Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Michael Douglas Biggest Regret: "I wish I'd divorced my first wife sooner"

^ Well, I don't see the logic in that either. Michael was seeing anyone and everyone so how would that have helped?

I didn't say it would help. I was just speculating on what set off the new comments.

As for logic, I'm not sure it plays a huge part in people's feelings when their relationship breaks up. It's all action, reaction, automatic pilot and/or reach for the lawyer's number.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Silver Member

She went after him for proceeds from his Wall Street sequal, arguing that the movie stemmed from a movie made during their marriage. I haven't kept up with the trial, but my understanding is that her suit was dismissed. Either way, she was entitled to a portion of his earnings during their marriage and if he is profiting from something created during their marriage, then she can assert her rights.

He lays a ton of blame on her about Cameron- as if he was such a great father. It seemed from his comments that he was an absent father anyway. He should still shut his hols about Diandra. He wasn't so innocent either.

A lot of these relationships boil down to trying to decide whether or not to disconnect the life support, or trying to keep the illusion alive by artificial respiration.

Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    She went after him for proceeds from his Wall Street sequal, arguing that the movie stemmed from a movie made during their marriage. I haven't kept up with the trial, but my understanding is that her suit was dismissed. Either way, she was entitled to a portion of his earnings during their marriage and if he is profiting from something created during their marriage, then she can assert her rights.

He lays a ton of blame on her about Cameron- as if he was such a great father. It seemed from his comments that he was an absent father anyway. He should still shut his hols about Diandra. He wasn't so innocent either.
    Right! He shouldn't speak about her since they've been divorced for a decade or so but SHE is entitled to the sequel of a movie made during their marriage? bullshit! Michael gave her PLENTY...
    Last edited by Mel1973; August 14th, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Kittylady and sluce like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    I wish he would just STFU about Diandra. They have been divorced for 13 years and all this asshole does is trash her and blame her for Cameron's problems. He's moved on with another wife. Why does he feel the need to constantly bring Diandra up, especially since Diandra hasn't said a whole lot to the press.
    I kinda feel the same way--he was in his 30's when her married her--six weeks after meeting her at a party, and she was 19. (This wasn't long after he split from actress Brenda Vaccaro, who he'd been with for several years.) Cameron was born the following year. Not a great foundation for a marriage, IMO.

He had the money, power, fame, and I doubt he was a good husband what with all the rumors of infidelities, drug/alcohol use, and his stint in rehab, which he now denies was for sex addiction (yet he says he got throat cancer from oral sex and implies there were lots of partners)

Hey, she might have been a raging bitch for all I know, and maybe they should have split up sooner, but for whatever reasons, they decided to stick it out. Maybe he didn't want to divorce her because he knew it would hit him financially, big time, which of course it did. Maybe they hate each other because of how their son turned out. But move the fuck on already. (I'm not sure what the whole "Wall Street lawsuit was all about, but I read she got $45 mil in the divorce settlement, so it sounds like she might need to move on too.)
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I was trying to figure out the situation with Diandra and why she wanted additional money from Michael Douglas, and here is what I found (Diandra Douglas on Michael Douglas - Diandra Douglas Discusses Family - Harper's BAZAAR):

Diandra has found herself the matriarch of a very full house: Besides her seven-year-old twin boys, Hudson and Hawk, who were born via surrogate while she was with former fiancé Zach Hampton Bacon III, a hedge-fund manager, with whom she shares custody, she's a single mother to her adopted Kazakh daughter, Imara, six; there are two dogs, Blanca and Blanca's "mini me," named Namaste; and her boyfriend, Paulo Oliveira, is a frequent presence.
    In spite of, or perhaps due to, this crowded life, Diandra says the past few years have been "very difficult for me." In 2005, she married (then quickly divorced) entrepreneur and environmental activist Michael Klein. Her goddaughter, the heiress Casey Johnson, died suddenly. Meanwhile, Diandra took some financial hits. Her former business manager Kenneth Starr pled guilty to fraud, she was exposed to Bernie Madoff's Ponzi scheme through her investments in feeder fund Fairfield Greenwich Group, and the sale of her estate in the tony Santa Barbara enclave of Montecito fell through. (While it's on the market again for $29 million, Diandra is leasing it for events: Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie were the first to use it, for their August wedding.)
    Her financial losses are a factor in her decision to pursue the case. "Because of the type of human being I aspire to be, if Starr & Company hadn't happened and Madoff hadn't happened, and if a lot of other things hadn't happened, to tell you the honest truth, I really believe I would have walked away."

maybe she should... I don't know, get a fucking job!
    whitetigeress likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

And probably stop acquiring more children...

well, I didn't want to say... but YEAH!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I was trying to figure out the situation with Diandra and why she wanted additional money from Michael Douglas, and here is what I found (Diandra Douglas on Michael Douglas - Diandra Douglas Discusses Family - Harper's BAZAAR):

Diandra has found herself the matriarch of a very full house: Besides her seven-year-old twin boys, Hudson and Hawk, who were born via surrogate while she was with former fiancé Zach Hampton Bacon III, a hedge-fund manager, with whom she shares custody, she's a single mother to her adopted Kazakh daughter, Imara, six; there are two dogs, Blanca and Blanca's "mini me," named Namaste; and her boyfriend, Paulo Oliveira, is a frequent presence.
    In spite of, or perhaps due to, this crowded life, Diandra says the past few years have been "very difficult for me." In 2005, she married (then quickly divorced) entrepreneur and environmental activist Michael Klein. Her goddaughter, the heiress Casey Johnson, died suddenly. Meanwhile, Diandra took some financial hits. Her former business manager Kenneth Starr pled guilty to fraud, she was exposed to Bernie Madoff's Ponzi scheme through her investments in feeder fund Fairfield Greenwich Group, and the sale of her estate in the tony Santa Barbara enclave of Montecito fell through. (While it's on the market again for $29 million, Diandra is leasing it for events: Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie were the first to use it, for their August wedding.)
    Her financial losses are a factor in her decision to pursue the case. "Because of the type of human being I aspire to be, if Starr & Company hadn't happened and Madoff hadn't happened, and if a lot of other things hadn't happened, to tell you the honest truth, I really believe I would have walked away."
    Well, first off--Hudson and Hawk? Really? Is she a big Bruce Willis fan or something? Might be cute names for a pair of dogs maybe.

Ok, so it sounds like she's a little flakier than I thought. But I still say, marry a 19-year old (or anybody) after knowing them 6 weeks, and you're stuck with what you get. I think Michael probably contributed to her crazy. But for her to sue HIM because she made bad investments? Pffft. She got her $45 mil, I think what she did with it is her problem, not his.
    olivia likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

Looks like Diandra put her money in at least two hedge funds that promised "25% returns" or better. Naturally, they were scams. She had relationships with a hedge fund manager and an "entrepreneur". Why isn't she suing them for more money? Maybe because they are broke and Douglas isn't?
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I read that her divorce decree said she was entitled to any residuals he earned from projects completed during the marriage. She claims a lawyer said that meant the sequel to Wallstreet. A judge said no.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I read that her divorce decree said she was entitled to any residuals he earned from projects completed during the marriage. She claims a lawyer said that meant the sequel to Wallstreet. A judge said no.
    A. Diandra needs to learn to fucking read and comprehend... WAS the sequel completed DURING your marriage? NO! You aren't entitled to SHIT from that!
    B. That judge is right.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

And it doesn't matter what a lawyer might have "said" either. If it isn't included in the divorce decree, tough shit, baby.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information