Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree1100Likes

Thread: Miley Cyrus: “I'm not just this ratchet white girl. I work really, really hard"

The word "Ratchet" when used as an adjective really bothers me. This is what I think of when I hear "ratchet". How to Use Ratchet Tie Down Straps - YouTube Lord, I am old.
    Air Quotes likes this.

This is what I think of:

"You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Can't stand her. She works really hard? At what? Trying to look edgy and then calling the paps to photograph her as she shops at Whole Foods? What has this bitch ever accomplished through hard work? Having a career handed to you because your dad pulled strings to get you on a TV show as a kid and other people busted their asses behind the scenes to promote and market you doesn't count.
    You know, as much as I want to like her....I think I have to agree with this.

Even Leann Rimes had more actual talent and that daddy of hers worked her like a show pony.
    dexter7 likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    She's just been added to my hate list. She's with any Kardashian, Rihanna and Ted Nugent. Good company.
    Hey you forgot the beiber!!!!
    KrisNine likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^^Thank you!!

Ugh, Miley. Shut up, ratchet.

Elite Member

She's always talking about how hard she works. Works hard at what, exactly? Making stupid, self-important videos? Twerking? Partying? If that's what we're talking about, I buy it, but if we're talking about anything that resembles any real work, even as a musician, I don't believe it for a minute. She has no clue what work is.
    stef likes this.

That winking picture makes her look like she's having a stroke.

is there a team "ratchet is the most annoyingly overused word of the year" because if not, i call captain. extra annoying when white people use it. i have no opinion otherwise, because i want to :lalala: and pretend that i still like miley.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Ratchet seems pretty stupid. The author of Dork Diaries was on NPR discussing her books and words he young nieces taught her, ratchet was one. Made everyone go "huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    This is what I think of:

Yes! Her too.

I'll admit, I like the word ratchet. But being a preppy white girl it doesn't exactly sound natural coming out of my mouth, so I use it sparingly.
    I'm sure going through high school while filming a show and touring with concerts and publicity was difficult, but that has set her for life. No doubt that's taxing. But shit, what does she really do now? Shop, party, have crappy songs written for her... Bitch has the life. Most people work really, really hard without the payoff of millions and months off to party and travel and shop.

hell I'm off on my teen lingo I thought ratchet meant nasty or skanky
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I'll admit, I like the word ratchet. But being a preppy white girl it doesn't exactly sound natural coming out of my mouth, so I use it sparingly.
    I'm sure going through high school while filming a show and touring with concerts and publicity was difficult, but that has set her for life. No doubt that's taxing. But shit, what does she really do now? Shop, party, have crappy songs written for her... Bitch has the life. Most people work really, really hard without the payoff of millions and months off to party and travel and shop.
    Did she even go to school? Most of these tweeners have one-on-one "tutors" who basically do their work for them. They have no idea what it's like to have to do group work, participate in class discussions as part of your grade, do homework, take exams (and not on your own time but during the scheduled 90 minute class period), listen to a lecture and take notes without the benefit of a one-on-one special helper holding your hand and personally explaining things at your own pace all the time. There's no excuse for NOT having straight As with that level of coddling and personalized attention. That's why I'm not impressed when child stars brag about "getting in" to NYU/Stanford/Harvard/Columbia/UCLA... and then usually leave after a year to "pursue other interests" once they're bitchslapped in the face with actually being expected to do their own work and earn their grades.
    needmeds likes this.

Every time I see this thread title, I read it as:

Miley Cyrus: “I'm not just this racist white girl. I work really, really hard"

Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information