Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Like Tree1100Likes

Thread: Miley Cyrus: “I'm not just this ratchet white girl. I work really, really hard"

oh please. they're really reaching for things to lay on miley now.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    'It was one of the most degrading things I've ever done': Miley Cyrus' back-up dancer reveals she was left 'shaking and crying' after controversial VMA performance

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 22:31, 11 October 2013 | UPDATED: 12:32, 12 October 2013

Whether she was stripping to her underwear or twerking with giant teddy bears, Miley Cyrus left many in shock after her performance at the VMA's in August.

But it seems no one was more shocked than one of her very own back-up dancers.

Los Angeles-based performer Hollis Jane, who refers to herself as a little person, revealed on her blog: 'I was a bear in Miley Cyrus’ VMA performance and. . . for the first time I felt truly ashamed of being a little person.

Los Angeles-based performer Hollis Jane, who refers to herself as a little person, revealed on her blog: 'I was a bear in Miley Cyrus¿ VMA performance and. . . for the first time I felt truly ashamed of being a little person

'I will be the first one to tell you that standing on that stage, in that costume was one of the most degrading things I felt like I could ever do,' she said, singling out another offense to add to Miss Cyrus' recent controversies -- one based on size.

Miss Jane, who has been attempting to be a professional actress for the past three years, said that when she was asked to audition for the signer's tour, she was 'incredibly hesitant'.

'The money was great and I would have gotten a free trip to Las Vegas,' she admitted. 'My computer had recently broken and my car needed (and still needs) multiple repairs. I could have fixed a lot of that with the Miley money. So, I sent in my audition tape.'
    But it was only after she was accepted for the job that she realized she was going to be put into a bear costume.

Taylor Swift reacts during Miley Cyrus's MTV tweark

'When I did the VMAs. . . we were being used simply because we were little,' she said. 'It felt like society still saw us as a joke, despite the fact there is nothing different about me other than the fact I am small'

'Standing on that stage, in that costume was one of the most degrading things I felt like I could ever do,' she said, singling out another offense to add to Miss Cyrus' recent controversies -- one based on size

'I had never been in a performance where I was purely meant to be gawked or laughed at. I will never forget that performance because it is what forced me to draw my personal line in the sand,' she said.'After our first dress rehearsal in the costumes with the crew, publicists, performers etc watching us, I walked out of the Barclay Center shaking and crying.

'I love being the center of attention, but that was something different. I was being stared and laughed at for all of the wrong reasons. I was being looked at as a prop…as something less than human.'

Whether she was stripping to her underwear or twerking with giant teddy bears, Miley Cyrus left many in shock after her performance at the VMA's in August

She goes on to explain that for 'decades little people have not been taken seriously'. And as an actress, she revealed she is given 'two per cent of the “real” auditions' that many other 'average-sized' actresses get.
    'The longer little people agree to be used as shock value, the longer it is going to take for us to be taken seriously,' she said, adding that Miss Cyrus' choice to have someone of her stature in a bear costume only perpetuated the stigma.
    'When I did the VMAs. . . we were being used simply because we were little. It felt like society still saw us as a joke, despite the fact there is literally nothing different about me other than the fact I am small.'

Read more: Miley Cyrus' back-up dancer left 'shaking and crying' after VMAs | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Seriously? Didn't even occur to me there was a little person in the bear suit. I think she's being way too sensitive. People were laughing because the whole bear thing was stupid.

When I saw Miley performing with little people and twerking with them -- now that I found a little uncomfortable. I'm not sure why, maybe because I felt she was using them as a prop? Did anyone else see that? What did you think?
    Clubber Lang likes this.

She is doing all of this to shed her Hannah Montana image, but I can't take her seriously these days because she was HM.

I mean just picture Hannah saying "Sweet niblets, that's dope homie". *cue twerking*
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

'It was one of the most degrading things I've ever done': Miley Cyrus' back-up dancer reveals she was left 'shaking and crying' after controversial VMA performance
    Yet you still did it. By choice. Quit your famewhore bitchin'
    'I will be the first one to tell you that standing on that stage, in that costume was one of the most degrading things I felt like I could ever do,' she said, singling out another offense to add to Miss Cyrus' recent controversies -- one based on size.

Once again, you chose to do the performance....
    Miss Jane, who has been attempting to be a professional actress for the past three years, said that when she was asked to audition for the signer's tour, she was 'incredibly hesitant'.
    'The money was great and I would have gotten a free trip to Las Vegas,' she admitted. 'My computer had recently broken and my car needed (and still needs) multiple repairs. I could have fixed a lot of that with the Miley money. So, I sent in my audition tape.'
    Ah, the truth is revealed!
    But it was only after she was accepted for the job that she realized she was going to be put into a bear costume.

Yes, because I'm sure most casting calls seeking "little people" as backup dancers have nothing degrading in mind! What a shock! Regardless, as stated before, the costume was NOT the problem. If you truly were that embarrassed, you should have been grateful for the costume. Methinks someone is angry not to be recognized....
    Tayl Swift reacts during Miley Cyrus's MTV tweark

'I love being the center of attention,
    Noted, already. Thanks.

She goes on to explain that for 'decades little people have not been taken seriously'. And as an actress, she revealed she is given 'two per cent of the “real” auditions' that many other 'average-sized' actresses get.
    'The longer little people agree to be used as shock value, the longer it is going to take for us to be taken seriously,' she said, adding that Miss Cyrus' choice to have someone of her stature in a bear costume only perpetuated the stigma.
    'When I did the VMAs. . . we were being used simply because we were little. It felt like society still saw us as a joke, despite the fact there is literally nothing different about me other than the fact I am small.'
    Yet you still did them. If you are seriously as sensitive about this as you claim (which I doubt), then your fight for your "cause" should outweigh any desire for fame or money. It didn't, so I refuse to take anything you say seriously. In the future, keep in mind that rants for equality and respect usually have a lot more merit when they are backed up with actions.

awesome muti-quoting Flygirl

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thanks....I've seen some really great tutorials in other threads

Yeah ok lady. At some point, during the first meeting, rehearsal or whatever, you realized what the deal was and you still went through with it. So I'm not buying this "I didn't know" act. But if you truly didn't feel bad until aft er the fact, and decided to never be used like that again, good for you. Personal decision and all. No need to run to the media for attention.

Not buying what she's selling.
    Flygirl and Clubber Lang like this.

Elite Member

I think that after 42 pages and more than 600 messages, we can say, most definitely, that Miley is a rachet white girl who only works hard at annoying us.

Silver Member

Were the normal-sized people in the bear costumes humiliated too? Probably. But, hey, a paycheck is a paycheck.

Bronze Member

the back up dancer also did an AMA on reddit if anyones interested

I was a bear in Miley Cyrus' 2013 VMA Performance! AMA! : IAmA

i'm pretty sure that people were focused on that idiot Miley and not so much on the bears
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I got the impression she was just humiliated being in a bear costume--not necessarily because of Miley's performance. As noted above, she still did it and as such, needs to stfu about it. Nobody would've even known if she hadn't talked about it. Attention bear--indeed.

It was Miley people were laughing at, numnuts.
    Flygirl likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    It was Miley people were laughing at, numnuts.
    Ha! Until now. Now we can all laugh at her
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    Her new song 23 is horrendous. Truly horrendous.

I don't even know how to describe the facial expression I had on my face the past five minutes. I probably looked like I need to be on the short bus.
    spinmonkey likes this.

Thread Information