Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Michelle Williams haunted by ghost of Heath Ledger (has been visited 2 times already)

My mum has seen my deceased nan walking around her house quite a few times. Both myself and my boyfriend have seen similar things that my mum thinks is my nan. I have to stress that my mum is really catholic and very no-nonsense, so for her to think she's seen stuff carries a lot of weight in my view.
    She's also woken in the night to see a white glowing orb floating by her bedroom door (I know how silly this sounds!) she said it almost seemed liked it had a smiley face and was very peaceful. I don't know what that was, or if she was dreaming!

A friend of mine has often walked into her bedroom to find her deceased mum sitting on her bed waiting for her.

I don't know whether these are visits or part of the grieving process, but I don't really think it matters that much as we presumably won't know until we die. I think these occurrences are whatever we make them....but I find them really interesting!

I dreamt i was writing a letter to my mother who had recently died and she showed up behind me.............thats the only dream I have had of her since her terrible accident. Its not enough. I want her back.
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I still want to know why my dead mother is ignoring me.
    I doubt your Mother would ever ignore you,Dear Butt! These dreams that are so comforting may have happened to you several times, but you don't recall them. There was probably a morning ,after her death, that you woke up feeling like everything was going to be all right-just more tranquil and at ease. That was her,saying good bye and that she was happy. She knew she had done a wonderful job with you-you are happy and stand firmly on your own. She had no worries about you. She must have been so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    I dreamt i was writing a letter to my mother who had recently died and she showed up behind me.............thats the only dream I have had of her since her terrible accident. Its not enough. I want her back.
    I know so well how you feel. There is no longing like that,is there? The only thing worse-far worse-would have been for you to have died and left her to grieve. No Mother should have to suffer that.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyGirl View Post
    Some people don't believe in demons or hell, dear. If you're going to pooh-pooh other people's beliefs, maybe you should just stay quiet, non?
    I'm not saying anything about anyone else's beliefs. I was replying to someone who pooh-phoo'ed mine. please don't tell me to stay quiet. I was simply stating my own opinion. I have a right to do that. If you can't handle that, maybe you should stay quiet.

I think its all in our sub-conscience, but does that make it any less real? If it helps her survive, more power to her. My grandma visited me often after she died, in the form of dreams, and I enjoyed them regardless of whether they were "real". They were real, to me. But one time, right before the first birthday after she died, my sister told me she dream had a dream about our grandma, and it was eerily similar to one I also had, so who knows?

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I've never believed in ghosts eiter and in the bible (Yes, i believe in it) Jesus said something along the lines of Dead is dead, the dead cannot harm us, or protect us. But then my mum told me she's seen a ghost,and I know she's not lying about it. She was driving home at 2am one morning on a highway and a white figure with no feet raced across in front of her, she almost had a heart attack and stopped the car. She knew what she saw, and a few weeks later, there was a newspaper story that several people had seen this figure around the same time each morning and then it was discovered that it was a teenage girl who was murdered several years before in bushland nearby.

And if that didn't make me enough of a believer, in the movie Three Men and a Baby, in one of the scenes there's a little boy standing in a doorway behind one of the actors. Who was he? Well, in that apartment a boy shot himself, and that was the boy standing there.

So I'm a believer.
    On the other hand, it may be demons, not our loved ones. I do believe they take pleasure in misleading people.
    It's so funny you mention this. I know I don't post very often, but I wanted to come out to remark on this-also to tell my own experience. My friend tells me that in the Bible, it says when you die, it's like you go into a deep sleep. When it is time to come back-I guess when Jesus returns? I'm not sure-you wake up. But you are healthy, whole. The only beings that haunt us on this earth are demons. They are great at deceiving you, they know things about you, and use those things to play with you.

Whether or not I believe that is a different story. I will, however, say this-right after my mother passed away, I went to be with my father in Florida. This was about 3 days after she'd gone. I got up to go to the Florida porch, and as I passed through the dining room, I was filled with this cold feeling of dread, like I just walked into a party I was NOT invited to. Horrible, horrible feeling. Nobody likes to go into my father's house now-it always feels like something is in there.

But, after I came back to NY, I had a lovely dream in which my mother came to me and told me how sorry she was for all the pain she'd caused me, hugged me and told me she loved me, and that everything would be ok. Once, I dreamed about her while I was having a bout of insomnia. I was trying to take a short nap on the couch (when you have insomnia, aren't they all painfully short? LOL!), and I heard a door open in my kitchen, and footsteps down the hall, and my mother came into the room and leaned over and touched my arm and said, "If you don't get up now, you'll never be able to sleep later". When I woke up, I could still feel where she had touched me.
    Last edited by Drea; April 26th, 2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Wanted to add a little something

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    Cheray, I'm so sorry for your loss-I wanted to say I know how you feel. Dreams, any of those things are never enough. I want my mom back, too.

^Drea, sorry for your loss as well... also thanks for bringing up the thing on the demons. Some posters are offended that I agreed with some else who said that.

Bronze Member

Thanks, Allie-I think the demons thing is really feasible, considering some of the things I've heard over the years from people. I had a friend who would look at certain people and see horrible, horrible things-like their faces would turn into something else right in front of her.

Again, I think all those things are ideas to consider-we really don't know what happens in the afterlife until we get there ourselves. I definitely believe in one, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jin13 View Post
    I agree that dreams may be a healthy part of the grieving process and moving on. But I also know that most people are just not aware of having the spirits of their loved ones around them. Children and animals have no problems because they dont try to rationalize the way adults do. I didnt really start to believe what I was hearing and seeing until I spoke to someone about it. I was told to embrace it and not be afraid, there was a reason that I saw and heard what I did. I just stopped being afraid and excepted it, thats when I started to realize there was a pattern to it.
    It's just not something that you really talk about.
    I totally agree.

Two of my kids have seen the same spirit in this house. When it first happened, the younger one had no knowlege of what the older one had seen-- there's no way she could've been copying him or anything, yet she saw it too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information