO favors to themselves when they're 15 and exposing certain parts of their skin the way that they do. The way teenage girls dress today is degrading to me. They use sex appeal to look good, and that just isn't right.

I think with the logic that I have, and to me, it makes sense. Maybe I'm just another fucked up sociopath, who fucking knows, but people need to start being more aware of what's around them. And Miley doesn't give a shit, she just wants people to jack off to her picture.

I know you didn't know. But don't you assume that I haven't had it happen to me just because I've said some of the things that I have. I know how much it sucks to have it happen, to feel like scum, and to have extreme self confidence issues after the fact.

Then why wish rape on Miley?????

Well hang up your bikini's girls, you deserve to get raped if you wear one. No skin can be shown.

Quote Originally Posted by drama_queen View Post
    Then why wish rape on Miley?????

Anger.

Anger.

So if Miley was raped would that make you feel better???

Quote Originally Posted by drama_queen View Post
    So if Miley was raped would that make you feel better???

Not necessarily. But I'm done with this thread.

I have been attacked. I was wearing jeans, a baggy tee shirt, and a baseball cap. Rape and sexual assault have nothing to do with the woman. It is about power and control.

Again, her parents let her dress that way. This attitude of "all the kids are doing it" mixed with apathetic parenting are the reasons the teens and kids today are so incorrigible.

Silver Member

seriously, i've never met someone who has been raped before actually wish rape upon anyone. I guess there is a first for everything.

Often when a person is raped it doesn't make them dress better, or be less sexually active, it actually does the opposite.

Miley is dressing like millions of other 15 year olds and taking pictures just like millions of other 15 year olds...does that make it OK? No, but her parents are obviously not doing anything about it so why should we care?

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    The first question I have is who allows a fifteen year old girl to have a boy in her bedroom? My mom sure as hell did not let that happen! I would be talking to people through John Edward if I had tried.
    Um.. my mum did. But she knew I wouldn't have had sex with him. The idea of getting it on with your parents in the house is just icky! *edit* Just seen that post about rape, how utterly disgusting to think anyone deserves that.

She's doing what a lot of teens do (or want to do), so I guess it's normal. What's not good is that her parents don't seem to care, they just let her do it.

For instance, when I was 15, if given the chance with all the digital cameras and whatnot available now, I very well might've posed for a picture like this:

The difference is that my mama would've slapped me silly if she saw it, especially if I posted it up for the whole wide world to see. It makes her parents looks like dumbasses, because you know they know about it. How can they promote their daughter as some innocent, church going Disney personality, but at the same time allow her to do this?

Apparently they are trash and don't give a crap. They know that the money will continue to roll in either way. Plus they probably don't want to upset their precious cash cow by *gasp* telling her "NO" to something.

Nicole is still a teenager, guys, give her a break. When you're that age you're still trying to deal with your own shit, let alone figure out what's going on in the rest of the world. That said, Nicole, it is not cool to wish rape on anyone. We can never know what hell other people live in, no matter how lucky they seem.

To the point: how someone dresses isn't going to encourage a RANDOM rape, no. But most rapes are NOT random. They are familial rape or date/associate rape. And date rape can be rationalized to men if they think the girl was 'encouraging them'.

I think the problem is that we don't delineate the differences between consensual sex, non-consensual sex, and semi-consensual sex. Rapes that are semi-consensual (i.e. the victim knows the rapist, is dating or married to them, has engaged in other sensual activity with them, etc.) are just as damaging emotionally as non-consensual (random) rapes. But the power and control issues of random rape are not as easy to point out in semi-consensual rapes. There are a host of other important issues entering into those relationships as well. And unfortunately, we will never know how much of the attack was caused by what the victim wore, where they went, how much they drank, how much the attacker drank, what issues the attacker had, social pressure from other males, etc - because each of those attacks is completely specific to a situation and can't be 'profiled' like a random rape.

I think it's problematic for us as women to deny that semi-consensual rapes do exist and do have some elements of choice by the victim. We can all minimize the chances of being in a situation where date/associate rape can occur. There are times when one can dress in a provocative way and be perfectly safe. There are other times, however, like if one is alone with a teenage boy in one's underwear - where you can say, dumb decision on her part. I sincerely hope that nothing COMES from that bad decision, but I can still recognize that it was a) her decision and b) stupid considering the circumstances. That is in no way DEFENDING rape. That is recognizing the reality of rape and sexual violence - which is that sexual violence happens to an astonishing majority of women at some time in their life and is statistically much more likely to happen at the hands of someone they know. It's a complex issue.

But the fantasy that women can dress however they want and act however they want with absolutely no consequences is just that: a fantasy. It is not a reality. You may WISH it were a reality. But it's not. So it pays to be safe for yourself and the people you care about. I don't JUDGE women who aren't safe and heighten their risk factors, I still have sympathy for them, but I sincerely hope that they can learn how to be safer and better to themselves in every way. I mean, even one less rape today means a better world tomorrow. And semi-consensual rapes are the ones we as women have the most control over.
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think the point is that this is not the first time it has happened. Everyone was more than willing to forgive the previous pictures but now it just seems shes rebelling in public for no particular reason (since she has been complaining lately about too much parental control)
    Apparently, Miley Cyrus has forgotten the big flap earlier this year over the racy pictures where the Hannah Montana star flashed her panties.

Pictures of Hannah Montana flashing her panties while mooning a camera isn’t the wholesome image Disney would like to see from their young star.

Other Miley Cyrus racy pictures have also surfaced in My Space style photos.

1. Hannah Montana Racy Pictures
    Last edited by ingi; April 21st, 2008 at 01:06 PM.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    What colour means anal or fisting? I need to know so that when I see some dirty little girl wearing that I can give them what they need!
    Sorry, but posting about wanting to fist a little girl is vile and crude, and I don't care if you were joking.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

When will Miley ever learn? You'd think after the first few sets of pictures made the rounds on the net she'd learn. Guess not.

Also, I think some of you guys are taking what Nicole said too literally... which is understandable, but lets not jump down her throat. I doubt she meant what she said (I think it just came out wrong), sometimes people say things out of anger they don't truly mean. Of course, wishing rape on anyone is beyond wrong, it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, but at the same time lets cut her a break. If I thought anyone really wished rape on someone I would chew them out, not defend them, but in this case I think there are special circumstances.

How can saying someone deserves to get raped come out wrong?! It's a vile comment to make. It really shocked me that someone would wish rape on a 15 year old girl, or anyone for that matter! I don't care if Nicole is a teenager or not, most 10 year olds would know not to saying something so nasty. I don't usually get angry about comments on here but that really pissed me off, as you can tell!

Thread Information