Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree1100Likes

Thread: Miley Cyrus: “I'm not just this ratchet white girl. I work really, really hard"

I felt embarrassed for Robin.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Oh Jesus well I just had to watch this trainwreck and I barely made it through the cringefest without exploding! I think the sticky out tongue business is her attempt to be like 'Look at me! I have a long tongue! Guess how good it would feel on your cock!', either that or the video has made me lose it completely! Yeah, not sexy at all but everyone is talking about her so ultimately she got what she wanted!

Well I can't until next year for the VMA's to see who tries to top that.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    This particular gif is just so Courtney Stodden.

I haven't watched the VMA's yet and was going to catch it sometime today... but after seeing this gif, I don't even want to waste my time.

What the f*ck is that? ^^^^
    It looks like all the left over furniture/clothes from Lady Gaga's and Katy Perry's tour were thrown on stage and sewed together to make this set and "outfit".
    That body suit doesn't even look like it's made well/fits her.
    At least Katy Perry's campy outfits look professionally done.

Gross.

Ps. Didn't Lady Gaga do the plastic/rubber underwear thing like 2 years ago?
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; August 26th, 2013 at 09:39 PM.

Best FB comment left by a friend of mine: "What was up with the tongue? It was like her tongue was trying to vacate her face because it was embarrassed for her."
    It's really human of you to listen to all my bullshit.

Ok, I watched the first 2 min.

She doesn't even start singing until 1 min 20 seconds in? And by then she's too exhausted from mindless dancing and screaming to actually project her voice.

Her dad must be proud.
    Wow. Just wow... I'm actually embarrassed for her. I heard it was awful, but that was.... over and beyond what I thought it was (which wasn't much to begin with). Jesus.

What's sad is that you know she's relishing in all the PR and thinks her performance was fabulous.....

Well, it probably FELT great, at the time. Whether it was chemically enhanced or not, she was obviously high as a kite. Being told that the experience was anything less than awesome from an outside viewpoint, especially with so much positive reinforcement around her...I just don't see it taking.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Gloria Loring does not approve!

Ever wonder what the parents think of their child's onstage award show performance?

Well, "omg! Insider" got the chance to sit exclusively with Gloria Loring, Robin Thicke's mother, and caught her raw and shocked reaction to Miley dancing with her son.
    She said, "I just keep thinking of her mother and father watching this. Oh, Lord, have mercy. … I was not expecting her to be putting her butt that close to my son. The problem is now I can never 'unsee' it."

While she can't take back what she witnessed, the "Blurred Lines" singer's mom did manage to mention her favorite — and least favorite — parts of the performance.
    "Him? Loved it. I love that suit, the black and white suit. I don't understand what Miley Cyrus is trying to do. I just don't understand. I think she's misbegotten in this attempt of hers," Loring said. "And I think it was not beneficial."

omg! Celebrity gossip, news photos, babies, couples, hotties, and more - omg! from Yahoo!
    OrangeSlice and Bluebonnet like this.

Elite Member

From ivillage:

Miley Cyrus' VMAs Performance Was Embarrassing for Everyone

It's officially become uncomfortable to watch the pop star try to put her Disney image behind her
    By Donna Kaufman - August 26, 2013
    See Related Photos
    PHOTO CREDIT: JEFF KRAVITZ/FILMMAGIC FOR MTV
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

Comments
    See all

Nobody at the MTV Video Music Awards made a bigger impression than Miley Cyrus -- and that's not necessarily a good thing. The 20-year-old singer performed her party anthem "We Can't Stop," then brought out Robin Thicke for an unexpected duet of his "Blurred Lines." Sounds like a pretty standard VMAs performance, right? Until you actually see it:

We expected the twerking, even though it's getting old. The teddy bears were a littlenightmarish, but whatever. The really disturbing thing was Miley herself. She spent half the performance sticking out her tongue, then the other half making obscene gestures: grabbing her crotch, molesting a dancer's butt, grinding aggressively against Robin Thicke, even suggestively sucking a foam finger. It was like she'd just read an eHow article called "How to Act Sexy." It was so, so awkward.

As embarrassing as it was to watch Miley's performance on TV, it was even worse watching it from the audience. How do we know? From the looks on these celebrities' faces:

Jaden and Willow Smith were dumbfounded:

Rihanna was seriously unimpressed:

Harry Styles
    and the rest of One Direction did not find it sexy:
    Like this? Want more?Sign up for Diet & Fitness

Drake
    kept his head down and waited it out:

So, yeah. Basically, that performance was the epitome of Miley trying way too hard to lose her Disney image. The real problem is that Miley's overnight transformation from country-pop sweetheart to weed-smoking ratchet girl is still giving us all whiplash. It seems so forced, so out of line with everything that came before. And frankly, it's uncomfortable to watch her appropriate a culture that she so obviously knows nothing about. It just contributes to the impression that nothing about Miley is authentic anymore.

Then again, has Miley ever been authentic? Her teen-idol image certainly wasn't. Looking at the audience reaction Sunday night, there was a clear vibe of "Who does this girl think she is?" Obviously, she really doesn't know. And neither do we.Donna Kaufman is a freelance writer and iVillage contributor. Find her on Twitter andGoogle+.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Misbegotten????Wow what an old fashioned word that really says it all.....delicately. How humiliating for people who want to see talent and end up seeing a peep show....Is this what hollywood has become? Is this what amounts to creative art?
    darksithbunny and Bluebonnet like this.
    Jack I swear.

Maybe I just read too much about this before watching the video but it wasn't quite as lude as the gifs suggested. I'm not saying she was sunshine and daisies but I expected her to have molested him on stage or something. He seemed to be in on it to me too.

Elite Member

It wasn't the sluttiness that was the main problem, it was her utter lack of talent and her rolling her brains out that seemed to be more of the issue, me thinks.

MiCy call's it twearking, the rest of the world calls it tweaking.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by WelshSquelch View Post
    Oh Jesus well I just had to watch this trainwreck and I barely made it through the cringefest without exploding! I think the sticky out tongue business is her attempt to be like 'Look at me! I have a long tongue! Guess how good it would feel on your cock!', either that or the video has made me lose it completely! Yeah, not sexy at all but everyone is talking about her so ultimately she got what she wanted!
    Now I have to watch it.

This thread is gaining momentum like the Leann megathread. Let's not go there please.

LOL Chalet. Clubber, I agree 100%. She looked ridiculous. If you are going to try to go the "smoke and mirrors" route to cover your lack of talent, at least do it in a way that accentuates your positives. She didn't even come close.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

I'd like to submit that she is now, in fact, ratchet.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Thread Information