Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree1100Likes

Thread: Miley Cyrus: “I'm not just this ratchet white girl. I work really, really hard"

I was watching the X Factor performance, and the verses seemed really familiar. It sounds like she's singing a Lana del Rey song until she sings the chorus, and I don't mean "Summertime Sadness"; it just sounds more like Lana del Rey's style than what I would expect from Miley Cyrus, although I'm not terribly familiar with her music.

Fraud copied wrecking ball from Uncle Jesse.

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

The xfactor video is gone. Her peeps scrubbed it I guess.

How gritty and real of her.

Isn't this it?

She does sound a bit rough around the edges, but not THAT bad. Celebitchy is awfully dramatic.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Juergen Teller Didn't Want to Photograph Miley Cyrus for Those Marc Jacobs Ads | Fashionista

Juergen Teller Didn’t Want to Photograph Miley Cyrus for Those Marc Jacobs Ads
    by Dhani Mau

Perhaps even more interesting than the fact that Marc Jacobs chose Miley Cyrus to be the face of his Spring 2014 ad campaign is that Juergen Teller — who’s pretty much photographed any MJ campaign ever — didn’t shoot it.
    But it sounds like it may not have been Jacobs’ choice, but rather Teller’s, who wasn’t happy with the campaign’s controversial star.
    “I have worked with Juergen for years and love him as an artist,” Jacobs told WWD. “He just didn’t want to shoot her.” (But Teller did do the Marc by Marc Spring 2014 ads, so presumably the two haven’t had a falling out.)
    So, David Sims, who also shot Jacobs’ beauty campaign, filled in, capturing Miley alongside models Natalie Westling and Esmerelda Seay Reynolds on a beach set. “We wanted this beach with girls kind of sulky and broody, and we thought it would be cool if it was Miley with what could be two friends, feeling distant and quite dark,” Jacobs explained.
    While we love Teller’s work, we also love the moodiness Sims brought to this campaign, and how Cyrus almost looks more like a model than a celebrity.
    And Marc is obsessed: “We all just love her and her entire being, her energy, her talent, her intelligence, everything,” he said. “There’s nothing I don’t like about her. She is just genuine and very natural.”
    So while Cyrus may still not be able to win everyone’s approval, she certainly has that of Marc Jacobs, and this campaign has ours.

Published on Thursday, January 9th, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Juergen Teller Didn't Want to Photograph Miley Cyrus for Those Marc Jacobs Ads | Fashionista

Id like to see Kanye try and see a song like that live....she is a great performer and she has a good strong voice that can cross over to a few genres of music...Don't know why she didn't go to the toilet before that song though, clutching her va ja jay through a song is not a good look.
    Jack I swear.

JWL

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    Id like to see Kanye try and see a song like that live....she is a great performer and she has a good strong voice that can cross over to a few genres of music...Don't know why she didn't go to the toilet before that song though, clutching her va ja jay through a song is not a good look.
    A few years ago I took my three daughters to see "Hanna Montana" and the Jonas Brothers, and I was really surprised when she came out as herself halfway through, and she sounded really good. She may have had a backtrack, but she was definitely singing too and did a great job. It would be so much better if she would quit all the crotch grabbing and just go out and perform.
    sluce and cheray like this.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Miley Cyrus performs risque routine with Bill Clinton impersonator | Mail Online

Taking it too far again, Miley? Cyrus performs a VERY risque routine with a Bill Clinton impersonator on stage in Vancouver
    By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 14:37 EST, 15 February 2014 | UPDATED: 03:14 EST, 16 February 2014

Miley Cyrus delivered a spectacle with furry creatures, a dwarf, a gigantic hot dog and a back-up dancer dressed up as former US President Bill Clinton.

The 21-year-old was having a good time as she showed off her X-rated moves during the first show to kick off her Bangerz Tour on Friday.

Miley's most shocking move was when she performed a racy song-and-dance with the Clinton impersonator during her Party In The USA finale number.

Risque: Miley Cyrus performed a racy dance number with a Bill Clinton impersonator during her Bangerz opening show in Vancouver on Friday

The singer was clad in red-white-and-blue outfit that consisted of a high-cut sparkly leotard, star-spangled cowboy boots and Stetson hat.

Miley got down on her knee and crouched low while her masked partner in untucked shirt, black suit and tie grooved to the music in front of her.

The former Hannah Montana star, who's been hell-bent on destroying her goody-two-shoes image, over achieved that mission while on stage at the Rogers Arena.

Shock tactics: The 21-year-old shredded what was left of her Hannah Montana image with this X-rated performance

That looks uncomfortable: Miley's back-up dancer wore a Bill Clinton mask, dark suit, shirt and sloppy tie

Junk food: The entertainer did just that while singing a song astride a gigantic hot dog

She wasn't afraid of heights either as she belted out a tune while astride a huge hot dog and wearing a fluffy yellow jacket that reminded one of Tweety bird from the Loony Tunes cartoons.

American symbolism was everywhere as one of Miley's dancers dressed up as the Statue Of Liberty and another little one donned a Liberty Bell.

Miley's set featured 12 dizzying costume changes in all including a leotard prettily embellished with marijuana leaves and a daring red-sequin bodysuit.

Loony Tunes: Miley wore a furry yellow jacket that may have been inspired by Tweety bird

Defying gravity: The platinum-haired wonder displayed no dizzying fear of heights either

Liberty for all: The Stetson-wearing singer twerked with a drawf dressed up as the American Liberty Bell

Elaborate sets: A back-up dancer dressed up as the Statue Of Liberty also made an appearance

Another number saw Miley strutting her stuff in black bra and furry, zebra-striped chaps and rhinestone belt, as well as fur-trailing gloves.

Miley did everything she could to shock and disobey convention as seen in the twerking and the grinding, the bending over and the tongue hanging out of her mouth.

In fact, the singer opened her concert by sliding out of a giant replica of her own mouth on a pink slide.

Walk this way: Miley was shadowed by a tall blue furry creature

For me? Miley accepted a single red rose from a drawf during one of the more tame moments

Toothy: Miley pulled out a pair of crooked false teeth during her splashy finale number

How's that: Miley gave it her all and her very best while clad in a high-cut and sparkly red, white and blue leotard and star-spangled cowboy boots

Usual mix: Miley's numbers featured twerking, grinding, bending over and crotch-grabbing

Miley wore an eye-catching marijuana leaf leotard whilst performing her now predictable raunchy antics such as crotch grabbing and derričre waggling.

Riding the hood of a car, the Wrecking Ball singer spread eagled her legs as she dropped her microphone over her crotch in a racy dance portion of the show.

She then strutted atop the roof of the vehicle sticking out her rear, even bouncing a massive balloon off of her backside.

Say 'ah': Miley let her tongue hang out as she held onto a blue glove

Up close and personal: Miley performed a racy routine with a female back-up dancer

+30

Hearts afire: The pixie-haired songstress slipped into about a dozen different costumes including a red sequin dress with high slit and red bodysuit with furry wrap

Wearing a leotard printed with marijuana leaves she strutted onstage in a pair of white cowboy boots before changing into a red mid-riff baring two-piece with fluffy feathered shoulders.
    The drug-friendly performance featured chequered clad female back dancers along with furry animal costumed performers who Miley made sure to rub up against.

But the fuzzy backup performers should be no surprise for fans of Miley.

She's got chaps: The versatile performer switched into a rhinestone-studded black bra and zebra-stripped chaps

Thumbs up: Miley performed to a sold-out crowd at Vancouver's Rogers Arena so no wonder was smiling

Six-pack abs: Miley flaunted her washboard tummy and much more

The star recently shared shots of herself rehearsing, including a snap of herself dancing in front of a man wearing a giant blue animal head, spiked collar and matching fur gloves alongside the caption: '#bangerztour rehearsals hoe!'

Just prior to her performance Miley shared an Instagram video from backstage.

Riding in style: The songstress tuned into the show while riding on the hood of a sporty prop car

So excited: Miley's eye-catching costum featured a colourful array of marijuana leaves

In the cheeky clip, the star continued her oral fixation by wearing a set of comedic prop teeth as the struck a series of goofy poses.

But Miley actually has big hopes for her tour, telling MTV last month: 'I hope people open their minds and they look at my tour as something that I do feel is educational for kids.

'Because I think a lot of people aren't exposed to art enough and that's something that I had to learn about.

That's a mouthful: The 21-year-old rode a tongue slide to open her show

Advertising: Miley's cannibis-inspired bodysuit was perhaps the most eye-catching of all her 12 costumes on Friday night

Wild night: The Bangerz backup dancers got quite hands on with Miley

Car wash: Miley slid around the hood of a low rider vehicle

Belting it out: Miley crooned as she backup performers swayed behind her

Riding the hood: The Wrecking Ball singer performed some raunchy moves

She added: 'It's a lot how a play would be and we've got kind of these intermissions to keep people really involved and what I wanted is for people to see a show that they would least expect.

'I want my fans to walk away knowing more about the art that inspires me. Between the VMAS and unplugged, there's a hybrid that really makes it about the music.

'It is fun for people to walk out and be like "Oh my God did she just do that?" but there's so much that I do love about shock value, but then I really want there to be that core about the music.'

Costume change: The star slipped into racy red number for a raunchy dance number

Taking a knee: The blonde bobbed singer played to the packed crowd

Read more: Miley Cyrus performs risque routine with Bill Clinton impersonator | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Miley Cyrus performs risque routine with Bill Clinton impersonator | Mail Online
    Last edited by dougie; February 16th, 2014 at 08:29 PM.

I feel sad for the little person dressed up like a joint.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    Who the Daily Fail tactfully calls a "dwarf". Geez, people.

Her crotch must be so chafed. Those outfits look like the pull and rub like hell.
    BelledeJour likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    Ditto.

My god, that concert is a hot mess. She's an idiot. Her parents, and all of the "yes" people around her are doing her a grave disservice letting her do whatever she wants/allow all her ideas to be incorporated into the concert performance.

It's just..... no. Just no.

Bombshell likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Who the Daily Fail tactfully calls a "dwarf". Geez, people.
    Is that term politically incorrect now? I know little person is preferred but dwarfism is the actual condition. I can't keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    Ditto.

Her parents, and all of the "yes" people around her are doing her a grave disservice letting her do whatever she wants/allow all her ideas to be incorporated into the concert performance.
    I think it's trashy and mind numbingly dumb. I don't think this is self discovery or sexual liberation. It's exploitive and stoooopid. However, from a marketing, money making point of view, she's spot on. Her people are backing it because it's working.
    SoCalMarie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I think it's trashy and mind numbingly dumb. I don't think this is self discovery or sexual liberation. It's exploitive and stoooopid. However, from a marketing, money making point of view, she's spot on. Her people are backing it because it's working.
    Totally agree.
    Although, from a marketing stand point - I (or my hypothetical company) wouldn't want to be affiliated with someone like that, with her image, regardless of the PR it might bring. It's disgusting.
    But more power to whoever does...
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

It's all bad and full of gimmickry when she actually has a loud singing voice. I can understand Madge doing it because she is at the end of her career and can barely sing live. There is no hope for Miley if she is throwing the kitchen sink at her career at 21.

Elite Member

Ewwwww. She looks like a lady boy in those pics.

Thread Information