Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Michael Hutchence's daughter 'living in a squat after getting 500 inheritance'

Born 1982. My sis was 18 when I was 5 I think? She left he all of her great records for me to play.

EDIT - I was lucky enough that MTV and VHI actually played music videos back then.
    SHELLEE likes this.

OLD LADY ALERT: I saw them at a 3-day festival in 1984, the week that Original Sin went to #1 (I remember because Michael came on stage yelling "thanks for number one!" before launching into it). They played during the afternoon because they weren't even headliners (it was Talking Heads, Simple Minds and The Pretenders) but they were one of the highlights, Michael just had so much energy. My friend and I lived on pancakes all weekend, and a few times we hung out at the pancake tent with the INXS boys, smoking their weed. Good times.

eta: I just found the video and it was actually at night. Must have been all the pancakes/weed messing with my memory.
    Last edited by faithanne; July 11th, 2019 at 06:59 PM.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

That sounds like the concert of a lifetime. I love all those bands. To have seen them when they and you were young? Awesomeness.
    Mrs P likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

And the Eurythmics! Forgot about them.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    OLD LADY ALERT: I saw them at a 3-day festival in 1984, the week that Original Sin went to #1 (I remember because Michael came on stage yelling "thanks for number one!" before launching into it). They played during the afternoon because they weren't even headliners (it was Talking Heads, Simple Minds and The Pretenders) but they were one of the highlights, Michael just had so much energy. My friend and I lived on pancakes all weekend, and a few times we hung out at the pancake tent with the INXS boys, smoking their weed. Good times.

eta: I just found the video and it was actually at night. Must have been all the pancakes/weed messing with my memory.
    awesome!!!

I love being old sometimes.
    sparkles, Waterslide and holly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post

I am so jealous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    That sounds like the concert of a lifetime. I love all those bands. To have seen them when they and you were young? Awesomeness.
    It would have been cool to also have Midnight Oil there singing "Blue Sky Mine"....
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It would have been cool to also have Midnight Oil there singing "Blue Sky Mine"....
    Lol I saw them live at a free concert at Wanda Beach (huge sand dune beach near Cronulla) back in maybe '81 or '82 where Peter Garrett played the entire set wearing a pair of Union Jack undies and nothing else.

eta: this is what happens when you're ancient... just checked the video and he started out wearing a t-shirt and trousers but he must have stripped down to the Union Jack scungies by the end.
    sprynkles, Novice and sparkles like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information