Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Michelle McNamara, writer and wife of Patton Oswalt, dies suddenly at 46

^^^^
    Lots of meds that are OTC in the US require prescriptions in Europe.
    Kittylady likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I thought that was the other way around.

Anyway, Naproxen is definitely not going to get you high/addicted like an opiod. You can get it with a prescription here too (500mg). Or you can just go buy yourself some Aleve at Walgreens.

Incidentally, stomach pains are the most common side effect, if you're going to have any at all. That's usually solved by taking it with food.
    holly likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    Yeah, it's truly shocking how willing some doctors are to shill out meds without really understanding the consequences or having a full picture of why other meds you're on. I always ask then ask the pharmacist again to be sure, then google interactions. My goal in life is not to pull a Ledger, as my friends so poetically call it.
    omg we call that pulling a ledger or taking any combo of something a 'ledger'. heath's a legend now.
    cherrypye likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post

Anyway, Naproxen is definitely not going to get you high/addicted like an opiod. You can get it with a prescription here too (500mg). Or you can just go buy yourself some Aleve at Walgreens.

Incidentally, stomach pains are the most common side effect, if you're going to have any at all. That's usually solved by taking it with food.
    I've only ever heard of it being prescription only in the UK. I also tried taking it with food/immediately after food (as per the instructions) but it made no difference. I still ended up doubled over in pain. I'm the same when I take (OTC) Anadin or Anadin extra though.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'm always surprised what is available OTC in the US; many of it would need prescriptions here. I feel like in a candy store when I'm an a pharmacy in the US
    sputnik and greysfang like this.
    -

Big Pharma would love everything to be prescription in the US. The prices they charge for decades old generic drugs is shameful. They have no conscience.
    greysfang and holly like this.

Aleve is my painkiller of choice. Lasts longer than ibuprofen and aspirin makes me puke.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

wow, I can't believe aleve is prescription only in Europe! Maybe I should try it again. I usually take ibuprofen for bad pain, and unfortunately, a couple times a month I have to take prescription hydrocodone (or is it oxycodone). I'm not really sure, but it's a Tylenol/opiate based drug. But nothing is more effective and fast enough for the severe occasional pains I get.
    greysfang likes this.

no, that's mexico.
    a friend developed a pretty scary pill habit - luckily cut short by a scare she had that seems to have been enough to make her stop, or at least i hope it was. she went to mexico all the time for work and could get anything - adderall, valium, etc., over the counter. i don't know if it's all pharmacies or you have to ask for the shadier ones that sell drugs to gringos.
    funky_chicken and Beeyotch like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The one time I was in Mexico (Tijuana) there were "pharmacies" every block or so. I went in and there are people in lab coats with prescription pads. LOL, like they just write up what you want and then dispense it I guess. I did not buy anything. I'm a fraidy cat.
    Brookie and I'mNotBitter like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

^^^ I'd be scared too. I've never been out of the country so I'm very unfamiliar with the process, but don't they just randomly check you out when coming back into the US from Mexico? I have relatives that would go down and come back with all kinds of benzos and opiates. Tons of it. They were never even checked. I'm kind of a "water half empty" girl and am convinced I'd get caught the first time doing this ... not that I ever would.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I've only ever heard of it being prescription only in the UK. I also tried taking it with food/immediately after food (as per the instructions) but it made no difference. I still ended up doubled over in pain. I'm the same when I take (OTC) Anadin or Anadin extra though.
    Interesting considering you can buy paracetamol with codeine (albeit a low dose of codeine) OTC in the UK without a prescription. My mother got hooked on that crap before hip surgery. Last time I was there you could still buy pseudophedrine tablets too, when that was prescription only in the US thanks to all the meth heads.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    The one time I was in Mexico (Tijuana) there were "pharmacies" every block or so. I went in and there are people in lab coats with prescription pads. LOL, like they just write up what you want and then dispense it I guess. I did not buy anything. I'm a fraidy cat.
    I brought back some pretty awesome Imitrex from Tijuana years back (I had migraines). No questions asked.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Interesting considering you can buy paracetamol with codeine (albeit a low dose of codeine) OTC in the UK without a prescription. My mother got hooked on that crap before hip surgery. Last time I was there you could still buy pseudophedrine tablets too, when that was prescription only in the US thanks to all the meth heads.
    You can buy cough syrup with codeine without a script in the US (well, at least New Jersey). They keep it behind the counter though and you have to sign for it and they keep track. Generally, you have to know the pharmacist as a customer though, since it's really at their discretion to dispense it.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post

When I lived in Phoenix, once every winter when my in laws came for the season, we would drive across the border and they would fill their prescriptions for 6 months - 1 year. I would get myself a huge bottle of Amoxicillin for next to nothing and keep it to treat my sinus infections I get a few times a year. It was convenient and cheap and save me from running to the doctor's office an extra 3-4 times a year.

Though i hear its a pain now because you have to have your passport to do it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information