Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Michelle Williams Is Pregnant and Engaged

I always felt like she was WAY more into Heath than he was to her. Not that he didn't love her, but it wasn't equal at all. Wikipedia says she married Phil in July but that they were separated and living apart by January. Still, a lot of upheaval for Matilda but she's not a little kid anymore and maybe she's ok with her moms choices.
    I'mNotBitter and DawnM74 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    I always felt like she was WAY more into Heath than he was to her. Not that he didn't love her, but it wasn't equal at all.
    Yep, but it's way easier to re-write history when one person is gone.

I thought this was a really weird quote, insecure much?:

“I never gave up on love,” she told Vanity Fair in 2018 about moving on. “I always say to Matilda, ‘Your dad loved me before anybody thought I was talented, or pretty, or had nice clothes.’”

Waterslide, holly and DawnM74 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Yes,i got it wrong,the singer stated it is not her pregnant and engaged.The actress is.Sorry.
    Sarzy likes this.

I'm sorry a thousand times but I looked at other photos of him and I'm not getting straight guy vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

“I never gave up on love,” she told Vanity Fair in 2018 about moving on. “I always say to Matilda, ‘Your dad loved me before anybody thought I was talented, or pretty, or had nice clothes.’”

I don't blame her for feeling insecure. In my opinion, she was always the most non-descript member of the cast when that show was going on, but she has gone on to have the most success. I think that would play with most peoples' heads a little bit. The fact that she doesn't keep it to herself is a little different from the usual narcissistic Hollywood denizen.

I like michelle so I wish her well, messiness and all.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Messy indeed. And while we're at it, can I say how sick I am of her always acting like the bereaved Ledger widow who lost the love of her life? They met on a movie set (sounds like a familiar pattern), she got pregnant, they were together for about 3 years and had broken up months before his death. I'm not saying it didn't crush her, especially since she had a small child with him who probably doesn't remember her father at all.

But all this "never give up on love" crap, GMAFB. She sure ditched her husband (of less than a year) quick once she met the (allegedly married) guy on a movie set. And now pregnant? Hmmm, yeah, don't give up on love, Michelle. *rolleyes*
    And Heath was with Naomi Watts at the time as well. Michelle knew and didn't care. And it seems like she doesn't give a crap now, since it seems like the guy is married now as well.
    Waterslide, Sarzy, Trixie and 5 others like this.

I have no idea how she has managed to get a free pass on all of this in the media.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Because 1) she's likeable 2) she mostly shuts up, keeps a low profile and doesn't get on social media about it.

We only hear about it in interviews like this and she never had a high profile or high public level of interest as a celeb.

Yes, it's messy .. and still I like her. She seems genuine to me and while it's all sorta icky it resonates with real life which is refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't blame her for feeling insecure. In my opinion, she was always the most non-descript member of the cast when that show was going on, but she has gone on to have the most success. I think that would play with most peoples' heads a little bit. The fact that she doesn't keep it to herself is a little different from the usual narcissistic Hollywood denizen.
    Mo, I rarely disagree with you...I don’t believe she ever was insecure. She received accolades from critics for DC and also for independents.i think she just does her thing, and if insecurity factors into the mix, it would be always needing to have a man rather than just living life and if one pops up, great. She seems to not want to ever be alone and if she finds herself in a relationship she wants it on her terms. That is all well and good if her paramour of the day/year is OK with it...just seems like she picks them up and them like a hot rock when done with them.

i also agree about an earlier comment regarding her statement to Vanity Fair. Plenty appreciated her talent beforehand.

That quote might not be so weird within a Hollywood context, and maybe also depending on how she and her daughter talk about values. I.e., real friends don’t value you just for your looks or money or what other people think of you.
    burnt_toast likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

fgg

Michelle Williams & Thomas Kail: Engaged and Expecting

Well here’s an interestingly timed new couple alert. So much to unpack here but let’s start with when and how. PEOPLE.com broke the news last night that Michelle Williams and Thomas Kail are engaged and she’s pregnant with their first child.

We can all agree that that photo was staged, right? They weren’t just walking down the street somewhere in London and a paparazzo happened upon them gazing at each other like that and got the money shot, right? PEOPLE is the safest outlet to place this story because in exchange for the exclusive, they’re obviously not exploring some of the other questions – like the timeline. We’ll come back to that in a minute. For now we’re focusing on the rollout: just before New Year’s Eve when fewer people are paying attention, so that the headline is out there but makes less of an impact because everyone’s trying to get through the emotions of the next few days as we close out the year and the decade. But also…just a few days before the Golden Globes. And that’s where things get interesting.

Michelle and Thomas worked together on Fosse/Verdon. She’s nominated for her performance and the series is nominated in the Best Limited Series category. Thomas co-created the show and directed the most episodes; he’s as much of a nominee as she is. So they’ll both be there, which could explain why they decided to make the announcement now – so they’re not breaking the news that they’re a couple that night. I mean, it’s still going to be pretty fresh but now, if they show up together and pose together on the carpet, her pregnancy obvious, it doesn’t totally feel like it came out of nowhere. But wait… does that mean Busy Philipps won’t be her Golden Globes date? As nominees both, technically Michelle and Thomas can each bring a plus one. Busy could totally take a ticket and Thomas would still have a seat.

Speaking of Fosse/Verdon though, well, the timing. In July 2018, Michelle confirmed on the cover of Vanity Fair that she’d married musician Phil Elverum. This was a surprise to the public – as we’ve seen, Michelle knows how to keep her sh-t tight. Remember, I kept calling that summer the summer of the Fast Flame: “Fast flames flame out fast, fast flames weren’t meant to last™”? Three months later, Michelle started shooting Fosse/Verdon. Production began in November-ish of 2018 and ran until March-ish 2019. Just one month later, on a Friday, using a classic move from the old school celebrity playbook, Michelle announced that she and Phil were over.

And now we’re learning that she and Thomas are in love, engaged, and expecting. According to PEOPLE’s source, Michelle’s daughter, Matilda, “played matchmaker”. LOL, seriously? How is her teenage daughter playing matchmaker when she worked with him for several months – and not just casually but probably rather intimately, as he developed Fosse/Verdon and directed most of the episodes?! Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon are the matchmakers. Art and life all mingled together. It’s so very Fosse/Verdon, non?

But there’s another layer to the (possible, probable) overlap in their romantic timeline. When Michelle was married to Phil Elverum, Thomas was married to actress Angela Christian. Here they are last December at the Kennedy Centre Honours where Thomas was recognised for his work in Hamilton.

There’s some math happening here then, right? Controlled math. Because whatever the timeline, Michelle Williams got ahead of her story – just like it was with her marriage to Phil Elverum, nobody knew about this, no outlet had gotten close enough to it to break it. She broke her own story and, in doing so, if there is tricky math here, that’s not how it’s being presented right out of the gate, on a slow week, when people aren’t paying as much attention. And then she shows up on the carpet on Sunday night and that’ll be a new story. She’s the favourite to win in her category considering she won the Emmy back in September. You’ll recall, her Emmys acceptance speech was the best of the night. Looking forward to watching the follow-up.

https://www.laineygossip.com/interes...regnancy/61290
    Trixie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information