Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Mila Kunis pregnant

What, no Leann?

Mila and Ashton look happy together.
    SoCalMarie likes this.

I can just imagine Demi seething at all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I can just imagine Demi seething at all of this.

She's probably vacationing in a padded room somewhere.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    he's a wannabe cowboy
    Yep. A real cowboy would not be wearing those jeans.
    Piss off!

Mila Kunis appeared on today’s The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and she finally confirmed her pregnancy and talked about in some depth. The highlights: Mila says that she’s definitely due this year (I would say she’s due in late summer/early fall, but she’s not saying), that she and Ashton know the sex but they aren’t telling anyone. She says her cravings are “stereotypical” – she wants pickles and sauerkraut all day, every day. She says Ashton has been really great about her cravings (he has, like, a secret supply of pickles?) and he’s learned Russian so they can raise a bilingual child (Mila is fluent – English is actually her second language).

I guess the most controversial (??) thing she said was that she plans to have a natural birth with no epidural:

“We watched a couple of documentaries and we looked into the like the you know midwife aspect of it and things and spoke to my OB/GYN and realized that the hospital that I’m going to be laboring in does have a midwife, you know, Doula type of thing….So I’m gonna do it as all natural as I possibly can unless there’s an emergency or something [goes] wrong.”
    [Via The Mail]

You know my feelings on childbirth. I want to
    hork whenever I think about it. I admire women who can do the natural birth thing, but I also admire women who are like “F—k that, give me the ]drugsand are honest about that choice. I don’t feel like Mila is judging or making a competitive-birthing declaration about what’s right for all women or anything. And it sounds like she’s going to give birth in a hospital, with doctors anddrugs close by, but with a doula on hand too. Here’s the video:

Cele|bitchy | Mila Kunis plans on having a birth ‘as all natural I possibly can’ in a hospital
    [/COLOR]
    rollo likes this.

Thanks, Honey. That was a sweet interview.

I guess the most controversial (??) thing she said was that she plans to have a natural birth with no epidural
    I don't know why that would be controversial. Lots of women don't have an epidural. I didn't have one for either of my births. It isn't a big deal. *shrug*
    llamamama and She's a Rainbow like this.

I would be impressed with any Hollywood actress who decided to go the full nine months and have a vaginal delivery, epidural or not. I thought that they all (ok, not ALL) have elective c-sections at the end of the 8th to prevent the 9th month stretching of the stomach.

Bronze Member

Elective C-Sections can be dangerous as we all know too. How sad. Some women will put their appearances over the health of their child. ANNNDD most celebrities have the money to pay for trainers/dieticians and such afterwards to loose the baby weight. Seems rather selfish and lazy to me..
    Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    I would be impressed with any Hollywood actress who decided to go the full nine months and have a vaginal delivery, epidural or not. I thought that they all (ok, not ALL) have elective c-sections at the end of the 8th to prevent the 9th month stretching of the stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I don't know why that would be controversial. Lots of women don't have an epidural. I didn't have one for either of my births. It isn't a big deal. *shrug*
    I think the controversial part is when she said she wants to go all natural because she wants to "do it right." It implies that NOT going med-free is doing it "wrong".
    rollo, dowcat and chartreuse like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I think the controversial part is when she said she wants to go all natural because she wants to "do it right." It implies that NOT going med-free is doing it "wrong".
    That's how I took it too, and it's been discuss on my birth board since she's due around the same time and a lot of women were upset. I took it as "do it right" for HER. Doing it right for ME includes an epidural.

I had all three of mine natural, with no drugs. I wanted the drugs,...but I progressed quickly with all three of my girls. And by the time I wanted/needed them, it was to late. But I survived...

To each their own. What works for one doesn't always work for another. And then there are health risks and safety concerns that differ for people. You do what is best and safest for both the baby and Mother. Sounds like that is what she is doing.

Each mom is different. Each birth is different. It rarely goes as you plan it and so many women change their minds half way through. People need to stop thinking there is a one-size-fits-all approach.

My oldest was a 24 hour labor with ineffective anesthesia. My second came too damn fast for any epidural, drugs, weed...nothing! My third was induced and more civilized. You know what, each one produced a sweet, beautiful, lovable, energetic, and insanity-inducing kid.

True, but there is nothing wrong with a mother-to-be planning what she hopes will happen. It gives us some sense of control. LOL
    darksithbunny and KrisNine like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I was a "Give me the fucking drugs" person. And then everything went pear shaped for a myriad of reasons and I had a natural birth. Not gonna lie, it SUCKED. Bad bad bad experience.

More power to her if she wants to give it a go, but I wouldn't ever judge her if she changed her direction mid stream. I know it's different for everyone. Hopefully she has a more pleasant experience than I did.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information