Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Like Tree1100Likes

Thread: Miley Cyrus: “I'm not just this ratchet white girl. I work really, really hard"

mjw
    Elite Member

As she continues to raise eyebrows with her barely-clothed antics, Miley Cyrus has prompted some concern over her well-being, with at least one famous person raising her voice to warn the 20-year-old to protect herself against the evils of the music biz.

But the "Wrecking Ball" superstar insists that her actions have all been part of a grand scheme -- one that's been thoughtfully orchestrated on her own.

In an interview with Hunger TV, Cyrus revealed that she's very much running her own ship and is not the industry puppet that some make her out to be.

"With magazines, with movies, it’s always weird when things are targeted for young people yet they’re driven by people that are like 40 years too old. It can’t be like this 70-year-old Jewish man that doesn’t leave his desk all day, telling me what the clubs want to hear," Cyrus said. "I’m going out, I know what they want to hear. I know when you’re in a club, what makes everyone go crazy and when the time is where everyone’s like, 'All right, I’m going go get a drink.' I know when people walk off the dance floor and I know what’s driving it, so I’ve got to be the one doing it because they’re just not in on what 20-year-olds are doing."

Chatting about the creation of her outlandish -- and wildly popular -- music video for "We Can't Stop," Cyrus said that she was the person who had to push the idea forward, convincing the naysayers in her management to come on board.

"At first on paper that video sounded insane. No one understood it, and I’m just like, 'Let me film it, and then if it doesn’t work out, you never have to trust me again. But if it works out, you have to let me drive this ship. You know I’m on to something. And then they call me and they’re like, 'Yo, you’re onto something!'"

Hunger TV's Holly Fraser, having conducted the interview with Cyrus, praised the young woman's business skills. "Miley is incredibly savvy," Fraser wrote.

"It’s her that comes up with her public image and performances, as she knows it will shock people, so in turn will keep them talking, which will then equate to album sales," Fraser continued. "A clever formula, and one that’s obviously working."

Fraser isn't the only person who has lauded Cyrus' business savviness this week.

In an interview with Access Hollywood, Billy Ray Cyrus said his daughter is a "very smart young lady."

“She wanted to shake things up a little bit, and mission accomplished,” he said of Cyrus' raunchy MTV Video Music Awards performance with Robin Thicke. “She [did] a great deal of preparation and financial investment. All those bears and things she was going out of pocket for to make that stage great. She said she wanted people to be talking.”
    Miley Cyrus Says She Won't Take Advice From 70-Year-Old Industry Bigwigs, Is Running Her Own Ship

Well if she hadn't done an interview with pics of her face nobody would have ever known. Dumbass.

If Miley rubbed her cooze juice on ya, I can maybe understanding be traumatized.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It can’t be like this 70-year-old Jewish man that doesn’t leave his desk all day, telling me what the clubs want to hear," Cyrus said
    Just STFU.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

jfc I don't mind her new music but she is acting like she is the next coming. Kanye 2.0

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I'm not 40 yet but I'll be damned if I stop 'being sexual' any time soon, and the same goes for my 46 year old fiance. Hell, my 63 year old mother is still having a good time (as she brutally told me not too long along and sent me away in search of mind bleach).
    Well I seriously have a 31 year old coming over tonight and I'm 51 (but luckily live by myself these days with my son living interstate) so maybe me and you mum can show Miley a thing or two about being able to attract some hot sex in the 50+ Club!

40 be danged!

*offers Kittylady my own home made organic non gmo mind cleanser made from natural ingredients that bleaches the mind but leaves a glowing feeling of wellness and euphoria when the memory is wiped* Hehe!!
    Kittylady likes this.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Oh yoko, that sounds fun! And then there is your Avi, jfc that thing is just breathtaking!
    Yoko Ono likes this.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Haha! I know! Thank god I don't pull faces like that or I'd have to go to the zoo to find a date!
    Was just thinking my avi might make a really scary mask for Halloween!
    Think I'd get heaps of treats just so they can get away from the horror of it.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That would be awesome! Make two masks; use tongue depressors as the handles. Have a scary mask first and move it to expose the really scary mask!
    Yoko Ono likes this.

Elite Member

"But the 'Wrecking Ball' superstar insists that her actions have all been part of a grand scheme -- one that's been thoughtfully orchestrated on her own."

See, here's the thing Miley- when you're legitimately talented, (i.e. have a great singing voice without autotune, write your own songs, play an instrument, can give a killer performance, etc.), you don't need bullshit gimmicks like coming off as an amateur and complete tool on stage for shock value.

To give her credit though, it is nice that she can admit she's the one fully responsible for the abomination that is Miley Cyrus.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    In an interview with Access Hollywood, Billy Ray Cyrus said his daughter is a "very smart young lady."
    Sure she is smart. She's sharing her shitload of cash with you, isn't she? Dumb would be keeping it all to herself. Right, Billy Ray?

Yeah, she's keeping the fam happy. Won't be too long before she turns into Britters or Cim.

Britney used to have some talent/entertainment value. Miley never did imo.

I agree. Britney used to be cute and sexy, something this chipmunk will never be.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I think that after 42 pages and more than 600 messages, we can say, most definitely, that Miley is a rachet white girl who only works hard at annoying us.

Is there an echo in here?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information