Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Williams haunted by ghost of Heath Ledger (has been visited 2 times already)

[By the way, you people talking about demons showing up as your loved ones to mislead you is fuckin' horrible and creepy![/quote]

Demons ARE horrible and creepy!

Gold Member

Years after my grandfather died, I had a dream where I believe I was visited by him. It was very comforting, very real, and I woke up feeling like he had come to see me. I don't know how to explain the feeling other than that I somehow KNEW that he had made contact and it wasn't just a dream.

My other grandfather hasn't visited me yet, though ;-)!

I also knew two sisters in high school- their dad killed himself, and one had a dream where he called her on the phone. She woke up and the phone was in her hand!

well I don't know if this counts, I have a terrible memory, but this one I have always remembered clearly shortly after my great grandfather died, before my grandpa's birthday, supposedly I woke up in the middle of the night, because I kept hearing him call my name I say supposedly because I am such a cynic, I don't ever remember dreams, especially for years! And he had just said to wish my grandpa a happy birthday, that he loved me, to be good, and listen to my parents.

I am a very logical person to a certain extent, and there has to be evidence for me to believe anything, but I'll admit I talked to a psychic/s before, and they've mentioned things you can't guess..especially about some things that happened recently, I thought yeah right it won't happen! I always said I'd never waste money on it, but hell the three I've talked to have been beyond accurate, where even I could not say well maybe they guessed..because these things aren't something anyone can guess on...

So, as for the dead contacting their loved ones, sure maybe. For the longest after my great grandmother died I always smelled her perfume and cooking, maybe it was grief, but hell I was 9 or 10 then.

When she died, I had a dream about her also, and honestly I don't really think it's wishful thinking...it was comforting, since I was so young and no one ever really explained death to me, she ended up dying of leukemia, and I knew months before when I heard she was "sick" that she was going to die, and it was one of the most upsetting things.

No one explained it to me, so I had to figure it out. I remember I begged to see her during her last few days, and I saw her. Hell, seeing her like that in a hospital, broke my heart, and it was difficult because I knew she was dead, and that these machines were just keeping her shell alive.

These things are so difficult to deal with, and I'd like to think that relatives would visit in order to help their loved ones get through these things.

When my husband died last year he visited me quite a bit for about 8 months. I remember the first time it happened it felt like I was getting warm hug from him. His Dad died 4 months later and he was there sitting there beside me holding my hand. I believe he visited me during the roughest months and when I really knew I was going to be fine he moved onto where ever you go when you die....
    Linda

My mother visited me the night she died. I didn't even know she had died; I just thought the doctors had let her come home from the hospital. She sat at the end of my bed and it was very comforting and very, very real. I was only nine, but I remember it like it was yesterday. And when my best friend died almost 11 years ago, she visited me too. But I knew it was her soul and not her body, whereas with my mom, it was really like her body was there.

So...I'm a firm believer in that kind of stuff.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

I just have to say that I am so sorry for everyone's loss. I know what it is like to lose a parent first from Alzheimer's then to the actual physical death. I think it is very comforting when a person is visited (if they are) by the person whom thinks enough about them to assure them that they are ok. jmo. like peach he died almost 3 yrs ago but it feels like yesterday. don't know what you truly have until it is gone. In my case it was about 11 yrs before we buried him.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Wow... I have always excepted spirits but never discussed much with others. I started "seeing things" when I was 13 and my grandmother died in our house. She was very sick with cancer when she came to live with us and had told my mother they she would not rest until she new that we were ok. About 1 month after she died I woke up to hear someone walking down the hallway of our house, it stopped in front of my brothers room then my room then walked into my parents room and sat down on a chair ( I knew it was a chair because my mother never took the plastic off the seat!) The next day I said something to my brother about walking around the house in the middle of then night and he turned pale. He heard the same thing.
    I have since been seeing "shadow" in my own house (many years later!) when I see them, within 2 days a family member dies. This has been happening for 8 years now... without fail.
    Cant say I like it...

can't say I blame you Jin13. I am convinced that my home has had a visitor in it for some time but not at all harmful. It is funny that as soon as my son and I realized that we both heard it when alone and started to talk about it the noises seem to lessen and now we hardly ever hear them (well I can only speak for myself)
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Hit By Ban Bus!

No one that has ever passed away has ever come back to visit me if they do I will shit my pants and I mean that honestly.

I think Michelle's been taking some meds.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I've been visited by both my parents many times over the years, but only in my dreams. I can't categorically deny the existence of the spirit world, because I don't know the truth and I've seen no evidence that anyone else does either. But when I dream about my parents, they are real and I feel great when I wake up because it's like I've spent time with them again. I never dream about them as dead people, rather it's just normal situations, usually set in our family home, and I never feel as though they've "come back" or whatever.

Having said that, I would love for them to actually visit, but I honestly think they would have by now, if they could.

A child is harder to explain away. My uncle was in the hospital and quite sick,but no one expected him to die. Early one morning (4AM) my cousin was awakened by his 4 year old daughter chatting away. He paused in from of her door & watched as she and her bear talked to a blank spot. He went in & said "Sissy,who are you talking to?" She said"Granddaddy-he says he is all better and will never have to take that bad medicine again". That was the exact time (4AM)when my uncle died. We can't explain it-but something happened.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Bronze Member

I wish it could be true but I wonder if it is just a coping mechanism produced by a grieving mind? For many months after my father died I never dreamt about him and then when I did I could never see his face but knew the person in my dream represented him and this still happens to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin13 View Post
    Wow... I have always excepted spirits but never discussed much with others. I started "seeing things" when I was 13 and my grandmother died in our house. She was very sick with cancer when she came to live with us and had told my mother they she would not rest until she new that we were ok. About 1 month after she died I woke up to hear someone walking down the hallway of our house, it stopped in front of my brothers room then my room then walked into my parents room and sat down on a chair ( I knew it was a chair because my mother never took the plastic off the seat!) The next day I said something to my brother about walking around the house in the middle of then night and he turned pale. He heard the same thing.
    I have since been seeing "shadow" in my own house (many years later!) when I see them, within 2 days a family member dies. This has been happening for 8 years now... without fail.
    Cant say I like it...
    How terrifying!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    No one that has ever passed away has ever come back to visit me if they do I will shit my pants and I mean that honestly.
    Heh, I kind of feel the same way...while being 'visited' by dead loved ones is meant to be comforting...I think that just the fact that they are dead and visiting me would freak me out.

I am a huge skeptic on this subject.

My Grandfather (whom was in considerably good condition except for clogged arteries in his heart) died of a heart attack last October. It was completely unexpected and I was absolutely devastated. For one, he and all of my family reside in Kansas and I am in Nebraska so I was at work the morning we found out. I cried for over two hours straight. Well, when we got there I wrote him a poem and a letter and put in his coffin and I begged him and God to show me a sign that he was alright and that he was in a better place...I waited and waited for a sign and I got nothing.

Well, my Grandfather was an employee for the Kady railroad for years and he loved trains. He also loved the St. Louis Cardinals. A couple of things that kind of went over my head at the time but I look back on now seem like something.

The poem I mentioned earlier that I wrote in my Grandfather's honor is one of them. I couldn't read the poem myself because otherwise I'd burst out crying so I had my Aunt read it out loud on my Grandma's front porch and as she was reading a certain line in the poem 'when we hear the whistle of the train blow, you are driving by- waving' the sound of a train whistle interupted her and we all sat through a spooky silence. Of course, at the time I thought nothing of it...and am still not sure what I think about that but everyone else seemed to think that was him giving us a sign.

On our way back from the funeral my family and I were stopping to get gas when I just happened to look forward and I saw a truck (the same exact truck my Grandpa drove) and on the licence plate was his name! I don't know why but I did not say anything to anyone about what I saw...

Then, a few weeks after we had been back home and trying to get on with everything I was on my way to work and the licence plate of the truck in front of me read 'newdeck' which I instantly got chills because about a month or two before he died, my Grandfather and my Dad worked on and painted his deck. And then at least two more times after that I saw that SAME truck with the 'newdeck' licence plate. Which I honestly think was just a coincidence but I couldn't help but wonder...

That is all that I have encountered thus far but my Mom and Dad have had some experiences.

My Mom was at the grocery store a month or so ago and in the parking lot she found an old St. Louis Cardinals baseball. She believes it is a sign from my Grandpa since that was his favorite team and she gave it to my Dad.

Now, my Dad had two dreams of my Grandpa (his Dad) and in one of them he said he just saw my Grandpa standing, smiling like he wanted to tell him something and then my Dad went up and they began to talk about baseball (something they always watched together) and in the second dream he says that he saw my Grandpa in this room and he looked and smiled at my Dad and then began to climb a ladder going up.

My Dad said he felt comforted by those dreams and it was nothing scary.

However, I am still waiting for my definate sign.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm not sure if I believe in 'visits' or not but if they are true, where the hell has my mother been for the past 5 years?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information