Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: Mia Farrow: it's possible Frank Sinatra is Ronan's father, not Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Tritto.
    Quadrupo. And if that isn't a word, it should be.
    emkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    I've met a lot of raging idiots with a Masters from Columbia. I'm sure his connections helped. Uber rich morons in Upper Manhattan go to Columbia for their Masters the same way a normal idiot would go to a community college. It's local and they can afford it.
    That's pretty harsh. Many people go to community college because they are not financially able to attend a more expensive college, even with partial scholarships. That does not mean they are idiots.
    Kittylady likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    That's pretty harsh. Many people go to community college because they are not financially able to attend a more expensive college, even with partial scholarships. That does not mean they are idiots.

Please note I was comparing uber rich morons to the same type of idiots that go to community college. Point being that for a rich idiot living in Upper Manhattan, going to Columbia is not necessarily about being this mad genius. Lots of people are accepted but just can't afford to go. There's a huge difference between a high school student doing extremely well and gaining a scholarship to Columbia and a grad student applying to an Ivy League school and paying to go there. Lest we forget Tyra Banks' Business degree from Harvard.

I'm not saying that they are idiots. I'm saying exactly what you are saying. Lots of brilliant people go to community college because they can't afford the tuition at more sophisticated schools. And equally lots of idiots who can afford to pay the tuition at fancier schools just go there because it's convenient and they can afford it.

Please note I was comparing uber rich morons to the same type of idiots that go to community college. Point being that for a rich idiot living in Upper Manhattan, going to Columbia is not necessarily about being this mad genius. Lots of people are accepted but just can't afford to go. There's a huge difference between a high school student doing extremely well and gaining a scholarship to Columbia and a grad student applying to an Ivy League school and paying to go there. Lest we forget Tyra Banks' Business degree from Harvard.

I'm not saying that they are idiots. I'm saying exactly what you are saying. Lots of brilliant people go to community college because they can't afford the tuition at more sophisticated schools. And equally lots of idiots who can afford to pay the tuition at fancier schools just go there because it's convenient and they can afford it.
    Okay, got it. Thanks for clarifying.
    ribbit likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Ditto.
    double triple ditto

^^ Can I get that iced to go?

Lest we forget Tyra Banks' Business degree from Harvard.

To be fair though, it's not a degree from Harvard. It's from a non degree business education program.

The rich and connected do have advantages in being admitted to schools, just like they have advantages in life in general. But Columbia is a great school, without question, and I generally feel when people knock a school like that it's a bit sour grapey. Full disclosure- I'm the child of an Columbia alumna- who did not get in due to family connections, they earned it.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; October 5th, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
    czb, sluce, kasippu and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

sour grapes and ignorance.
    as for tyra's degree - like witch said, it's a non-degree programme. harvard has a ton of those. they also have language programmes and summer courses and i've known people who pay to take them (they will pretty much take anyone who can get in) and they try to pass themselves off as 'going to harvard' but everyone knows it's not true and they're just in one of their paid summer/non-degree courses.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    yes, and having a learning disability doesn't mean someone is 'mentally disabled', 'wasn't all there', is 'very simple', or 'has an IQ of less than 100'.

one can have intelligence and an LD.
    Yep, my son (5) has an intellectual disability. My sister has a learning disability (dyslexia) but does not have an intellectual disability. The terms are used interchangeably by a lot of people but they are not synonyms for each other. Either way Soon Yi obviously had access to learning supports to help her achieve her qualifications, I doubt it was just bought for her but when you're rich you can afford a lot of private tuition I'm sure.

(BTW I really really hate when people use the word 'retarded' when making a point about something that's ridiculous or idiotic. It's the only thing about GR that I don't like. I got my big girl pants on and am not making a big deal but really, there's a huge difference between having an intellectual disability (and its limitations) and those who do stupid things just to be/because they are an asshole. Love the snark, insight and humour otherwise. Now I shall slink back to my serial lurking (nearly a decade!) and infrequent postings.)

woody Allen creeps the hell outta me and those photos with his daughter just look so uncomfortable.
    ribbit likes this.

mjw
    Elite Member

Woody Allen takes long look at Farrow-Sinatra photo

Is Woody Allen feeling haunted by the Mia Farrow-Frank *Sinatra revelations?

The director was spotted looking thoughtfully at Harry Benson’s iconic photograph of Farrow and Sinatra entering Truman Capote’s Black and White Ball, which was on display at the Holden Luntz Gallery’s stand at the Park Avenue Armory art and antiques show Thursday.

An onlooker told us, “Woody just stood there looking at the photo of Mia Farrow and Frank Sinatra, studying it intently. He didn’t say a word. Eventually, he quietly moved on.”

The photo — of a masked, elfin Farrow and an angry-looking Sinatra entering Capote’s Ball at the Plaza Hotel — was taken by famed Scottish photographer Benson in 1966. Allen began a relationship with Farrow around 1980, and the couple separated in 1992 over the Soon-Yi affair.

Last week, over two decades later, Farrow got her revenge by revealing in Vanity Fair that Frank, not Woody, might be the father of her biological son, Lil’ Blue Eyes Ronan Farrow.
    Woody Allen takes long look at Farrow-Sinatra photo | Page Six

Elite Member

lol, she could be dyslexic and be of average intelligence. it's not idiot or genius. their IQ range would be the same as people without dyslexia, as it isn't connected to intelligence.
    By definition, you have to have an average or above-average IQ in order to have a learning disability.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    By definition, you have to have an average or above-average IQ in order to have a learning disability.
    yes, but try explaining that to the people who seem to think that if you have an LD you're 'mentally disabled', 'wasn't all there', are 'very simple', or 'has an IQ of less than 100'.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    How is that?

yes, but try explaining that to the people who seem to think that if you have an LD you're 'mentally disabled', 'wasn't all there', are 'very simple', or 'has an IQ of less than 100'.
    Hunches about Soon Yi's lack of mental capabilities aren't universal statements about LDs. Based on the evidence of the documentary and her relationship with Woody, the woman seems very dim.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Hunches about Soon Yi's lack of mental capabilities aren't universal statements about LDs. Based on the evidence of the documentary and her relationship with Woody, the woman seems very dim.
    I blame her Kenny Rogers-sized eyes.

How is that?
    Because the definition is: people with LD's are average or above in IQ but have a significant discrepancy between their ability and achievement.

I won't pretend to know the intelligence level of someone I've never spoken too, or met face to face. A few minutes on film aren't enough for me to know to my satisfaction. Especially as many people don't film well, and aren't comfortable on it.

But I seriously doubt Woody spends his time with someone with intellectual issues. He may be creepy, but he's a genius. YMMV.
    sputnik likes this.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information