Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree286Likes

Thread: Miley Cyrus shares photos from her surprise wedding to Liam Hemsworth in Tennessee

Marriage is hard work, even when you get along well most of the time there are going to be occasions when life is crap and the relationship isn't so great. That's where the commitment part comes in and you remember 'for better or for worse' and you slog through it. Reading that their entire relationship has been a continuous on-again off-again loop, I wonder if they erroneously thought getting married would fix that. Based on the very little I know about this chick, she doesn't seem to have much happening on the emotional maturity front. She may want to work on that before attempting another serious relationship. The silly high school girl routine is getting old.
    sprynkles, fgg, Novice and 12 others like this.

^ I don't think it's a routine so much as who she is. Arrested development and all that.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Marriage is hard work, even when you get along well most of the time there are going to be occasions when life is crap and the relationship isn't so great. That's where the commitment part comes in and you remember 'for better or for worse' and you slog through it. Reading that their entire relationship has been a continuous on-again off-again loop, I wonder if they erroneously thought getting married would fix that. Based on the very little I know about this chick, she doesn't seem to have much happening on the emotional maturity front. She may want to work on that before attempting another serious relationship. The silly high school girl routine is getting old.
    I agree with all of this. I think sometimes, if you are going to be a "silly high school girl" or a free spirit, or whatever you want to call it, though, you should probably just own it and not get married. Not everyone is suited for marriage or long term relationships and that's fine. She's still a bit young (IMO) to be married so maybe 10 or years down the line she'll be OK with who she is or she'll change and adapt. They probably did think marriage would lend some stability to the situation, though...

My issue, and I'm a fucking broken record, is that I don't see this as being her "fault" and he's just a poor lost soul that got dragged along for the ride. He absolutely saw something in her that he wanted to pursue and keep.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Arrested development and all that.
    Such a great show...
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Remember: There’s always money in the banana stand.

I actually think Liam married Miley thinking she had settled down a little bit and then realised that leopard's don't necessarily change their spots. I think he's at an age where he is wanting kids and she's just not at the same place, and may never be.
    tulip, sprynkles, fgg and 4 others like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    I actually think Liam married Miley thinking she had settled down a little bit and then realised that leopard's don't necessarily change their spots. I think he's at an age where he is wanting kids and she's just not at the same place, and may never be.
    That's what I think too. I bet he thought she had her wild phase and now she's done. That's what I thought -- Liam was her calming force. But, that wasn't just a phase, it's part of who she is and it's not the part that works with Liam. I like Miley better when she's with Liam. She isn't so obnoxious. I really thought it was a phase she had to get through too. Guess Miley is just Miley.
    lindsaywhit, DawnM74 and mopar like this.

Aww well, I had a soft spot for these two but my guess is, they were both very emotional after losing their house in the fire and marriage seemed like a good idea at the time. But, they had different ideas about what that meant. I wouldn't be surprised if they got back together (again) at some point but it definitely seems she doesn't want anything conventional and he might be done waiting. Sometimes people love each other but don't want the same things.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I agree with everything you said, but I also think that when their home in Malibu got destroyed by the wildfires, it momentarily drew them closer &
    they got married too hastily, basing their marriage on a shared traumatic experience, rather than actually being ready for true commitment, rather than the on/off (seems like mostly off) relationship they've had for a decade.
    fgg, sprynkles and lindsaywhit like this.

i don't think miley is as bad as a lot of her contemporaries. i mean, she's been famous forever and hemsworth has been her only serious relationship and they've been on and off for ten years, which is longer than most hollywood relationships/marriages. how is that more unstable than, say, the celebs who meet, date, marry, have a kid and divorce in a little over a year and a couple of weeks later they've moved on to the next love of their life? she's also 26 years old.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I read somewhere that there are two rumors. One says Miley cheated on him and he left her weeks or months ago. The other side says Miley left Liam because he started drinking and doing drugs, and she can't be around him because she tries to stay sober. Never heard anything about him doing drugs or drinking too much though, but who knows.
    -

This relationship always made me question Liam Hemsworth's taste and sanity.
    sprynkles, rollo, holly and 3 others like this.

TMZ
    MILEY CYRUS, LIAM HEMSWORTHSplit Turns Nasty... DRUG, CHEATING CLAIMS
    8/14/2019 10:55 AM PT

It started out amicable, but the breakup between
    Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth is now in nasty territory ... with claims of drug use and infidelity.
    Sources with direct knowledge of the breakup are telling radically different stories. Sources from Miley's side tell TMZ, she tried valiantly to save the marriage and the dealbreaker was that Liam was drinking a lot and using certain drugs, and she wanted no part of it ... especially since she struggled with substance abuse in the past.
    Sources from Liam's side are calling BS, saying the drug and alcohol claims are designed to mask what they say really destroyed their marriage ... they claim infidelity on Miley's part.

SINGLE, READY TO MINGLE
    LAUNCH GALLERYAs you saw, Miley and Kaitlynn Carter were making out in Italy last Friday ... though our Miley sources made it clear ... she had broken up with Liam months earlier -- we're told Liam begs to differ. He was also without his wedding ring weeks ago
    Backgrid
    As one source put it, "This is another attempt by Miley to distract from her infidelity and recent outrageous public behavior."

MILEY AND LIAM -- HAPPIER TIMES
    LAUNCH GALLERY

Getty
    Miley and Liam got hitched last December, but have been together on and off for 10 years.

British Tabloid - great photo of Miley...

[quote]
    MILES APART Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth’s split turns nasty as drug use and infidelity accusations fly

By Stephanie Soteriou
    14th August 2019, 11:36 pm
    Updated: 14th August 2019, 11:37 pm

10 COMMENTS

MILEY Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth’s “amicable” split has turned nasty, with drug use and infidelity accusations flying.
    Sources on both sides have made shock claims to a US publication – just days after their separation was confirmed.

CORBIS - GETTY

The split has turned nasty on both sidesTMZ report that 26-year-old Miley battled “valiantly” to save her and Liam’s seven-month marriage, but struggled to accept his heavy drinking and “use of certain drugs”.
    The website claims that her own past substance abuse battle made drug use a “deal breaker”.

However, an insider from Liam’s camp told TMZ that the drug allegations are “bulls***” – and that it was Miley’s infidelity that ended their romance.
    They also denied claims that 29-year-old Liam split from his wife months earlier, with Miley hitting the headlines when she was spotted snogging Brody Jenner’s ex Kaitlynn Carter last week.

KAITLYNN/INSTAGRAM

Miley has been linked to Brody Jenner’s ex Kaitlynn following the splitThe source said of the claims: “This is another attempt by Miley to distract from her infidelity and recent outrageous public behaviour.”
    Meanwhile, Page Six have reported that while Liam wanted to settle down and live a “normal” life with his famous partner, Miley looked as though she was heading back to her wild ways.

They also denied that Miley had been unfaithful, adding: “She never hooked up with girls while she was married. It wasn’t a part of the relationship.
    “There was no hooking up behind his back or with his knowledge.”

GETTY - CONTRIBUTOR

Sources have claimed that Liam felt Miley was returning to her wild child waysLiam broke his silence on the break up two days after Miley was pictured kissing Kaitlynn.
    Posting a photo of a sunset to his Instagram page, he wrote: “Hi all. Just a quick note to say that Miley and I have recently separated and I wish her nothing but health and happiness going forward… Peace and Love.”

A rep for Miley previously said: “Liam and Miley have agreed to separate at this time. Ever-evolving, changing as partners and individuals, they have decided this is what’s best while they both focus on themselves and careers.

ALAMY LIVE NEWS

Liam and Miley were on/ off for 10 years and married for seven monthsMiley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth look miserable in final outing together before marriage split
    MOST READ IN TV & SHOWBIZ

NAUGHTY MEG
    Megan left mortified as her cheeky DMs to Demi are revealed on Celebs Go Dating

MAE-KING IT HER OWN
    Inside Love Island star Molly-Mae’s incredible Manchester home

“They still remain dedicated parents to all of their animals they share while lovingly taking this time apart. Please respect their process and privacy.”
    Miley and Liam first started dating in 2009, they had an on-off relationship with an engagement being announced in June 2012, they then split in 2014.
    But in 2016, the romance was back on – as was the engagement.
    On December 24, 2018, it was revealed that the couple had wed in a secret ceremony at Miley’s house in Franklin, Tennessee, six years after getting engaged

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's families 'want them to reconsider ending their marriage'

By Sameer Suri For Dailymail.com07:57, 17 Aug 2019, updated 16:27, 17 Aug 2019

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's families reportedly want them to reconsider their decision to split.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The 26-year-old pop star and Liam, 29, recently announced their separation after just seven months of marriage, but according to an E! Newsinsider, their relatives hope they will take some time to mull over the move.
    The insider shared: 'Their families have urged them to take some time to breathe before they make any final decisions.

+14

The way they were: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's families reportedly want them to reconsider their decision to split; pictured at the Met Gala this May'They are both upset about how this has blown up and are both hurting right now.'
    The high-profile duo tied the knot in December 2018, but announced they were going their separate ways last week after their priorities changed.

More specifically, it's claimed that Miley 'outgrew' her party-loving ways of the past.
    The insider explained to E! News: 'Liam was continuing to party with his friends. They used to party, but Miley outgrew that phase.'

+14

Happier times: The 26-year-old pop star and Liam, 29, recently announced their separation after less than 12 months of marriage; pictured at this February's Vanity Fair Oscar Party

News of their split comes after Liam was reportedly left 'heartbroken' by the photos of Miley kissing Brody Jenner's ex Kaitlynn Carter in Lake Como, despite the couple separating months earlier.
    A representative for Miley later confirmed: 'Liam and Miley have agreed to separate at this time. Ever-evolving, changing as partners and individuals, they have decided this is what's best while they both focus on themselves and careers.'
    'They still remain dedicated parents to all of their animals they share while lovingly taking this time apart. Please respect their process and privacy.'
    While the pair didn't confirm their break-up until Saturday, it's believed they actually called it quits in June after 'drifting apart'.

+14

Reconsidering: A source claimed, 'Their families have urged them to take some time to breathe before they make any final decisions' (Liam pictured with brothers Chris and Luke)
    +14

Still going strong: Miley's parents Billy Ray and Tish Cyrus have been married since 1993 - there have been two divorce filings since then, but have since repaired their relationship

Meanwhile, a source close to Miley previously claimed that the chart-topping singer is having a 'hard time' letting go of Liam.
    Miley is apparently struggling to get over him because of their extensive history together, having first met on the set of the 2010 movie The Last Song.
    The insider said: 'They have a long history together, and that's a huge part of why she has a hard time letting him go. At the end of the day, she wants to be happy, and she genuinely wants Liam to be happy too.'

+14

New couple: Miley is now romancing Kaitlynn Carter (right), who recently separated from her own husband Brody Jenner

Miley and Liam are holding off on filing for divorce for now and friends believe that they could get back together in the future.

The source added: 'They're having a break right now because they needed it.
    'It was a bad situation with a lot of disagreements. They both agreed it's better to spend time apart, but this doesn't mean their relationship is completely over.'

Those provocative, 'sexy wild child' poses of hers are really starting to annoy me.

Yeah, yeah, Miley, we get it - nobody thinks you're Hannah Montana anymore.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information