Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert on her old rival, Shannen Doherty: ‘I’d punch her in the nose’

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    It was a scandal because the girl [s?] was underage and it happened during the Democratic Convention.
    Yes, there was 2 of them and one was 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Anyone remember the Rob Lowe sex tape scandal? You know, back when they got out and people were actually embarrassed and not leaked by the celebrity themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Yes, there was 2 of them and one was 16.
    I thought the scandal was the positioning of that black box over his genitals. I mean, WHY didn't they just come out and say "hey, he's got a tiny dick" because that's what everyone KNEW after that!

ETA: it was crule (ha) to use this: instead of one that runs up and down... just CRULE!
    sluce likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Ok, so still reading Rob's book, and it's quite interesting. I am only up to the point where he's filming The Outsiders. Speaks glowingly of Swayze and Matt Dillon. Tom Cruise? Notsomuch. Said that he has a weird intensity of no one he has ever met before or since. And when they all got flown to NYC for final auditions, Tom called his agent to bitch that they were sharing hotel rooms.

He did tell another funny story about how he and Jennifer Grant were friends, decided to not date or anything, but he went over to her father, Cary Grant's, house to watch one of his first roles in an after school special. Cary watched it with him, told Rob he would be the next Warren Beatty, then gave him a ton of little soaps and Brut aftershave. I found that very comical.

He also grew up down the street from the Sheen's and Penn's. Charlie wasn't that into being an actor. He was going to play professional baseball. Oh, and when Tom Cruise first got to LA, he stayed in the Sheen's guest room. Chris Penn was all into directing movies as a kid, and Rob broke his collar bone jumping backward off the roof of a shed for one of Penn's movies. Says he didn't see Sean much. He spent all his time surfing, so I guess Spiccoli wasn't a big stretch for him.
    sluce and MmeVertigina like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

You're making me want to read his book. LOL

I have to say I loved him back in the brat pack days. Then he had the scandal and I figured he was just a jackass and life would not end well. I'm happy, but surprised, that he has become a nice adult. I have not heard stories of cheating on the wife. He seems to adore her and being a father.
    Last edited by sluce; January 31st, 2014 at 11:19 AM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I think he had all the scandal because of his childhood. His mother was a little unstable, so he spent a lot of time numbing and running from his feelings. Then turned to alcohol, etc... scandal ensues.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Rob Lowe's book is phenomenal. Very entertaining. I actually have the audio version and I listen to it on road trips. It's great because he does such good impressions of people's voices.

And spoiler alert for those of you reading it, there's not a Melissa chapter. I think she's mentioned maybe once and it says something like, "I fucked my costar and that meant the end of my hot and cold relationship with Melissa Gilbert." Not in those words but that's the general idea. Just by reading it, you'd never know they were seriously dating for years and engaged at one point.

I also read Melissa Gilbert's book, and probably at least 50% of it is devoted to her relationship with Rob Lowe. She seems to me like the personification of "crazy ex girlfriend" and it's obvious that she never really got over him. After reading her book and seeing a few TV interviews with her, I get the impression that she has some issues. My stepmom followed that whole crowd in high school and told me that even back then, there was always something kind of "off" about her.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I thought there was a fairly recent scandal involving Rob Lowe and alleged sexual harrassment of a nanny. Whatever happened to that? *off to google before somebody calls me Becky*
    MmeVertigina likes this.

I just found out Laura Ingalls has a house up here about an hour from where I live. I already have my spring break planned, celebrity sight seeing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I thought there was a fairly recent scandal involving Rob Lowe and alleged sexual harrassment of a nanny. Whatever happened to that? *off to google before somebody calls me Becky*
    Per Wiki:

Jessica Gibson, 24-year-old former nanny for Lowe, made 12 allegations against Lowe involving sexual harassment claims and labor-code violations. On June 19, 2008, Santa Barbara, California, Superior CourtJudge Denise de Bellefeuille dismissed two allegations regarding labor-code violations due to lack of legal basis.[29] The legal battle ended in May 2009, the press reported that court records showed that lawsuits filed by both nannies and Lowe were dismissed in Santa Barbara. Attorneys for both women and Lowe sought the dismissals.[30]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information