Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Williams haunted by ghost of Heath Ledger (has been visited 2 times already)

I'll be the black sheep here.
    I don't belive in this kind of thigs and I think she's just trying to get as much profit and attention as possible by taking advantage of a dead person.

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    I don't belive in this kind of thigs and I think she's just trying to get as much profit and attention as possible by taking advantage of a dead person.
    That may be a bit harsh. When you lose someone really dear to you,sometimes you do get a glimpse of them-call it longing or misguided feelings,I don't care-but not "taking advantage" It is a comfort to you. I believe her,because I have had this happen to me.Several times. You might at some point in your life also. I think it would be hard to totally understand with no personal experience,so no black sheep for you!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Bullshit !

There is NO WAY to come back to visit this plane of existence from the afterlife - My Mom took a long time to die from Breast Cancer and she said repeatedly that if there was anyway to contact the living from the other side she would and she never has so sorry to burst your bubble but dead is dead.

She strongly believed there would be some way to contact the living - I have a very large family ... no one has ever had any contact - it sucks, I wish it weren't so, but the dead can't talk to us and thats just the way it is.

If you guys "feel" you have been visited by your loved one from beyond the grave I am extremely jealous and won't try to take it away from you, but my Mom was adamant about "contact" - this was years ago, and no one has heard a thing ... I've always believed any connection with the afterlife people have is their own creation not "ghosts" from another plane.

(I'm a whole lot of fun in haunted houses, nothing scares me .)

I've never believed in ghosts eiter and in the bible (Yes, i believe in it) Jesus said something along the lines of Dead is dead, the dead cannot harm us, or protect us. But then my mum told me she's seen a ghost,and I know she's not lying about it. She was driving home at 2am one morning on a highway and a white figure with no feet raced across in front of her, she almost had a heart attack and stopped the car. She knew what she saw, and a few weeks later, there was a newspaper story that several people had seen this figure around the same time each morning and then it was discovered that it was a teenage girl who was murdered several years before in bushland nearby.

And if that didn't make me enough of a believer, in the movie Three Men and a Baby, in one of the scenes there's a little boy standing in a doorway behind one of the actors. Who was he? Well, in that apartment a boy shot himself, and that was the boy standing there.

So I'm a believer.
    On the other hand, it may be demons, not our loved ones. I do believe they take pleasure in misleading people.

If my mom came to visit me I think I'd be scared shitless.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

It only takes one white crow to make people stop believing all crows are black. Grieving people dream of loved ones. They feel comforted. Is it the loved one really? Who can prove either way. The main thing is the comfort you feel at a time you really need it.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

^ I believe in "spiritual energy", in the sense that people who experience violent or tragic deaths leave some sort of "residue" in this world that can be seen sometimes ... but I don't believe in ghosts.

and as for 3 men and a baby - total urban legend, not true at all.

Three Men and a Baby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    Bullshit !

There is NO WAY to come back to visit this plane of existence from the afterlife - My Mom took a long time to die from Breast Cancer and she said repeatedly that if there was anyway to contact the living from the other side she would and she never has so sorry to burst your bubble but dead is dead.

She strongly believed there would be some way to contact the living - I have a very large family ... no one has ever had any contact - it sucks, I wish it weren't so, but the dead can't talk to us and thats just the way it is.
    Just because you never experienced a life after death visit from someone doesn't really prove anything. Maybe she did come back and you simply didn't notice the sign she left. Sometimes it can be very subtle. My father died ten years ago and he came to visit us once a year for eight years.

You can only speak for yourself. That doesn't necessarily make it true for others.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Like I said ... "I am extremely jealous and won't try to take it away from you" ... I've had too many loved ones die to come on a board and take hope and inspiration from anybody.

If you think you've been visited, good for you, don't pay any attention to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    I don't think she's trying to take advantage (well I hope not cause I like her), but I definitely don't believe in ghosts and all that stuff...
    No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    ^ I believe in "spiritual energy", in the sense that people who experience violent or tragic deaths leave some sort of "residue" in this world that can be seen sometimes ... but I don't believe in ghosts.

and as for 3 men and a baby - total urban legend, not true at all.

Three Men and a Baby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ok, well the mother milked it for it's all worth because she said it was her son.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    Ok, well the mother milked it for it's all worth because she said it was her son.
    ... and if it brings her some peace in accepting her sons death than I'm all for it!

(same goes for Williams.)

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I've never believed in ghosts eiter and in the bible (Yes, i believe in it) Jesus said something along the lines of Dead is dead, the dead cannot harm us, or protect us. But then my mum told me she's seen a ghost,and I know she's not lying about it. She was driving home at 2am one morning on a highway and a white figure with no feet raced across in front of her, she almost had a heart attack and stopped the car. She knew what she saw, and a few weeks later, there was a newspaper story that several people had seen this figure around the same time each morning and then it was discovered that it was a teenage girl who was murdered several years before in bushland nearby.

And if that didn't make me enough of a believer, in the movie Three Men and a Baby, in one of the scenes there's a little boy standing in a doorway behind one of the actors. Who was he? Well, in that apartment a boy shot himself, and that was the boy standing there.

So I'm a believer.
    On the other hand, it may be demons, not our loved ones. I do believe they take pleasure in misleading people.
    your entire post just gave me the heebie jeebies .. you can just rock me to sleep tonight...
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Bronze Member

she's not trying to take advantage of a dead person... it wasnt her who told the press.. it was some "friends" and althought I do believe in afterlife I think this is a fabricated gossip

A*O

It's hard to explain to someone who has never experienced it but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It's very subtle and if you are not 'wired' to pick up the signals then yes, you probably do think it's BS. I am a natural cynic and always think of a hundred logical explanations for things before I wonder it it's something else and for the most part there IS a logical explanation. Many grieving people say they have some kind of 'contact' with the person who died and I do believe that's part of the grieving process rather than anything else. However, the heightened sense of awareness I've experienced on the very rare occasions I've felt some kind of 'presence' is totally different to anything else I've ever experienced and so I'm willing to go along with that. It's arrogant to think that we 'know' everything and that anything unexplainable is automatically bullshit. Just keep an open mind.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information