Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Like Tree1100Likes

Thread: Miley Cyrus: “I'm not just this ratchet white girl. I work really, really hard"

Britney's body was SICK back then.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Oh sorry Rusalka, I was posting at work on my phone and I thought you said 2001! Yeah 2007 was bad, but it was more sad than embarassing.

2001 however...

Awesome performance (despite the miming)
    This was another great performance. Miley doesn't even come close to Britney's peak.

Britney MTV 2000 - YouTube

Elite Member

Well, Miley's performance is being talked/written about much more than Lady Gaga's new single - so mission accomplished, I guess.

i kinda like her new song and i hate myself for it.

Elite Member

If being talked about was the goal, then she achieved it. But if the content of the buzz is what she's looking at, then she has to be disappointed. The comments aren't about how grown up, sexy, and groundbreaking she is. They are about how raunchy and stupid she looked. She sounded horrible. She looked ridiculous. The only boundaries she broke were for the length that a tongue can hang out of a slack-jawed mouth. Miley's "look at me I can do what I want and I don't care what you think" phase is making her look like she's desperate and trying to hard. People who REALLY don't care what people think just go about their business and don't constantly talk about how they don't care. Women who are truly sexy don't try to be sexy, they just are. She could have grown up and gone beyond Disney by working hard and being true to herself, and if this is who she really is, then so be it. But I think she is trying so hard to convince everyone she's grown up that all we're seeing is a petulant brat with limited talent.
    Rusalka, Trixie and Beeyotch like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    If being talked about was the goal, then she achieved it. But if the content of the buzz is what she's looking at, then she has to be disappointed.
    I'm not sure Miley's PR-strategy is so sophisticated, it goes beyond "being talked about", but I could be wrong.
    Otherwise I agree, that all publicity isn't good publicity.

Can anyone explain the pedobears? Since she's a Disney kid, just seemed sort of like a statement.
    kasippu likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Bronze Member

When I saw those bears it made me think of my roomies in college who were Grateful Dead-heads. Looks like the acid-paper "bears"... However, I'm sure there's a more modern meaning.

Although, come to think of it, Miley's all on the drug cliches with these new songs.

^ya i think that's more along the lines. i was reading about the set design and what not and the artist who designed the bears said that miley would send in photos of herself with her tongue out so he could design the bears in her image. he called them 'selfie bears'.

^Thanks, y'all. I was wondering what in the heck the bears were about.

Totally random observation, but now I feel really old - in 2001, there are no iPhones or whatnot instagramming everything from the audience.
    Also, I wonder if that snake got nauseous?

Miley's problem, or one of many, is that her music sucks way too hard to become pop legend. Britney could get away with idiotic lyrics/miming, etc because it was catchy as hell.

So I was in Toys R Us today picking up something for the baby bombshell's birthday in a few weeks. As I was wandering around, I saw two end caps crammed with what appeared to be every last Hannah Montana piece the store had. And every last one was on clearance.

Yes, I smirked.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Silver Member

She just not sexy. You can't manufacture it. I was embarrassed for her. Robin Thicke creeps me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyester Pam View Post
    Totally random observation, but now I feel really old - in 2001, there are no iPhones or whatnot instagramming everything from the audience.
    And with no YouTube, all I knew of the performance were the pictures on the 'Destroy Britney' website. Wade Robson designed a killer dance routine for that song.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    This was another great performance. Miley doesn't even come close to Britney's peak.

Britney MTV 2000 - YouTube
    Here's a high-quality version of this performance:

I was writing this tl;dr post about how much sexier her performance was than Miley's, and then my browser crashed. The gist of it was that Britney's performance used many different dance styles to create a Britney style, the raunchy moves were part of a cohesive whole rather than the sole focus, and Britney and her dancers more than earned their sexiness and publicity with hard work and passion for the performance.

Also, remember parents' reaction to this performance? They freaked out about her nude bodysuit, and her response was, "I just wanted to be sparkly."
    arie_skop likes this.

Thread Information