Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch Off the market after failing to sell for 5 years

I believe in bad juju.

Like John Wayne Gacy's house, they tore it down, then somebody bought it and built a new house there. Even changed the address. Still wouldn't want to live there. Nope.
    tulip, rollo, Mivvi21 and 2 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm with you on this one, Trixie.

It's possible I'm influenced by my time in Hong Kong, since the the Chinese are more sensitive to 'atmosphere' than in Western culture. At some banquet we went to there, I was seated next to the judge from the infamous "Hello Kitty" murder trial. He told me that at one point, he and the jury were taken to the site of the murder, and that he was horrified at the evil he felt in that apartment. He said he went home and showered and burned all the clothes he had worn there. This guy was/is a highly respected judge, and I believed him. Still gives me the shivers when I think about it.
    tulip, rollo, Trixie and 4 others like this.

^^ Hello Kitty murder trial? *off to google*
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

czb

i'm afraid to google ....
    rollo, lindsaywhit and palta like this.

When I was last house-hunting, there was a house where a murder took place years ago and the house next door was for sale. Nope, wouldn't even look at it and it was going cheap too. I eventually found out who bought it and she was married to an accountant.
    lindsaywhit, Kittylady and sputnik like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    I'm with you on this one, Trixie.

It's possible I'm influenced by my time in Hong Kong, since the the Chinese are more sensitive to 'atmosphere' than in Western culture. At some banquet we went to there, I was seated next to the judge from the infamous "Hello Kitty" murder trial. He told me that at one point, he and the jury were taken to the site of the murder, and that he was horrified at the evil he felt in that apartment. He said he went home and showered and burned all the clothes he had worn there. This guy was/is a highly respected judge, and I believed him. Still gives me the shivers when I think about it.
    There are two houses in my neighborhood where people were murdered. One, a man stabbed his wife to death. Their kids still own the house. No way.

The other, a guy burned the house down with his elderly mother inside. A couple I know (quite casually) bought the lot and built a new house there. I still say no way. Hell, I think of those cases every time I drive by those homes, I couldn't imagine living there.
    lindsaywhit, rollo and Kittylady like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Exactly. It's like an imprint. I can feel it!
    Trixie, Kittylady and lindsaywhit like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm a great believer in how places feel deciding whether you should live there or not. I went against my better judgement and moved into my previous house even though it didn't feel right (we had to move quickly as my place at the time was under a demolition order). I had nothing but bad times come my way all the time I was there.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Neverland is like Chernobyl. Noone wants to be near such a toxic place.

A few years back a friend who worked in real estate sent me a link to the listing for an old cottage where a murder had taken place, because she knew I was interested in history, and the cottage itself was really cool.

The story sounded familiar, but it wasn't until a couple of months later I realised that the woman who'd been murdered was my mother's aunt, and I'd heard a different version of the story a long time ago without knowing any of the names or details. That was a huge shock.
    sputnik, Kittylady, fgg and 3 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information