Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Phelps involved in accident...

I agree Diva. I do not believe the cops would have turnd an eye to it if he was under the influence. I think they would think especially because of who he is they would have taken every measure if they had any suspicion as would the other driver.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Just keep them in mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Dive - i love that pic. You just need to replace the chestnuts with mangos.
    Step away from the chestnuts. Slowly.

I don't buy the account that Michael K got either....

If Phelps hit a parked car, then the 'driver' of the other vehicle was sitting in that non moving/parked car then? And I am sure, given his history, that the police did the right thing and checked for booze/weed.

And as for the writers claims that Phelps was acting drunk and stumbling around---well gee, that sometimes happen when you HIT something.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    If there was weed involved, he's screwed...again.
    pretty much thought the same thing. I hope pot wasn't involved with this accident.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    If Phelps hit a parked car, then the 'driver' of the other vehicle was sitting in that non moving/parked car then?
    I could see someone hitting a parked car as the result of a collision with another moving vehicle. It happens if there's enough velocity. Or perhaps if someone swerved to avoid hitting someone else. It said somewhere that one of the parties ran a red light.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Phelps receives citation, but other driver ran the red light.

Baltimore police say they'll cite Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps for driving without a license and failure to establish residency in Maryland following a car accident.

"Michael Phelps was the only person who went to her and asked how she was; opened the passenger door, leaned in. He was the only attentive person. Everyone else was taking pictures with their cell phone," said Joe Holland a witness to the accident.

Baltimore City's police report cites the other driver, Amanda Virkus, with failure to obey a traffic signal resulting in an accident. The penalty she could face is a $180 dollar fine and 3 points on her license.

Virkus was going north on Calvert Street when police say she ran the red light. Police are relying on one witness testimony of a woman who, they say, did not know yet that Michael Phelps was involed in the accident.

The Olympian who will be cited for driving with a non-valid Michigan license and for never establishing Maryland residency faces a $40 dollar fine.

"I realize that Mr. Phelps travels a lot, has a very busy schedule. He's been overseas a lot. It could be an oversight, but, it's something he'll have to address with the court," said Anthony Guglielmi, chief Baltimore Police spokesman.

Phelps' statement says he had left Penn Station; he had one beer two hours before the accident which is something police had to rule out.

"There's a process, Kelly, as far as how much alcohol you consume, how much food you have during that process, what the officers were looking for when they took his witness statement was his behavior; were his eyes glossy? Was his speak slurred?," added Guglielmi.

The 28-year-old's Facebook page says she's from Montgomery County, but works in the Mount Vernon neighborhood.

People who live around in the area see red-light violators often.

"Whenever I'm walking or driving I know to wait for the light to be green for five seconds because I know they're going to run it," said Heather Day, a Mount Vernon neighbor.

The DMV in Michigan said the license was not valid.

Phelps will have to appear in front of a judge for that penalty.

Virkus was released from Shock Trauma Thursday night.

No court date has been set for Phelps' license citation.

Phelps Cited In Accident, Other Driver To Blame - wjz.com
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information