Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Mila Kunis pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    how come women don't try to bully each other into having other medical procedures without anesthetic. 'You needed drugs for that gall bladder removal? You're not a REAL woman'
    Thank you! That's so true.

My mother didn't use any drugs with me or my sister (and she had me in the dark ages), but her labors were fast. Mine was slow, long and painful. I was having 60 to 90 second contractions, three minutes apart. That's not good for the baby or the mother.

Even with most elective c-sections, most doctors would have you wait until 38 or 39 weeks, unless there was a real medical danger.

Bronze Member

Not all births are medical procedures or need medical intervention...makes sense to me why some women would choose natural drug free birth. If you can avoid a medical procedure of birth, women have been birthing with and without intervention for hundreds of years.
    sluce likes this.

Yeah they have. And you know what the significant difference is now as compared to then? Way more of them survive.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by She's a Rainbow View Post
    Not all births are medical procedures or need medical intervention...makes sense to me why some women would choose natural drug free birth. If you can avoid a medical procedure of birth, women have been birthing with and without intervention for hundreds of years.
    And for hundreds of years many of those women would have been happy to have drugs for relief from pain.

Some choose drug free. Good for them. But women shouldn't try to make other women feel bad for choosing anesthetic. Anyone who does is a cunt, plain and simple

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by She's a Rainbow View Post
    I don't have any children and unless I'm having a miracle pregnancy no human is coming out of there!! However, I will never let anything like that slip out of my mouth!!
    Trixie and Mel1973 like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Y'all know what else helps successful births whether they are at home or in a hospital or the granola so crunchy it must be rocks? Good well woman care prior to conception and good prenatal care during the pregnancy!
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Granola!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I hope she has the birth that she wishes for. It's good to have a goal (in her case no-meds birth) but it is also important to be educated enough (and to have the support of a doula--they do offer more than the on-call nurse, esp. if you are not using a midwife for delivery) to be able to make medically beneficial changes to that plan should the need arise. It can be hard to make those choices while "in the moment" and in an ideal world obstetrics would not be hindered so much by the threat of litigation. A doula can offer a level head to weigh in on major decisions. As long as any woman does not feel bullied into the choices she is making, I think she can have a positive birth experience.

ETA This was not to say that an on-call nurse can't be a very helpful source of support, because I have had a couple who were. But generally, the connection you have with a doula is beyond just that one event, you meet and plan together and she gets to know you and your boundaries and goals in a way that is very valuable.
    Last edited by MmeVertigina; May 14th, 2014 at 11:30 PM.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

When I was young and thought that I wanted kids, I wanted a water birth. Whatever floats your boat.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

My hair stylist is 28 or something, a vegetarian metalhead (ok, metal music FAN) and having a water birth. I am riveted when she tells me about her pregnancy and delivery plans. She's planning a water birth at home with a doula and midwife, with a backup hospital plan just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Well, I judge everyone who is too posh to push, and those who actually go to a hospital instead of doing a pain med free kiddie pool home birth with drums, chanting and aromatherapy candles. If you breathe right it doesn't even hurt, yo!

Don't some claim to even "orgasm" during birth? If you "do it right". MmmmKthen.

The only thing I do think is somewhat, well quite actually, gross is scheduling a C-section on a first birth to "save" the vagina from being stretched out or "being scared" of birthing being too hard or painful.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    And for hundreds of years many of those women would have been happy to have drugs for relief from pain.

Some choose drug free. Good for them. But women shouldn't try to make other women feel bad for choosing anesthetic. Anyone who does is a cunt, plain and simple
    vouching the cunt part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    My hair stylist is 28 or something, a vegetarian metalhead (ok, metal music FAN) and having a water birth. I am riveted when she tells me about her pregnancy and delivery plans. She's planning a water birth at home with a doula and midwife, with a backup hospital plan just in case.
    It IS fascinating stuff. My cousin's ex wife is a doula. She now has 5 children and wishes she and her husband could KEEP having more. She delivered her first 2 at a hospital and the last 3 at home - with a photographer to capture contractions and the moment. Her facebook page has had some links that have terrified me... one being a BIG pregnant woman birthing a 10 pounder at home... Jesus, I still can't think about what I saw that day!!! Anyhoos, I find these women who choose to birth this way fascinating. It AIN'T for this bitch, i guarantee that! Oh, and ONLY breastfeeds. Does it in public too but she has this group of friends that have knitted these floppy hats that go on the babies heads while doing it - the hats look like a big ol' tittay! She also runs marathons and shit... now I think about it, I might hate her!

Personally, Snowflake was born vaginally. Induced labor after he was 17 days overdue. I was terrified of needles back then and I didn't want the epidural. My nurses all became so concerned and worried about the pain I was in after 10 hours that I finally said "ok, let's do the epidural".... I thought the fucking nurse was going to cry! They bumped me in front of 3 other women who weren't as far along and it was an absolute breeze after that. With the twins, I had a C-Section at 36 or 37 weeks. I was more afraid of the C-section than of the vaginal birth, to be honest. And having experienced both types of birth, I say go vaginally... it's such a quicker recovery. I'm one of those people with a high tolerance for pain and was up walking within 6 hours of the c-section but there were women there who'd been through it and said "I couldn't even get out of bed for DAYS.".

Let Mila birth HER baby HER way. It's nobody's bidness what everyone else does.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

She can do what she wants. She can even think her way is the 'right' way. But when she opens her trap about it, she should be prepared to get disagreed with.

Even if she has the good health and luck....because it takes both...to have 'au natural' a safe option for her and her baby, I'll still put my money on her begging for an epidural and/or drugs at some point once the pain gets too severe. Why? Because most women do. (Usually by the time it's too late for them to have them, but that's another story).

The 'right' way is the one where both mother and baby survive. Unlike the days when women were doing this before medical intervention. As recent as my grandmother's time, miscarriages, still-borns, and children not living past infancy were not rare events. And almost everyone knew of a family where there was a woman who didn't survive childbirth. Medical care/intervention during pregnancy and childbirth is one of major reasons the life span of women has increased and the mortality rate of newborns and infants has decreased.

Best of luck Mila. I hope you get what you want. You can do everything right and still end up with an emergency C and a child in the NICU.
    southernbelle likes this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Does it really matter HOW you have your baby? As long as they come ok and you too. Go Mila I wish you well!

I hope she's not too despondent if she doesn't end up having her baby the 'right' way.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information