Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Like Tree1100Likes

Thread: Miley Cyrus: “I'm not just this ratchet white girl. I work really, really hard"

Well she shattered the record for most watched video today on Vevo.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I don't know how to embed vines, but this made me laugh.

https://vine.co/v/h1wKhwarj1d
    yoyoma and CornFlakegrl like this.

I think her voice sounds pretty good on this song, I quite like the melody of the verses, the chorus seems to come in from no-where though. Oh, but the video. She really has zero sex appeal. If they'd put her in some daisy dukes and a plaid shirt she might have stood a chance, less (provocative) is more, most of the time.

For some inexplicable reason I find myself rooting for her though...

This little ratchet white girl has me singing her song over and over. Damn her! The video is unimpressive and makes me lick my lips because hers look so dry.

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    Her new music video/desperate attempt at sexiness.

Three things I hate about this video: Autotune, mascara, nails.

I think that she would actually be more successful at achieving sexiness if she directed it at the bi girls in her audience rather than at the straight men not in her audience. When she held that hammer on her shoulders in the wifebeater with the shorn hair, my inner 19-year-old thought, "Ooh, what's this?" Maybe it would be a disaster, but I feel that trying to please a female audience would manifest itself in a more authentic-looking sexual expression, ie. What do you as a woman find sexy instead of what do you think men find sexy?

Oh yeah, and the lip syncing was terrible. Usually a music video kind of feels like it's actually being sung. In this case, there was not pretending that that was anything but lip syncing. It did not feel organic at all.
    JWL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DAP View Post
    She got the soccer moms riled up with their "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" hysterics.

She's alright in my book.
    Eh, I'm a soccer mom and I've never once thought about her influence on kids. It's her influence on my eardrums and eyeballs that I object to.
    Karistiona likes this.

Rihanna already did the naked, crying, white nail polish, lip synching thing....

Miley Cyrus is no stranger to straddling that fine line between good and bad taste... nor indeed to internet mockery.

But have you ever seen her astride a Russian space rocket, riding a dolphin or hitching a lift on Steve McQueen's motorcycle - completely naked but for a pair of Dr Martens boots?
    The former Disney star, 20, has again become the source of fun for internet pranksters who have mocked up a series of pictures of her straddling a variety of animals and famous landmarks.

Scroll down for video.

Crest of a wave: Miley Cyrus has been the source of so many internet memes in recent months it is becoming increasingly difficult to switch on a computer and not be confronted by her face... or indeed some other body part

Eiffel taste! Internet pranksters have mocked up a series of pictures of her wearing nothing but a pair of Doctor Marten boots while straddling a variety of animals and objects, including Paris' iconic Eiffel Tower

The Great Escape: This mock up sees the former Disney starlet hitching a lift on the back of Steve McQueen's motorcycle as he attempts to flee a German prisoner of war camp in the film The Great Escape

The pictures, which have gone viral, were created using a still of her latest music video, Wrecking Ball, which sees the former Disney star writhing naked on a building site and licking a sledgehammer.
    The pictures also include the controversial popstar riding a dolphin, the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty.

More...

It comes days after the music video, directed by US photographer Terry Richardson, overtook that of One Direction's Best Song Ever to be crowned the most played video on Vevo in a single day.

Having a giraffe: The series also includes a picture of the 20-year-old riding a giraffe in the African savannah

Sky high: She is also pictured straddling a Russian space rocket and the Statue of Liberty

In the first 24 hours of its release on Monday, the video was viewed a staggering 19.1million times. By the time of writing it had reached over 70 million views in four days.
    The video comes after Miley's now infamous VMA performance, which saw her parade around in a bra and knickers, whilst twerking (again) and performing some other obscure movements with a foam finger.

Miley hearts hammer and swings naked on wrecking ball

Subtle as a sledgehammer: The pictures, which have gone viral, were created using a still of her latest music video, Wrecking Ball, which sees the former Disney star writhing naked on a building site and licking a sledgehammer

Record smasher: It comes days after the music video, directed by US photographer Terry Richardson, overtook that of One Direction's Best Song Ever to be crowned the most played video on Vevo in a single day

Big hit: In the first 24 hours of its release on Monday, the video was viewed a staggering 19.1million times. By the time of writing it had reached over 70 million views in four days

In an an interview with MTV, the daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus compared herself to Madonna and Britney Spears, who also made headlines when they locked lips during a passionate on air kiss 10 years ago at the 2003 VMAs, and she's likely to have some tricks under her belt for her first hosting gig in Saturday Night Live on October 5.

Miley confirmed she'll head up the landmark show and will also perform. Katy Perry will take the baton a week later on the 12th.
    Miley - who is currently in Amsterdam - has been very busy in Europe promoting her fourth album, which is her first album with her new punk look and attitude, which is quite the 180 from the Country Bumpkin image she used to fuel her teenage career.

On Saturday she spanked a Twerking dwarf as she sang We Can't Stop on German TV.

Bangerz will be release on October 8 and the album will reportedly feature a collaboration between Miley and Britney Spears.

Read more: Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball video image used to mock up pictures of star straddling animals and landmarks | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hahahahah she deserves becoming a meme.
    darksithbunny likes this.

Someone put Nicolas Cage's head on Miley.

'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Now don't everyone get excited but Miley Jo dyed her hair.

Miley Cyrus Dyes Her Hair! She's A Brunette Again! | PerezHilton.com
    Niki Taylor likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Someone put Nicolas Cage's head on Miley.

He looks like Marc Almond now!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Lord, she's hosting SNL on October 5th. *gag*

Tina Fey, Miley Cyrus, Bruce Willis to host 'SNL' this fall

By Hillary Busison Sep 9, 2013 at 12:49PM@hillibusterr
    Image Credit: Steve Granitz/WireImage

No, the star of 2004′s Mean Girls will not return to host Saturday Night Live‘s 39th season premiere. Instead, the venerable sketch show will give viewers the writer of Mean Girls: Tina Fey, erstwhile 30 Rock star, onetime SNL head writer and frequent SNL guest. This will be Fey’s third time hosting since leaving the comedy series in 2006.
    Fey will be joined by Arcade Fire when the show premieres on Sept. 28. The Canadian rockers are also third-time guests of Saturday Night Live, performing twice as musical guest and once to help the show’s cast and crew say goodbye to Kristen Wiig.
    This afternoon, NBC also announced hosts and musical guests for two more upcoming episodes of SNL. Professional provocateur Miley Cyrus will serve as host and musical guest on Oct. 5, while Bruce Willis will host on Oct. 12 with musical guest Katy Perry.

Miley Cyrus, Tina Fey, Bruce Willis to host 'SNL' this fall | Inside TV | EW.com
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Mediocre formulaic song. Average autotuned vocals. And these are the positives.

I've said this before in various formats and I'll repeat it here. There are so many people with actual music talent who work hard and have studied for years. They are devoted to being the best musicians they can be. They write their own songs. They work for almost nothing and do whatever they can to bring in the money while hoping they can somehow make a decent living as a musician, someday. And this Miley Cyrus crap is what is marketed to us and actually makes her and everyone involved millions. Serious professional musicians must lose their minds over this. I am a singer (as a hobby not as my vocation) and it's unbearable to me.
    rollo, Bluebonnet, Rusalka and 4 others like this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

but people like crap. always have, always will.

that's why titanic won 11 oscars, and alfred hitchcock never won one.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thread Information