Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Mickey Rooney dies at 93

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Sad. He was my "brush with fame" moment in life. He was performing in a play in Philly back around 1981-82. I was rushing to class and ran up the steps from the subway. When I got to the top I swung around the stair rail to get to the sidewalk and plowed right into a man and knocked him to the ground. His assistant and I quickly helped him up. As he was getting up his head knocked into my breasts which are large. I then realized it was Mickey. I was apologizing profusely and was so embarrassed. He looked at my breasts, smiled, and said "it was worth it. Now slow down before you kill someone" and he laughed.
    LOL, that's the type of humor of that generation.
    Brookie likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

fgg

Mickey Rooney Funeral Delayed by Family Fighting

Despite being Hollywood's box office champ at one time, Mickey Rooney was not living like an A-lister when he died at age 93 on Sunday.

New court documents reveal he left behind an estate valued at $18,000, and what little he had left he didn't give to his estranged wife or children.

In his will, Rooney "disinherited" his eighth and final wife Jan, whom he wed in 1978, and children Michael, Mickey Jr., Teddy, Jonelle, Jimmy, Kimmy, Kerry and Kelly Ann.

He left everything to his stepson Mark.

The papers filed Tuesday also reveal a battle between Jan and Rooney's trustee Michael Augustine over control of the actor's remains. Rooney died Sunday of natural causes.

In his petition, Augustine asks the court to issue an order preventing Rooney's wife from removing his remains from Forest Lawn Cemetery, or from having any input into his funeral service.

He notes that the couple had been separated since 2012, reaching a settlement agreement in 2013, leaving Jan with his Social Security checks and retirement funds.

A hearing is set for Friday to determine funeral and burial decision-making power.

Mickey Rooney Funeral Delayed by Family Fighting - Trials & Lawsuits, Mickey Rooney : People.com

fighting over $18k???
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    LOL, that's the type of humor of that generation.
    My grandfather once commented on a younger neighbors shirt with American flags over her very ample breasts. He said, "I'd like to salute those flags" and the woman and her husband laughed so hard they cried.
    I just remember thinking that it was amazing what a 75 year old man, with a wink and a smile could get away with, if he'd been 30, he'd probably have received a smack across the face!

My grandmother is really sad that he's gone, she loved Shirley Temple, Deanna Durbin and Mickey Rooney, their movies were her Saturday afternoon enjoyment throughout her early years. I'm going to buy the Andy Hardy collection off Amazon and spend a couple Saturdays watching them with her. It's sad to feel that everything you knew as a child is gone now, that's probably how I'll feel when all the Backstreet Boys and N' Sync members die!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Sad. He was my "brush with fame" moment in life. He was performing in a play in Philly back around 1981-82. I was rushing to class and ran up the steps from the subway. When I got to the top I swung around the stair rail to get to the sidewalk and plowed right into a man and knocked him to the ground. His assistant and I quickly helped him up. As he was getting up his head knocked into my breasts which are large. I then realized it was Mickey. I was apologizing profusely and was so embarrassed. He looked at my breasts, smiled, and said "it was worth it. Now slow down before you kill someone" and he laughed.
    One of the best anecdotes I've ever read here.
    manningmsj and Jazzy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    My grandfather once commented on a younger neighbors shirt with American flags over her very ample breasts. He said, "I'd like to salute those flags" and the woman and her husband laughed so hard they cried.
    I just remember thinking that it was amazing what a 75 year old man, with a wink and a smile could get away with, if he'd been 30, he'd probably have received a smack across the face!

My grandmother is really sad that he's gone, she loved Shirley Temple, Deanna Durbin and Mickey Rooney, their movies were her Saturday afternoon enjoyment throughout her early years. I'm going to buy the Andy Hardy collection off Amazon and spend a couple Saturdays watching them with her. It's sad to feel that everything you knew as a child is gone now, that's probably how I'll feel when all the Backstreet Boys and N' Sync members die!
    Your grandmother and my mom! She's almost 92 and her absolute fave was Deanna Durbin. So, lately I have been the bearer of bad news about many of her favorites and contemporaries.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Mickey Rooney Funeral Delayed by Family Fighting

Despite being Hollywood's box office champ at one time, Mickey Rooney was not living like an A-lister when he died at age 93 on Sunday.

New court documents reveal he left behind an estate valued at $18,000, and what little he had left he didn't give to his estranged wife or children.

In his will, Rooney "disinherited" his eighth and final wife Jan, whom he wed in 1978, and children Michael, Mickey Jr., Teddy, Jonelle, Jimmy, Kimmy, Kerry and Kelly Ann.

He left everything to his stepson Mark.

The papers filed Tuesday also reveal a battle between Jan and Rooney's trustee Michael Augustine over control of the actor's remains. Rooney died Sunday of natural causes.

In his petition, Augustine asks the court to issue an order preventing Rooney's wife from removing his remains from Forest Lawn Cemetery, or from having any input into his funeral service.

He notes that the couple had been separated since 2012, reaching a settlement agreement in 2013, leaving Jan with his Social Security checks and retirement funds.

A hearing is set for Friday to determine funeral and burial decision-making power.

Mickey Rooney Funeral Delayed by Family Fighting - Trials & Lawsuits, Mickey Rooney : People.com

fighting over $18k???
    Either it's not about the money or it's about setting up who will have the rights to his name and future money. The fact that he disinherited everyone except of the care giver step son is a huge red flag. I could see the wife but all his other children??

Elite Member

Is that the same one who was convicted of stealing MR's money?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information