Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Mila Kunis pregnant

czb

^^^ yeah, it just happens out of our control. i wasn't going to compromise the health of baby B just so that i could have a vaginal delivery ....
    KrisNine likes this.

Is it strange this thread is making me broody?
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

ALL the birthing age women i know had c sections here.It is fashionable.They scare the mothers to be..something MIGHT go wrong,or are you sure you can have 12 more hours of THIS?Of course it is easier,less time consuming and no weekends or late night work for the doctors.Much more expensive too,longer hospital stay ..Also once you have a c section you deliver next ones the same way.My son was coming feet first(or so the Butcher said)He ordered me ready for a c section and he left.An hour later i gave birth all alone in a waiting room.Second one,ass first(hence known as assbaby)Some 8 hours,difficult birth,did it sitting up.Two hours later,i was bathed,fed and around visiting.Third one,normal,a few hours...no drugs at all.Of course it hurts like a bitch.If i had a choice i would like my girls to deliver drug free,just to live the experience.But in a nice big hospital.Mila can do whatever ...

I only had the one, but it was horrible. More than 11 hours of labor, and stupid me thought the early easy contractions were as bad as it was going to get and declined pain meds. By the time I decided I wanted drugs, the doc said it was too late cause they would have affected the baby. If I had to do it again, I would want to be numbed from the waist down for the duration.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Here is Mila's quote about doing it "right":

The Friends With Benefits star attracted a round of applause from the talk show's audience when, asked whether she was going to have an epidural, she indicated that she wouldn't and replied with the line: "I mean - I did this to myself, I might as well do it right."
    Some people have the ability and desire to do it med-free, and I respect their choice to do that, as long as it's done in a setting where other medical assistance will be available should it become necessary. I believe the "right" way is doing everything in your power to give mom and baby the best possible chance of survival and the least possible chance of preventable lifelong disability. Even if you're just 5 minutes from the hospital, when something goes wrong in labor and delivery, 5 minutes can be the difference in life or death. Every minute counts. I would not be comfortable putting myself in a situation where immediate medical attention/surgical intervention would not be available in the case of an emergency.

https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/mila-...120542341.html

Yeah, don't get that epidural. Do it right.

So I wasn't just hearing things.

That said, I really don't think she gave much thought as to how this would come across to others before blurting it out.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

If I could go back and do it all over again, I would have waited a little bit longer to go to the hospital. I also would have refused an epidural or waited.

Ended up with a c-section that I had to be put out for. While I am thrilled that the twins were born safe and healthy, I wish I could have been awake to experience their birth and their first cries.

I was also pumped so full of drugs and on my back for so long, my lungs filled. Respiratory team had to be rushed in, babies rushed out.

They didn't clue in right away as to why my lungs and breathing crashed and thought I had pneumonia, so I wasn't allowed to be near my babies.

It was my one and only birthing experience and I really wish I had actually experienced it.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    ALL the birthing age women i know had c sections here.It is fashionable.They scare the mothers to be..something MIGHT go wrong,or are you sure you can have 12 more hours of THIS?Of course it is easier,less time consuming and no weekends or late night work for the doctors.Much more expensive too,longer hospital stay ..Also once you have a c section you deliver next ones the same way.My son was coming feet first(or so the Butcher said)He ordered me ready for a c section and he left.An hour later i gave birth all alone in a waiting room.Second one,ass first(hence known as assbaby)Some 8 hours,difficult birth,did it sitting up.Two hours later,i was bathed,fed and around visiting.Third one,normal,a few hours...no drugs at all.Of course it hurts like a bitch.If i had a choice i would like my girls to deliver drug free,just to live the experience.But in a nice big hospital.Mila can do whatever ...
    My sister was post posterior. My mom, who lived around the corner from the hospital, was actually sent home after 2 days of labor not progressing. She returned the next and my sister, at nearly 11 pounds was born 3 days after that. My mother was torn so badly she had switches down her inner thighs. She's all of 4'8" at was about 100 pounds pre-pegnancy back then.

11 months later I was born breech. While much smaller at a little over 4 pounds I did some damage too. She labored for 3 days with me too. They flipped me around, dislocating my hips and ripping my mom to shreds.

This was the mid-70s. There would be no way in today's medical culture that she would be forced to labor as she did with us.

Thankfully my 2 brothers were pretty "normal" deliveries.

^^^ WOW! I think the Red Priestess had an easier birthing process than that.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    ^^^ WOW! I think the Red Priestess had an easier birthing process than that.
    She said the worst part was each of us was back labor. The actually knocked her out with drugs to deliver the 2 of us. So no recollection of the extraction. Lol she said she woke up and had a baby waiting.

My dad apparently had sympathy labor both times and was flat out on the waiting room floor for days.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Is it strange this thread is making me broody?
    Yes. Some of these stories about being in labour for hours on end would put me off kids for life.
    Rusalka likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    If I could go back and do it all over again, I would have waited a little bit longer to go to the hospital.
    With my first, we went to the hospital pretty quickly after I went into labour. It was something like 2:30 in the morning and my son wasn't born until 6:00 the next night. With my second, I went into labour around 9:00 in the morning, but I refused to go to the hospital. We went grocery shopping instead so there would be food in the house when I got home. Went to the hospital around noon and my daughter was born three hours later. An hour after giving birth, I was ready to leave. LOL

Two pregnancies, four babies, no epidurals here. My doctor gave me the option of a c-section with my first pregnancy, he was shocked when I declined and said I was having a vaginal birth and pain meds free. He actually clapped for me and congratulated my decision. It is a bit unusual with a twin birth I guess. If I got pregnant again I'd have another meds-free birth. But I thought about an epidural, I really really thought about it during labor the first time. I even yelled for it at one point but then changed my mind. I had my heart set on a natural birth and I was already pissed because I had to be induced with Pitocin. I just couldn't do it.

But whether you take pain meds or not, or have a c-section or vaginal birth, either way a baby (or a couple of them!) comes out. So... not actually a big deal.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

My labour was really short. Got to the hospital, water broke at 9:30 am and the baby was born at 1:14 pm. They used forceps at the end because she had her arm up against the side of her head, making things difficult. She had a flat little ear for so long

Elite Member

My niece had to have an emergency C when at the hospital -- baby was in distress and he just didn't want to come out. Now for me, I don't care how the baby comes out as long as it is healthy. For her -- she still acts like it was feminine failure on her part that she wasn't able to deliver vaginally and that there is some shame in having a C. I think if you get too hung up on doing it the "right" way, the "natural" way, the "perfect" way -- whatever that may be for you -- there may be disappointment down the road. End game is healthy mom and baby -- whichever way you get there shouldn't matter.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information