Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Like Tree1100Likes

Thread: Miley Cyrus: “I'm not just this ratchet white girl. I work really, really hard"

Thanks for the bust up
    Drive-by poster

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post

Saw this on Pinterest, couldn't stop laughing
    just building on that:
    Kittylady, Rusalka and angelais like this.

Though the performance was goddamn awful, I think she has a nice toned body. I'd rather have her ass than mine at the moment, but I wouldn't try and twerk it in front of millions if I did...

Miley Cyrus at the MTV VMAs. (Photo by Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic for MTV))
    Miley Cyrus has a message for all the haters knocking her twerk-tastic and controversial 2013 MTV Video Music Awards performance on August 25 with Robin Thicke: She's just being Miley.
    The "We Can't Stop" singer broke her silence in an interview with MTV.com three days after her polarizing number at Brooklyn's Barclays Center and said, "I don't pay attention to the negative because I've seen this play out so many times," she dished. "You're thinking about it more than I thought about it when I did it. Like, I didn't even think about it 'cause that's just me!"
    [Related: The Aftermath of Miley’s VMA Performance … Who Is Team Cyrus?]
    In the MTV video, which is a teaser for an upcoming documentary, the former "Hannah Montana" star claims that she's certainly not the first star to shock the world with a performance. "How many times have we seen this play out in pop music? Madonna's done it, Britney's done it. Every VMA performance… anyone that performs, that's what you're looking for. You're wanting to make history."
    She's got a point: Audience members were agog after the "Material Girl" and the "Toxic" singer locked lips at the 2003 MTV VMAs and proceeded to bust a move together. Nearly 20 years before that, Madonna had tongues wagging over her hypersexual performance of "Like A Virgin" at the 1984 VMAs. Neither performance sidelined their careers; if anything, it made each star more famous.
    In fact, making a big scene at the VMAs is all part of the game. Van Toffler, president of Viacom Media Networks Music & Logo Group, was definitely pleased with Cyrus's performance, calling it a "huge success" and saying, "It was a wonderfully chaotic mess of unforgettable performances — everything you could hope for as a producer of a live music show."
    [Related: Miley Cyrus’s Outrageous VMA Performance Shocks … Everyone]
    And it sounds like the 20-year-old star knew full well that she was about to put her stamp on music history when she took the stage with the "Blurred Lines" crooner and a foam finger. "Me and Robin the whole time said, 'You know we're about to make history right now.'"
    "What's amazing is I think now, we're three days later and people are still talking about it. They're overthinking it," the pop princess explains.
    So there you have it folks, we may not ever look at a foam finger the same way again, but Miley Cyrus knew that would be the case all along.

Yahoo!

Yeah, you "Didn't think about it" That was the problem. The word hater went out the door when people started using it. There is a big difference than that stupid term hater. Nobody liked it. I haven't watch it, and I don't want to. I've only seen the gif's.
    Referring to Britney and Madonna only shows what she is trying to be like. History at it's worst. Who gave her the title "pop princess"? Ugh.
    Miley says she doesn't pay attention to the negative. I wonder why she needed to compare herself to other performers. Yawn!
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

How could people have over thunk it more than she/her team did? They planned it all. Those critics had it foisted upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    "What's amazing is I think now, we're three days later and people are still talking about it. They're overthinking it," the pop princess explains.
    Because it's so bananas and so poorly conceived that we're trying to figure out how it ever got to point where it was performed on national television.

Yeah, you "Didn't think about it" That was the problem. The word hater went out the door when people started using it. There is a big difference than that stupid term hater.
    But "hater" has given birth to so many fun pics and gifs!

Where did she say "haters"?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Meh. I can appreciate a good controversial performance if done well. That was just a mess.
    Last edited by Serendipity; September 4th, 2013 at 08:17 AM. Reason: can, not can't!
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

I didn't even watch it, I just saw all the outrage over how his wife must feel to have Miley grinding on her husband - have they seen the actual music video with the topless chicks draped all over him? I'm just anti-prude so grind away Miley, slut it up like a mega-rich 20 year old.
    witchcurlgirl and sluce like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    In honor of the little ratchet white girl:

19 Words White People Killed (LIST) | Global Grind

This is pretty funny.
    Cringe-inducing. Yikes.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I didn't even watch it, I just saw all the outrage over how his wife must feel to have Miley grinding on her husband - have they seen the actual music video with the topless chicks draped all over him? I'm just anti-prude so grind away Miley, slut it up like a mega-rich 20 year old.
    Well, given the picture that's come out of Robin with his hand up some fan's ass, I think people can stop worrying about how Miley made poor Paula feel. Frankly, Miley isn't wrong... people ARE still talking about it.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

The thing that really bugs me about this situation is that the big foam hand was a left hand but she was wearing it on her right.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

well, she probably can't tie her own shoes either...
    TheFarSide likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Silver Member

That wasn't twerking. You have to have an ass to twerk. She was merely working the kinks out of her enormously long back.
    MsDark, TheFarSide and heart_leigh like this.

As some of my younger relatives who are into twerking would say, "You gotta have back." Seriously, twerking is a skill and it's not as easy as it looks. You just don't shake your ass like that. Believe me, I've tried! lol! Here's an example, my relatives showed me. Btw, it's killer on the butt, thighs, hips, and works out your core.

funky_chicken and faithanne like this.
    Rock the fuck on!

Thread Information