Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Mila Kunis pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

“We watched a couple of documentaries and we looked into the like the you know midwife aspect of it and things and spoke to my OB/GYN and realized that the hospital that I’m going to be laboring in does have a midwife, you know, Doula type of thing….So I’m gonna do it as all natural as I possibly can unless there’s an emergency or something [goes] wrong.”
    [Via The Mail]

Good for her. But I hope she figures out that a doula and a midwife are NOT THE SAME THING.

I begged for the drugs! My only goal pre-birth was to get the baby out, I didn't care how. Once I was in full blown labour, all I did was ask for an epidural. They took their sweet time getting it to me, too. In the end, I needed a forceps delivery, so I got the epidural, but only right at the end, and I still felt that baby come out.

On a funny note, the anesthesiologist had me lie on my side and wait for one more contraction. He was standing in front of me and when that contraction came I grabbed his pants and yanked them down.

I also wanted an epidural right away. I ended up not being able to get it as soon as I would have liked, but I did get it, and for me it was absolutely the best choice. If someone wants a non-medicated birth, fine. But when they start acting like that makes them superior to moms who didn't go that route, it pisses me off.

Ugg, don't get me started on the whole epidural vs natural birth thing. I have several friends who have done it at home and some, not all, are a bit too smug about it for my tastes. For me, I wanted an epidural and was thrilled with it. I went in with my son at 2am and got the epidural around 4am, at 4-5cm. I slept and labored happily drugged. Same with my daughter, though not in the middle of the night. If you want to do it naturally, do it, but in the end every women who gives birth eventually gets the baby out one way or another, no one is better than anyone else.

That being said, I think it's stupid to do it at home. I've heard way too many horror stories from firemen/paramedics to ever think that's okay. I know people who have done it and about 50% have gone to the hospital for an emergency C-Section. Scary.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Ohhhhhh, darn. I had a planned home birth and for us everything went well. It's not really anyone's place to make judgments on anyone else, the goal for everyone is the same.
    sluce, *DIVA! and Bellatheball like this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

I know people who have had home births with mid wives & all went well, those who have used doulas, in a hospital setting, and those, like me, who made sure that drugs were available if needed.
    Hey, as long as the babies are born healthy, it's all good.

I'm glad to hear that people have had successful home births. As you said, it's not for everyone. I have firemen in the family and have heard some serious horror stories or things that have gone wrong at home. So, I'm sure I am biased against it. In the end everyone is working for the same thing, a healthy baby and mom.

Doing it right = successful birth, healthy child and mom.

Natural, doula, midwife, home, birthing center, epidural, nubain, c-section, etc. Do what works for you and your pregnancy.

Sometimes the stubborn determination to go it completely crunchy is stupid and dangerous.

My BFF is an L&D nurse and has been stressed to the max more than once on the job when dealing with women needlessly risking theirs and their baby's lives all because they have convinced themselves that they "can't" have certain meds or procedures.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It's 2014, and women are still taking joy in belittling other women for their birthing choices. So sad.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Excellent point, Sluce. I challenge those people to a doula!!! [Throws down latex gauntlet.]

how come women don't try to bully each other into having other medical procedures without anesthetic. 'You needed drugs for that gall bladder removal? You're not a REAL woman'
    KrisNine, Trixie and rollo like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well, I judge everyone who is too posh to push, and those who actually go to a hospital instead of doing a pain med free kiddie pool home birth with drums, chanting and aromatherapy candles. If you breathe right it doesn't even hurt, yo!

'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Elite Member

It's 2014, and women are still taking joy in belittling other women for their birthing choices. So sad.

What's really sad is that a couple of women have said to me that they didn't really feel like they gave birth because they had c-sections. Geez, ridiculous.

It just frosts my butt when women get all judge-y about pain meds in childbirth. You really can't know for sure how much your particular situation is going to hurt, nor can you judge another woman's pain by your own. Will Mila feel like she's done it wrong if she finds the pain intolerable and takes something for it?

There are definite pros and cons to the different options for pain relief. All you can really do is get as informed as possible and come up with a tentative and flexible plan so you don't have to figure everything out while you're in the midst of it.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Part of me wonders if her comment of the "right" way meant "not a c-section at 8 months" like so many other actresses.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information