Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Miley Cyrus: 'Everyone's a little bit gay'

^^^sums it up, yep
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Yawn. I remember when all the girls in my social circle started saying this in high school. At the time it seemed to be an excuse to make out with their girlfriends in front of their boyfriends to excite them. The real lesbians/bisexuals/gay men came out later and didn't much care about turning on people other than their partners. So yeah, when I hear people who routinely get on stage and put their tongues all over whoever say this, I'm thinking more 'exhibitionist' than bisexual, but who knows (or cares, really)
    I remember when my bestie's niece and her friends tried to do the whole "we're so daring and shocking and edgy and BI!" thing. One of them got a real sulk on because he walked up to us and said "I'm ________ and I'm bisexual, alright???!" and we didn't flip our lids or clutch our pearls while making the sign of the cross. Bless his little try hard heart. Funnily enough several years later none of them seems to be bi anymore.
    WhateverLolaWants likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

We had to watch it play over again with a friend of mine's litter sister and her group of friends. They were just SO BI, OMG through the last two years of high school. Then later, as adults? Yeah, notsomuch.

I fear those kinds of attitudes are part of the reason why bisexuals feel they don't get a lot of respect for their sexuality even among the LGBT community
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I fear those kinds of attitudes are part of the reason why bisexuals feel they don't get a lot of respect for their sexuality even among the LGBT community
    That's one reason. The other reason is that a lot of closeted gay guys identify as bi before fully coming out as gay. I think most people are more sexually fluid than their professed sexual orientation implies, but not everyone is bi. I'm starting to understand why some people are saying that "bisexual" is an obsolete word: It isn't enough to fit the spectrum of sexuality. For example, I wear the label "bisexual", because we are an invisible minority (if we're in a relationship w/another person, we appear to be gay or straight to people who don't know us personally). However, a more accurate label for me would be "heteroflexible", which I suspect is also an accurate term for many women who identify as straight. There's also more than hetero-,homo-, and bisexual: there's hetero-, homo-, and bisensual, -social, and -romantic. These cn be contained within the three labels (heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual), but you're not going to know what one's sexual, sensual, social, and romantic proclivities are by those three labels.

When I was younger I would always read the village voice personals for laughs, some were really funny and specific. Anyway, a very common note in gay women's ads was 'no bisexuals'.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    When I was younger I would always read the village voice personals for laughs, some were really funny and specific. Anyway, a very common note in gay women's ads was 'no bisexuals'.
    Yup. Bisexual women get a very loud message that we are not welcome among women in the gay community.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information