Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Miley Cyrus, 18 going on 24 at the Grammys

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    Regardless of peer pressure, parents need better reigns on their kids during the teen years. Quit being 'friends' with your kids and be their parents.
    Of course we all experimented with too much makeup and other ways of being sexy at 15. But I knew damn well my parents would kill me if I ever went out in public looking like that, so I kept it in the privacy of my room.

And even if we'd had Myspace when I was 15, I sure as hell wouldn't want my friends and total strangers to see me in my underwear with my barely pubescent nipples showing through my top. I mean, really.

Her parents are totally dropping the ball by allowing her natural curiosity and experimentation (I still call it a bit of a skank-in-the-making) phase to be out there for public consumption. It's messed up.

^^ ITA, Beeyotch.

No kid of mine is going to be broadcasting boudoir pics on the internetz (or anywhere else).

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    well, if I were a teenager, loaded, with what's perhaps not the most observant parents, I would definitely be a problem child ..
    I would be too. The world couldn't handle me.

Gold Member

Default Miley and her family

With all respect to everyone on this thread, I have no clue what it means to have a daughter nor what it must be like trying to teach her to make good choices for herself when it comes to her body. If I may, though, these judgments against Miley and her family are based on very superficial criteria. Many women make bad choices with their dresses, makeup and bodies but it doesn't mean they're "sluts" (and even if they were actual sluts--whom does this really hurt besides the girl)? It's time to cut other women (and young girls) some slack for the choices (and possible mistakes) they make. I abhor seeing Little-Miss Anything pageants with preteens and toddlers but when you start getting into middle-teenage years it gets really tough to prevent young women from wanting to be sexy. Hopefully, they can live this through fantasy in the privacy of their homes but for those who cannot (like Miley) I think some people on this list are being way too judgmental.

I suspect we can prevent rebellious behavior in teenage girls by teaching them that beauty means more than just what kind of clothes or makeup you wear (or whether you wear any at all). Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that teen girls should be women but it's bound to happen because so many can't wait to get there--and can you really blame them if they want to emulate *sexy* women? Would you rather Miley emulate 1960s Raquel Welch? I'm sure people called Raquel a slut in her day but this doesn't make it true. It seems to me that some people (sadly, usually other women) hate women simply because they are sexy. To me, this is a sad comment on our sisterhood. I doubt that Miley's family knew she had posted those pictures to the internet and if they did know; well, fame is obviously more important than their own daughter's safety and this is indeed very sad.

Most stuff on this site is based on superficial criteria, we have nothing much else to base these stories on.

Gold Member

Sure, but when did it become OK to diss girls who are just trying to figure out their lives (even if they go about it the wrong way)?

To be fair, or not , we do diss everyone

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I'm not saying every single teen is out there getting drunk every night of the week. All I'm saying is that it's not shocking to hear that some are. And are you serious that you never intend on getting drunk? Ever?

I'm serious. I've actually tried some alcohol. Mom drinks occassionally, and I asked her if I could have a sip... It was the most vile, disgusting crap I've ever tasted. I don't want it again. Everyone has their preferences I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy Burnett View Post
    Sure, but when did it become OK to diss girls who are just trying to figure out their lives (even if they go about it the wrong way)?
    We're not dissing her for trying to figure out her life. Speaking for myself, I'm angry that a) Miley thinks those undies-on-the-Hello-Kitty sheets photos are appealing and positive enough to post on her MySpace and b) that I know there are a million sick fucks out there old enough to be her father that are getting off on that and that c) apparently neither she nor her family seem to know or care about this. I'm pissed off that anyone can even think looking like a 28 yr old clubgirl when you're barely 15 is okay or acceptable. She's a frickin' kid. She should be wearing a training bra and thinking about her first kiss, not taking photos in her bed with her nipples and midriff flashed, and not walking on the red carpet in an ensemble more appropriate for me, a 26 yr old.

Gold Member

Default Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    To be fair, or not , we do diss everyone
    You got me there, Honey.

Gold Member

Default Right there with you, Calimoonchild

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    We're not dissing her for trying to figure out her life. Speaking for myself, I'm angry that a) Miley thinks those undies-on-the-Hello-Kitty sheets photos are appealing and positive enough to post on her MySpace and b) that I know there are a million sick fucks out there old enough to be her father that are getting off on that and that c) apparently neither she nor her family seem to know or care about this. I'm pissed off that anyone can even think looking like a 28 yr old clubgirl when you're barely 15 is okay or acceptable. She's a frickin' kid. She should be wearing a training bra and thinking about her first kiss, not taking photos in her bed with her nipples and midriff flashed, and not walking on the red carpet in an ensemble more appropriate for me, a 26 yr old.
    Yep, I am sickened by all this, too. It's the double-standard that a young girl can't be sexy unless she looks like a woman. Remember those child beauty pageants? Eeeeew. I also want to see some justice in that women don't label other women as skank-hos or sluts (even if they act-like or actually fuck every other consenting person on this planet).

^Young girls shouldn't be sexy, period.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information