Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus: Jamie Lynn Spears is "really excited" for baby

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I wouldn't have had friends who were pregnant at 15. But if I did, and I had millions of young girls hanging on every word I said and looking up to me like Miley does, I'd keep my fucking mouth shut when people asked me about it. I sure as hell wouldn't have gone around squealing about how it was "exciting" and I was "proud of her."

Ahhh where is this place you live that is called perfect? The land of sunshine and beauty where no one ever slips up.

Sorry, but I just don't think teen pregnancy is ever something for other teens to be "excited" about or "proud of." I wasn't sexually active at 15, I didn't think it was cool, and I wasn't friends with people who were.

"Slipping up" to me, for a 15 year old girl, is failing a test or rear ending someone in your car. Getting knocked up isn't "slipping up." It's behaving in a way that is stupid, completely age-inappropriate, and irresponsible.

I hope my 9 year old sister, who thinks Miley is the coolest thing to ever hit the face of the Earth, doesn't hear Miley run her mouth about how "proud" she is that her 16 year old friend is pregnant and excited about it.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

"Slipping up" to me, for a 15 year old girl, is failing a test or rear ending someone in your car. Getting knocked up isn't "slipping up." It's behaving in a way that is stupid, completely age-inappropriate, and irresponsible.
    I agree with you.

Silver Member

OK..I grew up in the real world where people had sex in high school and sometimes ended up pregnant, and then either had a baby or had an abortion. It happened more often than people think...and to people who no one thought were even having sex. This one couple I know, had a baby, both the parents graduated, (actually the baby was born on graduation day so they weren't at the ceremony) and guess what, they took care of their kid, and 13 years later are still together. Anyway, I remember everyone being excited for them and proud of them...and that's just one instance. Miley is obviously just being supportive, and yeah it sucks that she's a "roll model" but guess what my 6 year old and my 11 year old don't read gossip websites so how are they gonna know??

Quote Originally Posted by queenb3577 View Post
    OK..I grew up in the real world where people had sex in high school and sometimes ended up pregnant, and then either had a baby or had an abortion. It happened more often than people think...and to people who no one thought were even having sex. This one couple I know, had a baby, both the parents graduated, (actually the baby was born on graduation day so they weren't at the ceremony) and guess what, they took care of their kid, and 13 years later are still together. Anyway, I remember everyone being excited for them and proud of them...and that's just one instance. Miley is obviously just being supportive, and yeah it sucks that she's a "roll model" but guess what my 6 year old and my 11 year old don't read gossip websites so how are they gonna know??
    sounds like one couple that I went to school with - they got pregnant prom night - they got married, graduated, went to college, graduated and are still together and now have 3 children. None of us thought the fact that they had sex made them any less than the rest of us.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    sounds like one couple that I went to school with - they got pregnant prom night - they got married, graduated, went to college, graduated and are still together and now have 3 children. None of us thought the fact that they had sex made them any less than the rest of us.
    Exactly. They made their bed..so to speak. That doesn't mean people shouldn't be supportive of them.

Miley is obviously just being supportive, and yeah it sucks that she's a "roll model" but guess what my 6 year old and my 11 year old don't read gossip websites so how are they gonna know??
    My 9 year old was standing in line with me at the grocery store when she spotted one of the magazine covers with preggo JL. Just as she started to read the headline out loud I quickly distracted her with candy.

She's not a big Zoey fan, but has seen the show a few times.

She much prefers Drake & Josh!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    My 9 year old was standing in line with me at the grocery store when she spotted one of the magazine covers with preggo JL. Just as she started to read the headline out loud I quickly distracted her with candy.

She's not a big Zoey fan, but has seen the show a few times.

She much prefers Drake & Josh!
    True, but if my kids do happen to see it on a magazine cover, or hear about it, then it's up to me to explain to them why they shouldn't be having sex/babies at 16, which I have to do even if they don't hear about Jamie Lynn.

Of course teens get pregnant, it happens, and it doesn't make them 'less' than others. BUT..... I think Miley with all the excitement and proudness makes it sound like its an optimal situation, when we all know its better for everyone involved to be more mature when getting pregnant. I just think its not a great idea for Miley's teen fans who look up to her to think "wow, if I get pregnant, people will be excited and proud of me!"
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    yeah, somebody should just fucking shoot all the pregnant teenagers. obviously they aren't worth the air they breathe.
    I guess we should give them a medal for not aborting and let them know how proud we are that they're getting knocked up with babies for their parents to help support. It's all good.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

True, but if my kids do happen to see it on a magazine cover, or hear about it, then it's up to me to explain to them why they shouldn't be having sex/babies at 16, which I have to do even if they don't hear about Jamie Lynn.
    Good point, but there's time a place for everything..... paying for groceries was not the time.

No. No medals. I support the magic milkshake myself. I just think that either way that girl -MC, not JLS - went with this, she was going to be wrong. If she had said "I support abortion" you know what a moral squealy worm Disney would have shat.
    I guess if, at 16, my son got some girl pregnant, I'd be disappointed but I don't think I'd stop loving or supporting him. Or his child, if need be. It's what parents do, they support their kids. And frankly, after all the support Lynne Spears has received from her kids, maybe it's the least she can do.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I guess we should give them a medal for not aborting and let them know how proud we are that they're getting knocked up with babies for their parents to help support. It's all good.
    I have no problem with abortion either. And as far as parent's helping to support these babies, I know of people in their 20's and 30's whose parent's still help support them and their kids. I also know people who had babies at 16/17 and have supported their kids themselves. Jamie Lynn is in a better position to do this than the average 16 year old obviously.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

And as far as parent's helping to support these babies, I know of people in their 20's and 30's whose parent's still help support them and their kids
    Yeah, it seems that being grown up without the grown up responsibilities is the way to go these days. I still say you have no business having or keeping a kid if you can't even take care of yourself and that goes for 36 yr olds as much as 16 yr olds. That is judgemental and I don't care. You hear these same enabling parents whining about how they have no money left to retire on since they've spent all their savings bailing their adult kids out of one mess or another and never even getting paid back.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    And as far as parent's helping to support these babies, I know of people in their 20's and 30's whose parent's still help support them and their kids
    Yeah, it seems that being grown up without the grown up responsibilities is the way to go these days. I still say you have no business having or keeping a kid if you can't even take care of yourself and that goes for 36 yr olds as much as 16 yr olds. That is judgemental and I don't care. You hear these same enabling parents whining about how they have no money left to retire on since they've spent all their savings bailing their adult kids out of one mess or another and never even getting paid back.
    No I agree, it's not a good thing that I know of these people, I was just stating that it's not just 16 year olds who do this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information